Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2016 9:27:54 PM EDT
A couple of pics of my growing family of shorties.  I am waiting for two more Form1's to get approved at which point I will be able to add a 9" 12ga O/U and a 10" Thompson SBR.

Spikes 37mm bored to 40mm as a DD
GSG-5K Suppressed
12" Remmy 870
10" XCR
4.5" UZI Pro
7.5" Noveski Diplomat chambered  in 6.8 SPC
4.5" VZ61 Skorpion
7.5" Mini Draco AK47
5" Suppressed KRISS Vector

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I dig it!

Nice stuff OP.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
needs some full auto

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
needs some full auto

View Quote

Agreed. A HK or M16 Sear would add some spice to that collection!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
needs some full auto

View Quote

Yep, you are absolutely correct.  That is why I am working on a deal for an M11/9 wth a Lage Slow Fire Upper.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Lame.... read title to the thread,, thought you were a midget,, wanted to see some real shorties
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, you are absolutely correct.  That is why I am working on a deal for an M11/9 wth a Lage Slow Fire Upper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
needs some full auto

You're as good as hooked.

In a year you'll be scheming on how to afford one of the blue chip guns - Thompson, M16, UZI or MP5

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In a year you'll be scheming on how to afford one of the blue chip guns - Thompson, M16, UZI or MP5

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
needs some full auto

I do love old FA Thompsons.  Would love to get me a '21.  This group represents 1/8th of my overall collection so I have spent well over what a FA Thompson would cost me..............................however, dropping that kind of coin at one time would end in divorce for me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
needs some full auto

If your goal is a blue chip gun I would just start with that in the first rather than upgrading later. With that said a Mac is loads of fun as well.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The chances are about 95% that you're going to get a Thompson.  

Once you start playing around with that M11, your brain chemistry is going to change. You will not think the same way about guns anymore.

The only guns you are going to be really interested in are going to be FA.

The idea of owning your Thompson will go from being a daydream to something that you just go ahead and figure out how to do.

Regarding Thompsons -

It's impossible not to like a Thompson, it has a strange perfection to it.

The entire gun is sculpted from solid steel like a piece of industrial art and it hoses out 45 slugs like it was airsoft pellets.

If you cannot shoot a Thompson well, then you cannot shoot.

I would not buy a 21 model.  It is more of a collector's item than anything else and you will pay an extra 60% just because the gun has "Colt" engraved on it.  Original parts are almost unobtainable.  It's a collector gun.

A better option is the USGI WWII 1928 or 1928A1 model.  Same gun at a much lower price.  

Another excellent option is the M1 or M1A1 model.  They are an absolutely fantastic weapon and one of the very best WWII collectable firearms.  Technically, the M1 and M1A1 models represent a genuine upgrade, a product-improvement.  But it's hard to convince people of that because the gun is superficially less "fancy" than the earlier models.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#10]
how you like the 40mm in the spikes launcher?  Been thinking of doing something similar
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice set up. You need some more cans!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice set up. You need some more cans!
View Quote

I have two more cans but they are on title I guns, not shorties.  One is on an AUG and the other is on an FNP45 Tac.  I am about to plunk down some coin for Dead Air's new AK47 can they call the Wolverine.  It will live on the Mini Draco as Dead Air will guaranty it on "any" barrel length and they said they have done a lot of testing with the Mini Draco.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the SBR mini-uzi like compared to other pistol-caliber carbines?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks good.  Needs some ak Sbr goodness
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks good.  Needs some ak Sbr goodness
View Quote

The one laying down just above the VZ61 Scorpion is an SBR'd AK.  It's a 7.5" Mini Draco in 7.62x39
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
how you like the 40mm in the spikes launcher?  Been thinking of doing something similar
View Quote

I originally purchased two tubes so that I could bore one out to 40mm and keep the other stock.  Since it is not rifled (and those darned government chalk rounds are so expensive) I primarily use the 40mm tube for my BeeHive round.  All my other rounds (flaschette, shotgun, and explosive) are made with heavy gage reusable 37mm casings.

I used it a lot when I lived in Utah because nothing burns on the salt lake.  But since I have moved to other states where everything burns (so I can't use the fun stuff) it just sits in the back of the safe.  I will take it out and start using it as soon as I find the right (safe) location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top