Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2016 5:10:56 PM EDT
...but besides being torn by the very thought, I am not sure which one I should sell. Want opinions.

I have a Fleming MP5SD RR push-pin converted from a HK94.  RR Colt AR15A2 converted by Billistics, which is large pin, so I use a conversion pin when swapping uppers. Last, a SGW Oly that has recently been blueprinted by M60Joe, and anodized by US Anodizing.

All are in great shape and function perfectly.

If you had to get rid of one, which would it be and why?

Thanks All!
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The SGW Oly. Drool over the other two.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote would be to sell  the Colt AR15A2 conversion.   You have two M16s, so it doesn’t make sense to keep both.

If the Oly has been blueprinted +  reannodized and runs 100%, I would let the Colt conversion go since it requires the use of a non-captive  conversion pin (or large hole uppers) and is missing the selector stops and mag release fence.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be in the minority, but I I would sell the Colt. It's worth more than the OLY but does the same exact thing so as a shooter it's overkill. It takes a adapter pin so it sucks for quick upper swaps. The extra cash from the Colt could go to a "new" toy, in my case something belt fed would be on the short list.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I lean towards the Colt too...

as an aside, my 4.5 inch 22 upper runs better on the Oly.

Anyone have any thoughts on keeping both M16s and selling MP5SD. Doubt if I could do that, but it has crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I would sell the Colt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, appears I'm not in the minority after all.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Id ditch the MP5, it isn't as great as folks make them out to be.  Every time I let anyone shoot the MP5 and the MiniUzi they want more of the damn uzi.  Ours isn't a SD but it does have a can on it and for the price yo can get for it Id think you could replace it with 3 different items.

The M16 RRs work on multiple calibers but Id look at trading up on the Colt as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sell the MP5 and Colt and buy a HK sear and Uzi. You'll have the most versatility that way.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Sell Colt
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#10]
colt
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Sell the MP5.
If it was a sear, then it's a different story but RR... dump it man.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:19:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sell the MP5.
If it was a sear, then it's a different story but RR... dump it man.
View Quote

A clean RRPPSD by Fleming is badass.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#13]
It is very badass!
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
If at all possible don't sell any, the prices keep going up.

But if you must, sell the colt. Large pin, slab side RRs suck (just my opinion) plus it's over priced, you have to baby it because it's a colt and you own a second RR. This way you will have two different MGs and not redundancy.

If it was just between a M16 RR and a MP5 RR i would say sell the MP5 as it has less versatility.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Out of that batch I would part with the Colt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Mp5
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My vote would be to sell  the Colt AR15A2 conversion.   You have two M16s, so it doesn’t make sense to keep both.

If the Oly has been blueprinted +  reannodized and runs 100%, I would let the Colt conversion go since it requires the use of a non-captive  conversion pin (or large hole uppers) and is missing the selector stops and mag release fence.
View Quote

Agreed. Both the M16's are conversions, I'd keep the one that is the least hassle to shoot.

If you decide to sell the SD shoot me a message. I've always loved the SD.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the preferred method of sale?  Obviously selling to a dealer is easiest but wouldn't get the seller his best price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is the preferred method of sale?  Obviously selling to a dealer is easiest but wouldn't get the seller his best price.
View Quote

Should be able to get more in a private sale. Sturm or subguns is s good place to list.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks All!

I am going to go ahead and part with the Colt. That was my original gut feeling, and you all confirmed that. I really can't part with the SD, mostly because it belonged to a long time friend of mine, as did the Oly.  The Colt came from more of an acquaintance, who was the original owner.

I would never sell to a dealer. No point in having a middle man taking a cut, especially when I am not in any kind of crisis, and need money quick. I would rather have top dollar in my pocket. I will get it back to it's original A2 configuration and post it in the Equipment Exchange here. I have never really messed with other sites, and prefer not to pay Gunbroker fees on this level of a purchase.

Aaron
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks All!

I am going to go ahead and part with the Colt. That was my original gut feeling, and you all confirmed that. I really can't part with the SD, mostly because it belonged to a long time friend of mine, as did the Oly.  The Colt came from more of an acquaintance, who was the original owner.

I would never sell to a dealer. No point in having a middle man taking a cut, especially when I am not in any kind of crisis, and need money quick. I would rather have top dollar in my pocket. I will get it back to it's original A2 configuration and post it in the Equipment Exchange here. I have never really messed with other sites, and prefer not to pay Gunbroker fees on this level of a purchase.

Aaron
View Quote

Best of luck to you.

Out of curiosity what will you use the money for? Funding another MG purchase?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Some will go to pay some bills and taxes, but my dad is selling some of his old vehicles, to purchase a new vehicle, and I would like to have them. Nothing super special, but they were his...

1979 Bronco
1975 Dodge D100 short box with a 1968 GTX 440 drivetrain.
1976 Kawasaki KZ900 motorcycle.

and if I can get enough cash, 1992 Corvette convertible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:00:42 AM EDT
[#25]
the Colt is worth more to the general market, the Oly less, but you know the Oly is up to spec and runs great.  But the general market doesn't.  

Or you could sell them all and buy either an H&K sear or an RDIAS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
the Colt is worth more to the general market, the Oly less, but you know the Oly is up to spec and runs great.  But the general market doesn't.  

View Quote

Should be able to sell the colt and mp5sd and have enough for a HK sear and still have a decent amount left over for the vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#27]
My thought exactly

Quoted:

Should be able to sell the colt and mp5sd and have enough for s HK dear and still have a decent amount left over for the the vehicles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be able to sell the colt and mp5sd and have enough for s HK dear and still have a decent amount left over for the the vehicles.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Should be able to sell the colt and mp5sd and have enough for a HK sear and still have a decent amount left over for the vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but then he has to buy the hosts.  Even clones get pretty expensive
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed but an HK seat opens up a whole world of different guns including Belt Feds!
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Piling on for selling the Colt.

I sold my SP1 years ago because the large pins. Such a stupid and silly thing to do by Colt.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I had an HK MP5A3 (S&H conversion) which I sold and bought a Colt M16A1 because I wanted a rifle caliber (machinegun as opposed to a sub-machinegun). While I liked the MP5A3 I wanted something with more power and the 9mm wasn't it. I couldn't afford both and decided to sell the MP5A3. I'm glad I did because I like having the M16A1 which is also more versatile because I can change out the upper receivers to various barrel lengths and configurations (I have a Colt M4 upper as well as a M4 upper that has been converted to gas piston with an Adams Arms kit).

However, if I was in your shoes and had three automatic weapons, MP5SD, Colt M16, and the SGW Oly (I'm assuming this is an Olympic Arms weapon?), I would sell off the Olympic Arms weapon. The Colt M16 is a better rifle and so is the H&K MP5SD.  An associate that I worked with purchased an Olympic Arms AR15 pistol and promptly got rid of it after he experienced FTFs the first he took it to the range. I've not heard anything much better form others that have purchased Olympic Arms AR15's. Yours may be a better rifle. In any event, a Colt M16 and an HK rifle will hold better resale value than any Olympic Arms rifle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'll be in the minority, but I I would sell the Colt. It's worth more than the OLY but does the same exact thing so as a shooter it's overkill. It takes a adapter pin so it sucks for quick upper swaps. The extra cash from the Colt could go to a "new" toy, in my case something belt fed would be on the short list.
View Quote

My Colt M16A1 does not take an adapter pin to swap uppers. I have two spare uppers as well as a Shrike upper that all swap out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My Colt M16A1 does not take an adapter pin to swap uppers. I have two spare uppers as well as a Shrike upper that all swap out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because you have a factory Colt M16A1.  

The OP doesn't have a factory Colt M16A1..... he has a 1980s vintage Colt semi-auto AR15A2 which somebody (Billistics in this case) milled and drilled for an auto-sear to turn into a machinegun.

To the best of my knowledge Colt didn't start using mil-spec front take down pins on their semi auto line until the "blue-label" Sporter series in the early 1990s.  By that point they had also by and large changed over to large fire-control pins as well as pinned in sear blocks.

Pinned in sear block eventually gave way to the unmilled web searblock you still see today but Colt hung onto the large fire control pins until the late 2000s (maybe 2008/2009 ish)  I bought a NIB AR15A3 tactical carbine around 2007 that came with large pin FCG.

The Oly/SGW guns once blueprinted is basically a mechanical clone of a factory Colt M16A1.   The converted Colt AR15A2 is always going to need some sort of adapter for the front pivot pin among other mechanical differences.

Now if the OP had a MP5SD, Oly M16 and a factory Colt M16, I would probably tell him to sell the Oly and keep the factory Colt M16.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had an HK MP5A3 (S&H conversion) which I sold and bought a Colt M16A1 because I wanted a rifle caliber (machinegun as opposed to a sub-machinegun). While I liked the MP5A3 I wanted something with more power and the 9mm wasn't it. I couldn't afford both and decided to sell the MP5A3. I'm glad I did because I like having the M16A1 which is also more versatile because I can change out the upper receivers to various barrel lengths and configurations (I have a Colt M4 upper as well as a M4 upper that has been converted to gas piston with an Adams Arms kit).

However, if I was in your shoes and had three automatic weapons, MP5SD, Colt M16, and the SGW Oly (I'm assuming this is an Olympic Arms weapon?), I would sell off the Olympic Arms weapon. The Colt M16 is a better rifle and so is the H&K MP5SD.  An associate that I worked with purchased an Olympic Arms AR15 pistol and promptly got rid of it after he experienced FTFs the first he took it to the range. I've not heard anything much better form others that have purchased Olympic Arms AR15's. Yours may be a better rifle. In any event, a Colt M16 and an HK rifle will hold better resale value than any Olympic Arms rifle.
View Quote

It's not a factory M16A1, he has a colt AR15 conversion rifle with large front pins, Def a less desirable MG and not worth nearly as much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top