Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2014 4:02:57 AM EDT
First of all, I'm a new member of this site and absolutely living outside the USA.  If I unintentional abuse the rules, please forgive me and kindly advise.

I just got this piece today (D.I.A.S) and will try it this weekend with my .22 CMMG at range.  Anyone ever owned it, please advise me about maintenance and proper operation.  Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/kUIPqOx.jpg
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
How much did it cost you all up?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations! Make sure you have the CMMG sear trip and anti-bound weight and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the legality and process to own firearms in The Philippines?
Are the rules different for full-auto?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:14:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry as I have selected wrong country when registered.  I actually live in Phillipines.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The CMMG trip is out of spec and will a problem with a DIAS.

Unless they re-designed the trip in the last year.  I dont know.

I showed that the trip was faulty on threads in the CMMG forum.

It can be made to work but not worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations! Make sure you have the CMMG sear trip and anti-bound weight and you should be good to go.
View Quote

Yes, I got them.  thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

1,000$
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

1,000$
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1,000$

Damn.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1,000$

Damn.

Lmao..... Damn...
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1,000$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1,000$

Multiply that by 10 or 15. That's what we have to pay for one.

Enjoy it while you can. Post some videos and rub it in our faces.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lmao..... Damn...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1,000$

Damn.

Lmao..... Damn...

Don't be too sad guys.  The gun laws in the states (most of them atleast) are still much better than over there.  Still a little jealous of that price though!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
1,000$

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1,000$

What's the process for buying something like that?

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1,000$
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1,000$

I'd own at least 20 of them at that price.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Dumb question:

Does semi still work, and if so, how is the drop-in sear moved out of the way by the selector?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It doesn't get moved ... because it doesn't have to.

The drop-in sear locates the autosear in the exact same position in the full-auto fire-control group as does a factory, drilled receiver. So the drop-in sear interacts with the full-auto hammer/trigger/disconnector/selector in the same way that a factory sear does.

That's why when you have a DIAS, you must switch out the host's semi fire-control group for a full-auto fire-control group. Otherwise, it will not work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

Does semi still work, and if so, how is the drop-in sear moved out of the way by the selector?

The drop-in sear locates the autosear in the exact same position in the full-auto fire-control group as does a factory, drilled receiver. So the drop-in sear interacts with the full-auto hammer/trigger/disconnector/selector in the same way that a factory sear does.

That's why when you have a DIAS, you must switch out the host's semi fire-control group for a full-auto fire-control group. Otherwise, it will not work.

Thanks for that information. I had no idea how that thing worked. Now I understand.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

Does a lightning link also require full auto fire control parts? Me and a few friends were discussing this the other day and were unsure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Now I see why they are not so popular. (Does it also require an SP1 carrier?)
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

I was under the impression that, in a factory M16, when you select AUTO a cam on the selector interacts with an arm on the auto-sear allowing it rotate into such a position that it can engage the "auto-lug" on the M16 hammer.  I still don't follow how the DIAS isn't in the way of that "auto-lug" when SEMI is selected.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was under the impression that, in a factory M16, when you select AUTO a cam on the selector interacts with an arm on the auto-sear allowing it rotate into such a position that it can engage the "auto-lug" on the M16 hammer.  I still don't follow how the DIAS isn't in the way of that "auto-lug" when SEMI is selected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

With an M16 auto sear, the M16 selector, on auto, holds down the extended tail of the disconnector, and has a relief for the tail of the M16 auto sear to allow it to move and function.
On semi, the M16 sear is pushed out of the way by the selector and becomes stationary, while the disconnector is allowed to move and function.

With a DIAS, the auto sear has no tail and moves and functions 100% of the time, as it is not held back by the selector on semi.
In semi, the disconnector is still holding the hammer when the bolt closes and trips the auto sear, so the hammer doesn't drop until the trigger is reset and pulled again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

With an M16 auto sear, the M16 selector, on auto, holds down the extended tail of the disconnector, and has a relief for the tail of the M16 auto sear to allow it to move and function.
On semi, the M16 sear is pushed out of the way by the selector and becomes stationary, while the disconnector is allowed to move and function.

With a DIAS, the auto sear has no tail and moves and functions 100% of the time, as it is not held back by the selector on semi.
In semi, the disconnector is still holding the hammer when the bolt closes and trips the auto sear, so the hammer doesn't drop until the trigger is reset and pulled again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

Yep

With and M16, on safe, the sear is moved out of the way
With a RDIAS, the sear is always used in semi or full auto, like how a full auto AK is. In semi, when the bolt trips the RDIAS, it releases the hammer but is caught by the disconnector.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks for that information. I had no idea how that thing worked. Now I understand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb question:

Worst video I've ever made, and it's a bit long.  If you have 15 minutes though, it will explain everything about a RDIAS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdR7rEuLrvE
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top