Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 5:11:32 PM EDT
First machine gun cleared hot. HR4332 Uzi. It's running on 115 grain so I was pretty happy about that. Scouting around for parts and I see RTG is carrying some. I'm good on mags but looking for additional parts for replacement and specifically a short FBI barrel, threaded 1/2x28, for a can or that I can attach a tri-lug to. Any/all help is appreciated. Tango.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/uzi-replacement-barrels/

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dcartstores.com/Uzi-Full-Auto-9mm-85-FBI-Secret-service-Barrel_p_242.html

http://www.uziparts.com/Uzi-SMG-Barrel-9mm-85-UZI-BBL-SMG-9mm-85.htm
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Join UziTalk.com and put a WTB ad in their Classified Ads section.

Best of luck obtaining the part(s) you want.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First machine gun cleared hot. 
View Quote

what does that mean?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what does that mean?
View Quote

Wondering the same thing...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wondering the same thing...
View Quote

"Approved, Good to Go, The Man said Yes". We need to get you people out of your caves a bit more around here
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Approved, Good to Go, The Man said Yes". We need to get you people out of your caves a bit more around here
View Quote

YES yes, please come here and ask for help, then mock us for not knowing a slightly on topic but out of place obscure phase...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
"Cleared hot" is a common military phrase. It means you are authorized to fire a weapon. It's most frequently used by aircrews.

OP, it's cheap enough to obtain a couple standard barrels and get one 3-lugged. I'd probably do that. Get one threaded 1/2-28, and another equipped with a 3-lug, but do not do both to the same barrel. Then you'd run into problems with the thread protector.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dcartstores.com/Uzi-Full-Auto-9mm-85-FBI-Secret-service-Barrel_p_242.html

View Quote

What ever you do don't buy a green mountain barrel. They are not built to specs and they are pieces of shit. When the barrel causes problems Green Mountain will tell you your Uzi is out of spec and it is not their issue. They will not listen to you when you tell them you have 6 barrels but theirs is the only one that does not run.

Rtg and us barrel shrouds are both good to deal with. Get a spare extractor or 2. That is the only part I have had give me problems ( besides the gm barrel).

BWE is on of the best Uzi gunsmiths out there. He sell parts also. His parts are a little high but the stuff you get from him will be top notch.

All my Uzi cans attach where the barrel nut goes. Bowers makes a great can with a great mount.

Join Uzi talk. The guys there know their stuff. They will lead you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What ever you do don't buy a green mountain barrel. They are not built to specs and they are pieces of shit. When the barrel causes problems Green Mountain will tell you your Uzi is out of spec and it is not their issue. They will not listen to you when you tell them you have 6 barrels but theirs is the only one that does not run.

Rtg and us barrel shrouds are both good to deal with. Get a spare extractor or 2. That is the only part I have had give me problems ( besides the gm barrel).

BWE is on of the best Uzi gunsmiths out there. He sell parts also. His parts are a little high but the stuff you get from him will be top notch.

All my Uzi cans attach where the barrel nut goes. Bowers makes a great can with a great mount.

Join Uzi talk. The guys there know their stuff. They will lead you in the right direction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting ,I have two green mountain barrels in my smg Uzis and they are perfect no issues whatsoever
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]
sico omega 9k can has tri lug mount
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Interesting ,I have two green mountain barrels in my smg Uzis and they are perfect no issues whatsoever
View Quote

Damn I am happy to hear that. Mine won't run and they basically told me to fo.

Look at the chamber end and compare it to an IMI. My green mountain is a lot different.

I am glad they work for you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine wouldn't run at first either.  This was at a time when Green Mountain would actually warranty them though.  What came back had a chamber mouth that was gratuitously beveled.  It works great now and even feeds 147gr flat point bullets just fine.

Good luck getting that service today from what I've heard lately.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I recommend you either 3-lug a barrel or use a barrel nut installed can. Mine is 3-lugged and it's great.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mine wouldn't run at first either.  This was at a time when Green Mountain would actually warranty them though.  What came back had a chamber mouth that was gratuitously beveled.  It works great now and even feeds 147gr flat point bullets just fine.

Good luck getting that service today from what I've heard lately.
View Quote

can you post up a picture of the beveled barrel?

did the bevel cut into the chamber length at all?

what are the angle and dimensions of the bevel?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I recommend you either 3-lug a barrel or use a barrel nut installed can. Mine is 3-lugged and it's great.
View Quote

I have both.

The sweetest setup is the GemTech MK9K with barrel nut mount.

If you do the 3-lug BBL, make sure you chop it down to CIA length.
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have both.

The sweetest setup is the GemTech MK9K with barrel nut mount.

If you do the 3-lug BBL, make sure you chop it down to CIA length.
View Quote

The mk9k with barrel but mount is SWEET. That's just such an awesome can. I agree, the barrel must be chopped when adding a 3-lug.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got 3-lug and threaded barrels, plus a couple of barrel nut mount cans, so I can go whichever way I want.

With that in mind, I almost always grab one of the Bowers cans with the barrel but mount for the Uzi.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I love my Bowers CAC 45 can w/barrel nut for 9mm (And 45 one day)

I had my 22 barrel threaded b/c with the CAC the barrel got too damn dirty and it was a little eheavy for a 22 
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I have an IMI UZI SBR and would also like to use my suppressor on it (have an AAC Evo-9 and Griffin Optimus) - but want to avoid having to buy a dedicated UZI suppressor and also want to avoid the goofy looking standard UZI barrel being threaded with a suppressor.

Anyone have pics of a suppressed (and unsuppressed) UZI with the various barrel configs and non-dedicated suppressors?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you can get a barrel-nut mount for either of your cans, it makes for a much, much shorter configuration. Here's mine (LRM US9) with my suppressed 92:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1498uziand92.gif
View Quote

I haven't found one for either of those suppressors, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:09:48 AM EDT
[#24]
There are still original barrels around .  Watch . I scored a South African one last year at a gunshow off a small guys table . $30 looks like new .
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There are still original barrels around .  Watch . I scored a South African one last year at a gunshow off a small guys table . $30 looks like new .
View Quote

There's always somebody

finding some amazing deal

on something rare.

And then they post about it.

The truth be told, the supply of original barrels has pretty much dried up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's always somebody

on something rare.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's always somebody

on something rare.

That was a lovely haiku.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That was a lovely haiku.
View Quote

Not just a poem, but a truism of life.  Needs to be in flowing script.

There's always somebody

on something rare.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I had an extra barrel cut and threaded to accept a 3 lug. I wanted to be able to use the same subgun suppressor on all my host SMG's. It's about the length of a FBI barrel now. Can't upload pictures because ARFCOM claims they're too big!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Here's the finished product. Function over fashion.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249712/UZI-SMG-MG--d--120923.JPG

Here's the finished product. Function over fashion.
View Quote
I like it!

Can you also post a picture of it without the suppressor?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll try. The site won't let me from my phone. Says it's too big of a picture. Might have to retake one when I'm back home.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Beautiful! I'd say that is form AND function. My primary UZI barrel is nearly identical.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

[size=4][color=#a64d79]There's always somebody

on something rare.

And then they post boast about it.
[/color]</font>
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[size=4][color=#a64d79]There's always somebody

on something rare.

And then they post boast about it.
[/color]</font>

FIFY

The boasting guy will write something like, "There's NO NEED to pay full price for a machinegun.  The deals are out there if you look for them.  I just bought a mint 1944 M1A1 Thompson for $12,000."

Sure there are bargains out there.  But finding a deal like that is a total fluke, it depends on finding a seller whose understanding of the MG market is 15 years out of date and has no clue how to figure out what his gun is worth.

so the buyer is flattering himself by attributing his dumb luck to perseverance or savvy.  You wonder why he doesn't just start a business.  Just find one of them sweet deals per day and retire on the profit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks.

I like it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#38]
You're welcome. I like the 3 lug look and convenient application of it. It just works.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyway, OP, congrats on your first MG.

You sure picked a good one, the UZI is one of the very best MGs ever made and it is a very fun gun.  Very accurate as well.

Lots of spare parts available, of which you will need none.  You will not wear anything out.  I guess get some extractors.  And a new top cover and red dot mount for the top cover and a red dot sight.

I really only ever use the red dot on mine. an aimpoint h1

I guess get some new old stock recoil springs.  Might need a new one eventually.

Get a quick detach wood stock, the folder is uncomfortable.

Go to uzitalk, that's the UZI hangout for UZI fanatics.

Get a LULA loader, big help loading mags.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#40]
I also recommend going to Uzitalk.   Lots of great Uzi info there.   I bought a Vector years ago.   So far no problems, and I have never had to replace anything.   Except ammo.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There's always somebody

on something rare.

View Quote

The really sad part is . I bought a parts kit when I bought my gun and a .45 conversion as well . My gun came with a .22 conversion and a extra barrel threaded 1/2-28 by Gemtech . I have a hard case full of spares . I tend to like to have what I need to repair any issues . I may have contributed to drying those up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
It's highly likely that most MG parts shortages are caused by gun collectors.

Sometimes a semi-auto version of a gun will be produced and that uses up a lot of parts.  For example, the rear sight on the 1928 Thompsons was an expensive Lyman ladder sight.

So when they started making semi-auto versions of the gun for people who cannot own the MG version, they sucked up all the remaining Lyman sights.

But most of the time I think the parts disappear because of MG owners compulsively buying spare parts "before they all run out".  

So the spare parts inventory is taken out of a warehouse and re-warehoused in everyone's house.

I own 20 exc used UZI magazines and 20 NIW mags.  So far, I have used 3 of the used mags.  So that's around 35 or so mags taken off the market and warehoused in the filing cabinet next to my gun safe.

Someday I'll kick the bucket and my wife will probably throw them away.

You know a lot of this stuff is going to get thrown out.  That precious, irreplaceable spring kit for your Thompson lower is just a baggie of little springs.  Who is going to know what it is when gramps dies and they start tossing all his stuff?

BTW, I was forced to buy the UZI mags.  They were $8.99 each.

But technically, the existing parts supplies should last forever.  How many full auto UZI bolts wear out each year?  One?  One half?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's highly likely that most MG parts shortages are caused by gun collectors.

Sometimes a semi-auto version of a gun will be produced and that uses up a lot of parts.  For example, the rear sight on the 1928 Thompsons was an expensive Lyman ladder sight.

So when they started making semi-auto versions of the gun for people who cannot own the MG version, they sucked up all the remaining Lyman sights.

But most of the time I think the parts disappear because of MG owners compulsively buying spare parts "before they all run out".  

So the spare parts inventory is taken out of a warehouse and re-warehoused in everyone's house.

I own 20 exc used UZI magazines and 20 NIW mags.  So far, I have used 3 of the used mags.  So that's around 35 or so mags taken off the market and warehoused in the filing cabinet next to my gun safe.

Someday I'll kick the bucket and my wife will probably throw them away.

You know a lot of this stuff is going to get thrown out.  That precious, irreplaceable spring kit for your Thompson lower is just a baggie of little springs.  Who is going to know what it is when gramps dies and they start tossing all his stuff?

BTW, I was forced to buy the UZI mags.  They were $8.99 each.

But technically, the existing parts supplies should last forever.  How many full auto UZI bolts wear out each year?  One?  One half?
View Quote

Too true. I have 5 or 6 FS UZI SMG barrels (IMI, FN, and Lytton/South Africa), around 70 mags. My SIG 55x parts bin is really absurd. All the small parts, pins, springs, etc look like trash to the uninformed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Look at the chamber end and compare it to an IMI. My green mountain is a lot different.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a few years ago GM had a bunch of UZI barrels that did not have enough of a funnel (for lack of the technical term) at the chamber breech. I ordered one a couple months ago for an SBR project and it runs like a champ. Not a problem in over 1200 rounds so far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 7:48:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top