Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2016 5:14:12 PM EDT
Never really have seen much on FAL's. I know erb did good work, the gun looks minty. Has a scope on it, it's a heavy barrel with a bipod. I'm going to meet the guy tomorrow to look at it, price seems decent based on the machinegunpriceguides.com But can't find much for anything on a transferable one. Only a presample at $11,000 on past sold auctions for what I can search back on gunbroker. I'll have photos and markings tomorrow.
Thanks,
Steve C.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
As you said, Erb has a reputation for good work, and it's pretty difficult to FUBAR a FAL conversion.  I honestly think swapping the ejector block is the worst part assuming it wasn't a FA block at the start.  Pictures of the block pins and machined hinged area should tell the whole story.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As you said, Erb has a reputation for good work, and it's pretty difficult to FUBAR a FAL conversion.  I honestly think swapping the ejector block is the worst part assuming it wasn't a FA block at the start.  Pictures of the block pins and machined hinged area should tell the whole story.
View Quote

Ok. Let me load the photos. Seems to be a really clean gun.

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the move Tony.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You can see how the ejector block was probably replaced.  The lower pin holding it looks to have been peened a bit with slight marring of the finish.  This is only cosmetic and will not affect functioning.  The hinge pin area I mentioned would be with the grip frame and autosear removed.

I'm sure it's all fine, plus it's a Belgian gun.  Very nice!  Learn how to control it less you accidentally take down low flying aircraft.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can see how the ejector block was probably replaced.  The lower pin holding it looks to have been peened a bit with slight marring of the finish.  This is only cosmetic and will not affect functioning.  The hinge pin area I mentioned would be with the grip frame and autosear removed.

I'm sure it's all fine, plus it's a Belgian gun.  Very nice!  Learn how to control it less you accidentally take down low flying aircraft.  
View Quote

Is there better photos to take? I know they are crappy, I've never owned or played with a FAL. I can ask the dealer to get photos of certain areas that make a difference. Is machine gun price guide right? Are they worth $18-19,000? Seems high.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If you really, really, really, want to do your complete due diligence with respect to the mechanical conversion, have the dealer remove the lower receiver (the hinge pin just unscrews), pull the autosear out (it will be floating after the hinge pin comes out) and shoot a photo of the hinge pin area.  IMHO, I doubt it is worth the trouble as I am sure a dremel was not used to do the work.

Value is on you.  I don't see to many FALs move, but I do remember a nice HBar version not too long ago that seemed difficult to sell at $15,000.  You possibly have a little wiggle room on price.  I wanted a 308 rifle and ended up with a BM59.  I'm glad I did as it's actually controllable and considerably cheaper than a FAL.  I'd at least find some youtube vids, look at how they handle and see if you want to give it a go.  This will be difficult to keep on target when shooting offhand without considerable practice.  Doesn't mean it won't be fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top