We did a video explaining how a Machine Gun Works
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool video and made really easy to understand
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool video. I'm assuming this is your traditional FA fire control group. I'd like to see a video of a demonstration for a RDIAS and how it functions...
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Thumbs up.  Nice straightforward explanation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Good presentation. Now we need one on how a three round burst set-up works.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I was curious after watching video and found that I can buy a M16 full auto LPK and it ships right to my door.

How can this be?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was curious after watching video and found that I can buy a M16 full auto LPK and it ships right to my door.

How can this be?
View Quote

If you own a registered full auto AR and your LPK goes down, you need to be able to get parts don't you?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

If you own a registered full auto AR and your LPK goes down, you need to be able to get parts don't you?
View Quote

Ok....but the seller doesn't know if I have a legal full auto.   I can get this shipped right to my door.  Whats to stop me from converting my AR?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

View Quote

Ok....but the seller doesn't know if I have a legal full auto.   I can get this shipped right to my door.  Whats to stop me from converting my AR?
View Quote

What's to stop you?  How about a long stay in a federal penitentiary.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Right of course...but otherwise...why are these not shipped to FFL only?  Seems kind of careless on the part of the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

Not that big of a deal as long as you don't try to modify the weapon to accept them
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

Not that big of a deal as long as you don't try to modify the weapon to accept them
View Quote

I guess...just kind of took me by surprise a bit.

Am I missing something or is it as easy as it looks?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I understand the laws regarding full auto ownership...my brother has owned several since the early 80's.  My previous understanding was that only those in Law Enforcement could purchase the auto sear and disconnect.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I understand the laws regarding full auto...my brother has owned several since the early 80's.  My previous understanding was that only those in Law Enforcement could purchase the auto sear and disconnect.
View Quote

If those parts were restricted for purchase by only those in law enforcement, it would make things difficult for guys like your brother who need replacement parts for their registered full autos.

The way that they do it now by considering only the lower receiver to be the restricted part seems to be a reasonable way to administer the law.  If they got too carried away with the individual parts, we'd all have to turn in our full auto BCG's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Right of course...but otherwise...why are these not shipped to FFL only?  Seems kind of careless on the part of the ATF.
View Quote

What's the point of requiring LPK parts to be shipped to an FFL?  There's no paperwork to be completed on the transfer of LPK parts.  What's the FFL going to do?

The point is that if you are going to be a responsible firearms owner, the first step should involve becoming familiar with the law.

Having a full auto LPK in your possession when you do not own a registered full auto firearm for those parts is not a good idea.  Just because you "can" have those parts shipped to your door does not mean that you "should."
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

View Quote

I guess...just kind of took me by surprise a bit.

Am I missing something or is it as easy as it looks?
View Quote

Actually, it would be easier to produce a RDIAS and use with a low shelf lower.  Easier but gets you the same ticket to Club Fed for an extended stay
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand the laws regarding full auto...my brother has owned several since the early 80's.  My previous understanding was that only those in Law Enforcement could purchase the auto sear and disconnect.
View Quote

If those parts were restricted for purchase by only those in law enforcement, it would make things difficult for guys like your brother who need replacement parts for their registered full autos.

The way that they do it now by considering only the lower receiver to be the restricted part seems to be a reasonable way to administer the law.  If they got too carried away with the individual parts, we'd all have to turn in our full auto BCG's.
View Quote

Right.  Seems reasonable.  Look but don't touch...touch but don't taste.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:49:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#20]
While you can buy the FA BCG, the FA selector switch and the FA hammer and ship to your door, you still need to have a transferable lower with a FA sear or a registered drop in auto sear to have a fun switch on your gun, both of which are tough as fuck to get. The RDIAS is the registered machine gun that's probably $3 in metal parts that any 2 bit machinist can make in 5 min .
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I watched it this morning and I have to say that now, I fully, 100% percent, understand how full auto-works. The guy in the vid did an excellent job. Kudos OP!

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

The ATF wants you to commit crimes, so they can make you a felon and restrict your ability to own a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I want one. The only hard part is coming up with $20K or whatever the going rate is to buy a registered FA lower that was registered prior to 1986.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand the laws regarding full auto ownership...my brother has owned several since the early 80's.  My previous understanding was that only those in Law Enforcement could purchase the auto sear and disconnect.
View Quote

Obviously you don't. I don't know if being LE to purchase a sear and disconnect is the law in your state, but it's not a federal law. Some companies (Bushmaster for example) require proof of legal NFA ownership before selling the sear, but others don't.

And it's not a question of the ATF being "careless." The current law and common sense should prevail. Do I need to wait nine months for ATF approval to purchase a replacement part that is currently uncontrolled?

Let it go.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?

Gun control laws are fucking stupid who could have thought...
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How can this be?
View Quote

Aside from the illegality of the whole thing, the auto sear won't physically fit into an AR15; the receiver walls are too thick.  When 07 FFL's create post samples out of semi-auto guns they have to mill the insides of the receivers.

-bob
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?

Wrote a rant about preemptive laws presuming guilt but deleted it. Waste of breath or typing? So I will just leave the following........

If you are truly ignorant of all this and feel the need for more restrictions,  know I respectfully disagree

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Excellent video.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Nicely done.

Stoner really was a genius.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Aside from the illegality of the whole thing, the auto sear won't physically fit into an AR15; the receiver walls are too thick.  When 07 FFL's create post samples out of semi-auto guns they have to mill the insides of the receivers.

-bob
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can this be?

-bob

There is also the matter of PRECISELY locating and drilling the 3rd autosear hole (the act of which makes the reciever a full auto, and once a full auto, ALWAYS a full auto even if you weld the hole shut.  Im not sure what the exact tolerance is on the 3rd pin hole, but I know it isn't much, otherwise nothing works right.  

The ATF (afaik) considers the relative complexity and sophistication required to get the shelf/wall thickness just right and the hole just right enough to keep the average joe from making a semi auto reciever a full auto one (I should point out that an easy to convert semi reciever would be deemed a full auto anyway, and not be allowed for civilian sale in the first place).  Even more so, if one possessed the skills and equipment to do a semi-> full conversion of a receiver, one could make an unregistered DIAS or LL to do the same job in less time and effort.

As I understand things too, there can be timing issues when you combine all the tolerances of the hammer pin hole, autosear hole, autosear, hammer, and BCG shelf, if the parts are not milspec?
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Low shelf receivers are not illegal for retail sale.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Bump
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top