Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 8:28:55 PM EDT
I have had this MAC 10 in 45 ACP for the last 12 years or so.  It's always been treated as a toy, just to spray bullets into the back stop while the M16 got all the attention.  I think it's time to upgrade it's status.

Mine is a Texas MAC, and appears to be the later version with a lot of Cobray parts, and is stamped M10A1.  First off, it needs a stock.  I was looking at the ones Lage offers, do these require any mods to the frame?  I was also looking at the slow fire upper, which appears to be the only available for thisgun.  Are there any other options available?  I do have a can for this gun as well.

Jason
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
http://max-11.com/ 

All of that stuff
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Max11 upper.
Any of the stocks, no modifications needed.
Get a Suppressor for it.

The Wonder to yourself why it took you so long......
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I run a FAL stock on mine and it's a huge improvement over the folding POS jigsaw puzzle thing that came on the TX MACs. I also like the railed upper with HK sights I picked up.
While the slow fire uppers are nice and they smooth out the action I've decided to keep mine in standard "bullet hose" configuration.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have had this MAC 10 in 45 ACP for the last 12 years or so.  It's always been treated as a toy, just to spray bullets into the back stop while the M16 got all the attention.  I think it's time to upgrade it's status.

Mine is a Texas MAC, and appears to be the later version with a lot of Cobray parts, and is stamped M10A1.  First off, it needs a stock.  I was looking at the ones Lage offers, do these require any mods to the frame?  I was also looking at the slow fire upper, which appears to be the only available for thisgun.  Are there any other options available?  I do have a can for this gun as well.

Jason
View Quote

I had a Jersey Arms Works .45. The stock they had on it was wiggly and SHORT.
I got a CAR tube adapter from U.S. Machinegun. Much more enjoyable. They didn't have any slow-fire uppers back then. But you could do the TASK conversion.
I never did it because I didn't want to drill the rear of the receiver. Mine was a toy as well.

Just remember that "TOY" goes up in value every year. Anything you change, must be reversible back to stock
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#5]
EVERYTHING FROM LAGE.

Sliding Stock is bad ass.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EVERYTHING FROM LAGE.

Sliding Stock is bad ass.
View Quote
Yeah the sliding stock is great.  Sort of keeps in character with the gun.  I also bought a side cocker with rail on top.  Put an Aimpoint on it.  It looks like something that might have been offered in 1997 as the MAC 2000 in some alternate universe where it would have been the original company's last market offering before going out of business...

I would have gone Lage at the time if the Mk2 had been available, Lage's original upper for the MAC 10 was nice but very heavy.  On UZI talk, there is a thread going on the possible production of a tungsten bolt that will fit into the original upper and should drop the ROF substantially.   That is what I am holding out for.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:51:25 AM EDT
[#7]
look into this

MAC10/9 UZI Conversion – Practical Solutions

it makes it much more fun to shoot
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
look into this

View Quote
This is what I've got on my M10 and I love it.  I run the PS uzi magwell with a sidecocking upper and PS folding "mini-uzi style" stock and it's a rock solid set up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:04:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
look into this

View Quote
this
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
look into this

this
Stop already with this suggestion, the man has a 45 cal gun. Who in their right mind would cut off a 45 magwell grip and convert it to a 9MM?
Just run a 9MM mag adapter if you have to shoot 9's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Stop already with this suggestion, the man has a 45 cal gun. Who in their right mind would cut off a 45 magwell grip and convert it to a 9MM?
Just run a 9MM mag adapter if you have to shoot 9's.
View Quote
1) sorry wrong thread, 
thought this was the guy with a Mac 10/9.

2) you can still use the 45 Uzi mags, and have both

3) fuck adapters, stop being poor and get another MG in the cal you want
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Lage stuff is nice, but on the large MACs, it turns a brick into a tank.  I sold mine and didn't look back.

Look at a side folding stock such as Practical Solutions and perhaps a side cocking upper.  The large MACs are better in their native form IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll recommend getting it cerakoted.  It's cheap and really improves the looks.  It's not like it's a collectible.  

I did it to mine, love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top