Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:30 PM EDT
My RDIAS was approved earlier this week, so now it's time to order full auto trigger parts.

I already have a BAD selector but I am unsure on which trigger I want to go with.

What are you guys running and like the best?  Not too worried about the cost.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele SSF
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Geissele SSF
View Quote
Are their any other quality select fire triggers?  Does KAC make one?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Geissele SSF
View Quote

Thats what i use on mine. Very nice 4 lb pull  2 stage trigger in semi auto. Believe its 6 lbs in auto. Its like night and day compared to a mil spec auto trigger.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geissele SSF
View Quote

+ 2
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geissele SSF

I use KAC and like it.  It has a nice match style semi-auto pull.  They seem hard to find though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My RDIAS was approved earlier this week, so now it's time to order full auto trigger parts.

I already have a BAD selector but I am unsure on which trigger I want to go with.

View Quote

I assume you ordered the right selector?  Gotta order the full auto one.  Figured I'd just add a friendly reminder.

I run an SSF too...really hard to beat IMO
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I assume you ordered the right selector?  Gotta order the full auto one.  Figured I'd just add a friendly reminder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup. Got the full auto selector.

I found a good deal for a SSF on gunbroker last night and bought one. Should arrive next week. If it's good I may have to buy one for M16 RR as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:01:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The Shot Show 30% off Geissele coupon worked wonders for me
Now just waiting on my gun to show up at my dealer. Should be some time this week. We will take it out to play during the form 4 wait.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Geissele SSF
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I found a good deal for a SSF on gunbroker last night and bought one. Should arrive next week. If it's good I may have to buy one for M16 RR as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for mentioning it, I think I found it, the club in PA selling them? I got one, someone else got the last one, they're all out now.

Quoted:

Yep

Your vids sold me on the PWS 7.62x39 7.75" upper! Pretty happy with it, aside from incompatibility with JP captured springs but they're supposed to be working together on a fix right now. Need it for my M16 lower with off-spec buffer retainer hole
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I may have gotten the last one, thanks for the tip!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have used JP triggers for about a decade; very happy with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geissele SSF

JP has a select fire trigger?

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

JP has a select fire trigger?

http://jprifles.com/1.4.8.2_fc.php
Your link is for a semi automatic trigger.  I don't think JP makes a full auto trigger.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone try the Hogan drop-in modular m16 FCG? I really like the fact that there is zero stress on the receiver from the FCG.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
um.....

Take your auto hammer, selector, and disconnecter and sick it in the gun with that trigger, whalla.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your link is for a semi automatic trigger. I don't think JP makes a full auto trigger.

um.....

Take your auto hammer, selector, and disconnecter and sick it in the gun with that trigger, whalla.

Missed that it didn't have a closed back like most triggers and you were talking about only the trigger instead of the whole FCG.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Anyone try the Hogan drop-in modular m16 FCG? I really like the fact that there is zero stress on the receiver from the FCG.
View Quote

Looks interesting.

http://www.hoganguns.com/parts/223lowerparts.html
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Hogan Gold standard m16 drop in trigger
http://www.hoganguns.com/parts/223lowerparts.html

i contacted them by phone 6-8 months ago when their website was down and they said they didn't have any but would when website was up.
I just noticed there site was working. so i bought it and then they emailed me that they don't have them and aren't making them anymore.

I started a thread looking for a Drop in M16 FCG *Edit* I Guess what i am looking for is a modular trigger system
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_23/440307_.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I too have an RDIAS and had contacted Hogan a while back about their trigger.  My thought was to buy one semi and one full and be able to swap back and forth with my DIAS but essentially have the same type of trigger no matter which configuration I use.  I also use the BAD safeties and have one of each in semi and auto setup the same.  Back then Hogan the semi-autos in stock but were about a month out of the full autos.  As far as I know I have never heard of anyone using their full auto trigger or if they have ever been sold.  I wanted the fastest range swap from a standard lower to my .45 grease gun lower which shoots a DI upper.  I gave up and just went Geiselle SSA/SSF and got the added benefit of having some of the best triggers on the market.  If I take my time it's about a 3-5 minute swap at the range.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been using that JP trigger on M16s (and AR15s) for more than 15 years. I've tried everything else, including Gisselle triggers, and still prefer the JP's, and not just because they cost less than half of the high-priced offerings. The JP's, in my experience, stand up over the long-term (ten thousand rounds after ten thousand rounds after ten thousand rounds etc.).

Your Mileage May Vary.
View Quote

Tony (and other guys using JP's in M16's), do you mean this kit?

I assume you swap out the disco for a full auto one, with all other lower parts standard M16 stuff?

What combo of springs works best in your experience?

Any other special instructions for this kit on m16's?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if any where ever sold.I was going to look for a used one.
Then i wondered if you could convert a semi pack to a full auto rdy pack.
At that point and with the cost of having to buy one to butcher and the parts to add/modify.
I think making one from scratch would be more worth while.I doubt i'll purse it

When doing the DIAS swap i hate the little screws for the KNS pins.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Eukatae,

Thanks for sharing!

Could you elaborate on the springs?

JP lists these combos on their page:

Spring Selection Guide:

Competition/Recreation
The yellow/yellow combination may be used for competition and various recreational applications with hand loads or domestic-manufactured, non-military ammunition. It will result in a release weight in the 3.0-3.5 lb. range on most receivers.
Enhanced Ignition Reliability
The yellow trigger spring combined with the red hammer spring will yield a release weight of 3.5-4.0 lbs. on most receivers and offers increased reliability for (5.56 NATO) or foreign-manufactured ammo with low sensitivity primers. The yellow-red springs must be used for any large-frame AR installation to ensure 100% ignition reliability. This is also the minimum acceptable combination for tactical duty (LE) installations and should be used only with domestic-manufactured ammo in this application.
Duty/Defense
The tactical spring set includes a full powers (grey) hammer spring (purchased separately) and yellow trigger spring. It may be required for agencies that mandate a trigger release weight of over 4 lbs. This set up also insures 100% ignition reliability on both AR-15 and AR-10 type rifles.
CMP
To meet NRA Service Rifle Competition rules of a 4.5 lb. release weight, the CMP spring set (purchased separately) includes the full-power hammer spring and a custom trigger return spring, which will allow you to tune to a release weight just over 4.5 pounds to lift the NRA weights
View Quote

So you use yellow/yellow?

What kind of ammo do you normally use?  I will be using this with milsurp m193 and am concerned with reliability.

Oh, and how would you describe the pulls you get in semi and auto?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:28:42 AM EDT
[#30]
^gotcha, thanks for sharing your set up and experience Eukatae!

Tony and others using JP on a RR, I'd love to hear your take on this as well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you hate the screws but want the anti-rotation features get their "Quick Change NRTHP"
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/trigger-hammer-pins/ar15-m16-quick-change-nrthp.html
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/c/qcnrthpfull2.jpg

How do those work?   Their description and pictures are vague and leave me with questions.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How do those work?   Their description and pictures are vague and leave me with questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you hate the screws but want the anti-rotation features get their "Quick Change NRTHP"
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/trigger-hammer-pins/ar15-m16-quick-change-nrthp.html
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/c/qcnrthpfull2.jpg

The pin with the notch in the middle is the hammer pin.

Each pin has an anti-rotation leg, the black leg of the pins in the pics.

The anti rotation legs overlap each other to hold each pin in place and prevent them from rotating.

The trigger pin leg has a dowel and the hammer pin leg has a channel that the trigger pin leg dowel fits in.

The hammer pin is then locked in place by the hammer j-spring engaging the notch in the middle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've never seen those, i too would like some more info. I'll do a little more research myself. Have those worked out well for you?
*EDIT* you answered these questions while i was typing this post thx
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Short answer: I run a yellow trigger spring and usually a red hammer spring.

Long answer: More than a decade ago, I was looking for an M16 trigger for competition use, and there wasn't anything out there. But the JP trigger looked like it might work.

So I called JP Enterprises and John Paul was nice enough to take my call personally. He said that although it wasn't mentioned on the web site, his trigger did indeed work as part of an FA FCG, and was being used by many SWAT teams. He suggested the yellow/red spring combo. I tried it, loved it, and have run this setup in all my M16s and most of my AR15s.

At the time, I was burning through a stack of the 2,700-round, $300 tubs of South African 5.56 and needed the red hammer spring because I encountered so many hard military primers. With a diet of only commercial, you might be able to get by with yellow/yellow.

BTW, I adjust mine to absolutely minimum engagement and overtravel before Loktiting them down. With new Colt disco and hammer, no stoning is needed, and engagement is the proverbial glass rod breaking. And with the minimum travel, it feels for all the world like an on/off button, so it is really easy to grab doubles, sometimes even singles (depending on the ROF of your configuration).

The photo above looks like the trigger is missing the half of its tail required for FA use, so JP may have changed the design. I would suggest you give them a call before ordering to confirm they can still be used for FA in a registered receiver.

HTH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^gotcha, thanks for sharing your set up and experience Eukatae!

Tony and others using JP on a RR, I'd love to hear your take on this as well.

Short answer: I run a yellow trigger spring and usually a red hammer spring.

Long answer: More than a decade ago, I was looking for an M16 trigger for competition use, and there wasn't anything out there. But the JP trigger looked like it might work.

So I called JP Enterprises and John Paul was nice enough to take my call personally. He said that although it wasn't mentioned on the web site, his trigger did indeed work as part of an FA FCG, and was being used by many SWAT teams. He suggested the yellow/red spring combo. I tried it, loved it, and have run this setup in all my M16s and most of my AR15s.

At the time, I was burning through a stack of the 2,700-round, $300 tubs of South African 5.56 and needed the red hammer spring because I encountered so many hard military primers. With a diet of only commercial, you might be able to get by with yellow/yellow.

BTW, I adjust mine to absolutely minimum engagement and overtravel before Loktiting them down. With new Colt disco and hammer, no stoning is needed, and engagement is the proverbial glass rod breaking. And with the minimum travel, it feels for all the world like an on/off button, so it is really easy to grab doubles, sometimes even singles (depending on the ROF of your configuration).

The photo above looks like the trigger is missing the half of its tail required for FA use, so JP may have changed the design. I would suggest you give them a call before ordering to confirm they can still be used for FA in a registered receiver.

HTH.

Tony, that is great additional info, thank you!

Although burning through 2,700 round tubs implies plenty reliability , I just wanna confirm in your opinion will these triggers, when properly adjusted and loc-tited, be trustworthy enough for a go-to rifle if needed?

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Eukatae, Tony, thanks much for the info!

I was not even aware the JP could be used in an M16, and finding out you guys used it definitely piqued my interest.  I just had to confirm, and who better to ask?

Pics of the trigger does look like one side of the tail is missing compared to a normal auto trigger like tony said...I will contact them before getting one as suggested to be sure.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top