Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2015 10:35:43 AM EDT
Looking to buy a Colt M16A2/M4A3 from Ed Holtz who owns Urban Armory.
Would like to know if anyone here has completed any transactions with Urban Armory
Good or Bad.
Thanks
Stay safe

cmacaz

****UPDATE****04JUN15

Completed two deals with Ed Holtz. Result was outstanding. Excellent communications, smooth transaction. M16A2s were exactly as pictured.
I would definitely choose Ed Holtz over an unknown owner. Ed Holtz can provide referrals on request. Definitely a man of his word.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no direct experience, but can throw in a couple things you may find insightful.

He is in New York and I do not believe he can hold the items he is listing locally.  If that is true, he is brokering for others.  (Nothing wrong with that.  Just pointing it out.)
I have noticed that the ads/pics in some cases are copies of items held at other online dealers.  Again, he may be brokering for those dealers.

From what I understand, he has a long established reputation in the community and I have never heard anything bad.  Some have billed him as the "Go To Guy" for odd stuff you might need.  My personal feeling is that I would rather deal with the real owner of an item, if that ownership can be established.  Before anyone gets snarky, I am talking about items that the real owner is actively selling on their own that are cross-referenced on his site.  Interfering with what might be an exclusive arrangement in other circumstances would not be ethical.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Limited personal experience with Ed/Urban Armory but I bought an MP5 from him about a decade ago.  He was definitely the broker in that capacity and was upfront that he did not have the gun in his possession but would stand behind the transaction.

Process was smooth and painless and he had access to more MP5s than anybody else at the time.

Ed has been around as long as I have been collecting machineguns (15 years) and would assume that nobody stays in business that long if they screwed folks over on any sort of regular basis.

Granted there is something to be said for buying a gun from the guy who actually owns it.   However, if choosing between buying from an unknown individual that "owned the gun" or Ed /Urban Armory I would choose the latter.  Granted I wont buy from individual owners anymore unless I personally know them.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top