Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2016 12:15:57 PM EDT
Anyone know much about these?

Found someone selling local for $21k but I've read they might be cast. Does that really make a difference?

It would mainly be used in a HK21/23, but might pick up a MP5K for fun too.

I'm not very familiar with the HK series of firearms so any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have no problem buying one for 21K, they are cast but their is no real force on them and I've never heard of one breaking.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They are definitely cast.

Interview with Curtis Higgins of S&H for the back story on the manufacture.

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2343

I have heard rumors of an S&H sear breaking and not being heat treated but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an S&H sear for $21K unless there was something seriously wrong with it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Jump on it at $21k.

Worth nearly as much as a Flemming sear, about $30k...
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not going to speak to the quality of various sears; however, generally, Flemming and Qualified sears are considered the most desirable. Whether that desirability is based on perception or reality is another issue. Historically, Flemming and Qualified sears are worth about $500 more than an S&H sear. The spread is very minimal now that HK sears retail for $28,000-$32,000. The spread may have increased a bit, as I see naked Flemming sears selling at $32,000 on GB. I have not seen an S&H sear sell for that much.

A good deal nowadays would be $25,000.

That $21,000 price is so low that it sounds 'scammy', if purchased from a stranger. Even if you didn't want the sear, you could easily flip it by posting a WTS ad at $25,000. It'll sell in less than a day.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not going to speak to the quality of various sears; however, generally, Flemming and Qualified sears are considered the most desirable. Whether that desirability is based on perception or reality is another issue. Historically, Flemming and Qualified sears are worth about $500 more than an S&H sear. The spread is very minimal now that HK sears retail for $28,000-$32,000. The spread may have increased a bit, as I see naked Flemming sears selling at $32,000 on GB. I have not seen an S&H sear sell for that much.

That $21,000 price is so low that it sounds 'scammy', if purchased from a stranger. Even if you didn't want the sear, you could easily flip it by posting a WTS ad at $25,000. It'll sell in less than a day.

View Quote

Yeah the seller is not responding so either he's busy, it's a scam or he realized it's worth more than $21k haha
Really wasn't in the market for a HK sear but at that price I figured I should jump on it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah the seller is not responding so either he's busy, it's a scam or he realized it's worth more than $21k haha
Really wasn't in the market for a HK sear but at that price I figured I should jump on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The price is somewhat questionable since he is probably 5K under the low end of market.  

I would be concerned about an outright scam as previously mentioned or if there have been modification (welded/cut  on years ago to fit into a burst pack) or if there are pedigree problems (i.e. owner lost or damaged the original sear and "made" himself a replacement and transferred the serial number)
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
That's a steal if you can get it for that.

I bought my Fleming sear in September 2014 and paid $21k.  The same shop had an S&H for $19k.

They've both appreciated a lot since then
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy it now!!! You'll love it man ;) Yeah definitely pick up that Mp5K, you'll shoot it way more. Don't get me wrong belt-feds are bad-ass, however I just don't shoot them as much because you have to link the belts up which takes a while.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Only hesitation I would have with a S&H sear is that some of these went out with HK hosts that had the front hole drilled for swing down lower and then later ATF changed their minds on newly drilled holes so these grandfathered guns went out with letters stating that the sear is forever married to the host.  If some owner along the way magically divorced them then there could be potential issues in the future (with all the paperwork corrections happening now).
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
Only hesitation I would have with a S&H sear is that some of these went out with HK hosts that had the front hole drilled for swing down lower and then later ATF changed their minds on newly drilled holes so these grandfathered guns went out with letters stating that the sear is forever married to the host.  If some owner along the way magically divorced them then there could be potential issues in the future (with all the paperwork corrections happening now).
View Quote

The sear itself is registered though. The guy in potential trouble is the one with the pushpin hk94 host.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#12]
If you pass on it I will take it.  Already have a SH but I could use another one.

Im not kidding, if you pass up on it I would like the contact.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
doubeltap-ski
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you pass on it I will take it.  Already have a SH but I could use another one.

Im not kidding, if you pass up on it I would like the contact.
View Quote

Guy never responded and the ad is gone. Either he sold or realized he way under priced.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I never got a response either.  I found them on facebook and their last activity was like years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top