Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2016 9:21:50 AM EDT
Hi All!

I have been kicking around buying a Jap T99 LMG. However, I am unfortunate enough to live in CT, and the new AWB Hartford dropped on us still allows us to buy F/A firearms, but limits magazines to 10 round capacity. A total buzz kill for MG owners, but since I don't have plans for moving out of state any time soon, I am stuck with that capacity. Now, if I am lucky enough to find a T99, there is no way on God's green earth that I would pin an original $1200 magazine to a ten round capacity. I have a couple of out-of-state options for storage of an original magazine if it came with the it, but that still leave me with nothing to feed the gun with.

I have heard for many years how MG13 magazines can be modified for use in T99s. Although they are not as cheap as they used to be, MG13 magazines would be affordable enough to buy a number of them, and pin them to 10 rounds each. I will just have to practice my magazine changes to keep up any type of rate of fire!

Anyway, can anyone tell me how this modification is made?

On a related subject, if I was able to find a 7.62x39 conversion, I have a good number of registered AK magazines (that we are allowed to keep for now), and I could afford to modify a few to use in a conversion like that. Plus, 10 round magazines for the AK are cheap, and I could stock up on those to shoot.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi All!

I have been kicking around buying a Jap T99 LMG. However, I am unfortunate enough to live in CT, and the new AWB Hartford dropped on us still allows us to buy F/A firearms, but limits magazines to 10 round capacity. A total buzz kill for MG owners, but since I don't have plans for moving out of state any time soon, I am stuck with that capacity. Now, if I am lucky enough to find a T99, there is no way on God's green earth that I would pin an original $1200 magazine to a ten round capacity. I have a couple of out-of-state options for storage of an original magazine if it came with the it, but that still leave me with nothing to feed the gun with.

I have heard for many years how MG13 magazines can be modified for use in T99s. Although they are not as cheap as they used to be, MG13 magazines would be affordable enough to buy a number of them, and pin them to 10 rounds each. I will just have to practice my magazine changes to keep up any type of rate of fire!

Anyway, can anyone tell me how this modification is made?

On a related subject, if I was able to find a 7.62x39 conversion, I have a good number of registered AK magazines (that we are allowed to keep for now), and I could afford to modify a few to use in a conversion like that. Plus, 10 round magazines for the AK are cheap, and I could stock up on those to shoot.

Thanks!
View Quote

I would go the 7.62x39 route- check on subguns for who can convert them. Maybe it's Bubba? Jap guns are still affordable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top