Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 2:36:15 PM EDT
While there are Shrike uppers out there including mine that work just fine, I'm wondering if you have a can on a Shrike upper does/will a can help in the operation of a Shrike assuming one has an in spec lower? Seems like the back pressure from a can might help.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a suppressed barrel for my shrike.  Its one of the 12" adjustible ones with a American Manufacturer XXX warrior on it.

Combination works just fine for me.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you tell if there is more or less gas that comes back at you?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

All suppressors will increase back pressure. I dont own a shrike so im not sure if its a direct impingement like the M16 or if its a piston rod, either way you will have some increase in pressure with the suppressor.

I was always under the impression the issue with shrike was the links not the back pressure. FWIW using mil spec ammo is another way to make sure you have high pressures.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The Triple X can increases pressure less than most.  It has a .38 caliber bore so it can take full auto drum and belt dumps well.  I like mine, not real quiet but its trade-offs, like everything in life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
so the ROF will be 2500+ now..LOL
I have a 12.5" upper, I've been meaning to try out my suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As others have mentioned the XXX Warrior has an overly large bore aperature and makes up for the larger bore aperature with greater internal volume, so the gas back blast isnt all that bad.

From a ROF perspective, my suppressed barrel seems to run about the same if not a touch slower as you get a more consistent gas push back into the piston vs. a shorter but larger blast to the piston without the can.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
My Shrike is set up just the same with the shorty adjustable barrel and one of Mikes XXX cans.  Seems to run about the same as using the standard 16 inch barrel.  Gas blowback is negligible.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top