Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 6:13:25 PM EDT
I am talking to someone about buying their Sendra M16.  I thought they all were semi and converted to full auto but the seller is saying this rifle is 100% Sendra, only says Sendra on the weapon and the form 3.

Do full auto (not converted) Sendra exist?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one back in 1987 that was all Sendra. Good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry i found out it was a rock island conversion
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've also never seen a Sendra upper or barrel... or anything except lowers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sendra never mfg anything but lower receivers.
View Quote
More interestingly, they never marked them full just semi and safe.  So it is always interesting to see the various punchings of "auto", "Full", "full", "FULL", "AUTO", "Rock-on" and "" for the selector marking.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I texted one of my friends last night, whose ex made all of the Sendra lowers back in the day. He doesn't recall there ever being a factory made full auto.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I would guess there may be some. Court document said they were a manufacturer of machineguns. But not as many as they wanted to.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-dc-circuit/1097455.html
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would guess there may be some. Court document said they were a manufacturer of machineguns. But not as many as they wanted to.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-dc-circuit/1097455.html
View Quote

Interesting link, thanks.  The evidence seems to support that those receivers were never properly drilled (whether or not milled) prior to the 1986 cutoff.  Might explain all the pilot-hole located semi-auto Sendra lowers seen on the market in the later serial number ranges, and that perhaps Sendra located those holes in the runup to the cutoff, intending to finish them later.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top