I think Front Sight near Vegas still does one a few times a year
edit: sorry that is for ar15
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Defensive Edge hosts AR-15/M16 armorer classes now and then that are open to the general public. If they don't have one scheduled near you, if you can round up enough local interest, they'll host one in your area.

http://www.thedefensiveedge.com/AR15_M16_M4_Armorer_p/ar15armorer.htm

Looks like there is an open class in Texas in a few weeks:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Defensive Edge hosts AR-15/M16 armorer classes now and then that are open to the general public. If they don't have one scheduled near you, if you can round up enough local interest, they'll host one in your area.

Sept 29 & 30, 2014 - University of TX Health Science Center Police Dept - Open Enrollment

Dude, thanks! I signed up. It says to bring your own weapon.. i'm a bit weirded out about bringing a machine gun into a school. I guess it's OK though since it's for the class.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
lol, I just got paid for two weeks to go to am Armorer'e course.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I attended a course of theirs years ago in Indiana, and all I happened to own at the time was an M16, so I made arrangements ahead of time to use one of their AR-15's. If you have a semi-auto, just take it. I doubt anyone there will be bringing a transferable.

You can always send Greg Sullivan an IM to work things out:

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=81900
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sept 29 & 30, 2014 - University of TX Health Science Center Police Dept - Open Enrollment

Dude, thanks! I signed up. It says to bring your own weapon.. i'm a bit weirded out about bringing a machine gun into a school. I guess it's OK though since it's for the class.

I attended a course of theirs years ago in Indiana, and all I happened to own at the time was an M16, so I made arrangements ahead of time to use one of their AR-15's. If you have a semi-auto, just take it. I doubt anyone there will be bringing a transferable.

You can always send Greg Sullivan an IM to work things out:

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=81900

Sully runs a good course, I took it about 4 years ago. Two days very well spent.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

lol, I just got paid for two weeks to go to am Armorer'e course.

View Quote

Use the money you saved to take an English course

Quoted:

Sully runs a good course, I took it about 4 years ago. Two days very well spent.

That's good news

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I took Sully's class a few years ago.  Great experience and really gets you comfortable and stripping, maintaining, and reassembling everything on the rifle.  The best part is to be able to try everything knowing you have an infinitely supply of springs and parts and the oversight of someone teaches you to do it right.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Any classes in the Dallas area later this year/early next year?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Frisco Gun Club! They have a large classroom that would work i bet.

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#14]
That place looks great!

Dallas is a nice area as well...

Look, if y'all want to get together and pay my lodging, travel expenses, meals, and maybe a bar tab, I'll come show you whatever you want to know... 2 days, 3 days, whatever you need.

(I even let spellchecker change my usual ya'll to y'all, as good grammar is essential to positive instruction!)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#15]
If I cant get into a Colt course, I like the SIG course on the gas impingement AR.  I think their M16 course is LEO only, but it doesnt hurt to ask since they sell their proprietary M4 piston uppers to the general public.

Nothing against the other courses mentioned in this post, but as an Armorer for a WPPS program, we are limited to who we can get certified by, and which courses get reimbursed for.  In the same ball park about who will accept you since when not overseas, you dont carry creds that allow you into a LEO only course unless you are known to the course provider.

Did talk to a gent at FNMI about having FNH USA sponsor a Civie Armorer class, but they said it was good idea, but they contracted out some of their training to a third party out of Frederickburg, VA (maybe Crucible) and they tried to keep it LEO or MIL only - but that could change with pressure from consumers of their FN15 line.

Just food for thought.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top