Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2014 8:26:57 PM EDT
I came across an old thread where a member described their US property stamped M16 he did a FOIA on. Unfortunately he did not say what research/regulatory agency his gun ended up coming from. His gun had rack numbers and serial numbers electropenciled on the receiver and upper like mine. Anyone else on here in possession of one of these guns? If so, do you know where your gun came from? I'd love to know where my rifle served rack duty.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
My gun came from the department of energy. Rack number on front of mag well and on bolt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My gun came from the department of energy. Rack number on front of mag well and on bolt.
View Quote

Directly from the DOE or a nuclear plant/research outfit?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. It was traded to a C3 dealer and then sold into the transferable market.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
FOIA info is very limited. No names just dates it transferred on and the state it was in. But the as Tony would
Say YMMV..
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top