Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2015 8:53:57 AM EDT
Did some torture testing of a suppressor on a shrike the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw7LEUKmjNw
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Did some torture testing of a suppressor on a shrike the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZM2xXKZpA8

View Quote

Corrected link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZM2xXKZpA8

Tagged for watching later.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to reload it as HD but not sure it improved the quality.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
A little smoke, hardly a "torture test"
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm very interested in any recommendations based on real hands-on experience for a suppressor that can handle sustained automatic fire from a Shrike.  I realize that such a can would not be the quietest or the lightest weight.  Thanks okay.

Thanks in advance,
Esox
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm very interested in any recommendations based on real hands-on experience for a suppressor that can handle sustained automatic fire from a Shrike.  I realize that such a can would not be the quietest or the lightest weight.  Thanks okay.

Thanks in advance,
Esox
View Quote

Amphib on here (that make the govnah gas block) has quite a few videos of them running the hell out of a specwar. It seems to hold up well for them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance,
Esox
View Quote

I have an American Manufacturing XXX Warrior built by Mike Klos that has held up just fine to high volume full auto fire over approx. the past decade.   Its previous toil in life prior to the Shrike's arrival was being tortured via Beta-C drums.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have an American Manufacturing XXX Warrior built by Mike Klos that has held up just fine to high volume full auto fire over approx. the past decade.   Its previous toil in life prior to the Shrike's arrival was being tortured via Beta-C drums.
View Quote

Same here with the Triple-X Warrior.

I managed to smoke the paint job, but the can holds up just fine.

I'm trying out a bump fire stock here. Other than the one hammer-follow failure, it was just fine.

Link Posted: 1/21/2016 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance,
Esox
View Quote

I have a aac 762sd that I use for suppressed f/a firing, I would recommend that.

I use it with beta drums, corrosive 5.54 and 90 rd ak drums.

I tried it on a beltfed, but I don't like fucking with the gas systems on them and don't want to beat them up.

using cans on beltfeds is a waste imo
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I ran multiple 100 round belts through my shrike with a 7.62 Stainless YHM Phantom. That can is a tank.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had great luck using my old AWC Optima can for FA use as well as my new AAC M4 2000. Also have the SDN can for the .308 but have not tried it on the Shrike.

While some may think its a waste on a belt gun, my take is that some gas that comes back seems to help with the operation of some guns that other wise might have an issue. YMMV
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top