Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2014 6:30:35 PM EDT
Trying to see if this is a quality M16.  Was told this is a forged receiver that has been milled and works with all milspec uppers without an issue.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not any help but you could try posting this in the Armory Class 3 M16 forum to get some better opinions.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks good to me. *cringes at the sight of the satanic 3rd hole*
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like one of there early bar stock receivers. serial number seems to fit in that range.
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=27
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not any help but you could try posting this in the Armory Class 3 M16 forum to get some better opinions.
View Quote

Linkage
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Some of these early milled receivers were soft leading to egged out pin holes. That's about all I've ever heard of as issues.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one of those. They were not forged, but were milled out of bar stock. They were some of the earliest non-Colt lowers to be available. Mine was converted to FA by RIA, and I have it set up as a faux XM177 shortie. It works fine.

In the past, I had several of these that were not converted to FA. As I recall, they had some out-of-spec issues (for example, uppers had to be individually fitted to them, holes were drilled slightly off-center, etc.). I think that the ones that were converted to FA were specially selected by those doing the conversions, or had the bugs worked out of them during that process.

When the Sendra forged lowers came along, in the early 80's, it was like a breath of fresh air.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like one of there early bar stock receivers. serial number seems to fit in that range.
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=27
View Quote

I appreciate how they used long term employee's initials as S\N prefix.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top