Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
I've got a LAGE Max-11 .22 kit and it will only cycle reliably with CCI stingers, which are too expensive to shoot.  I think the issue is pressure related.  Would adding a fake suppressor increase the pressure of the gun and (hopefully) lead to better cycling?  

I have a .22 suppressor, but it appears I would have to buy a longer barrel and have it threaded to make the gun safe for my .22 suppressor.  The fake suppressor would be a cheaper option right now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a LAGE Max-11 .22 kit and it will only cycle reliably with CCI stingers, which are too expensive to shoot.  I think the issue is pressure related.  Would adding a fake suppressor increase the pressure of the gun and (hopefully) lead to better cycling?  

I have a .22 suppressor, but it appears I would have to buy a longer barrel and have it threaded to make the gun safe for my .22 suppressor.  The fake suppressor would be a cheaper option right now.
View Quote

Sorry, can you expand on this a bit? Thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lage uses a barrel .22 barrel insert and replacement bolt that you put into your 9mm upper.  The .22 sleeve is extremely thin and an adaptor which mates the inner .22 sleeve to the outer 9mm barrel is required to avoid baffle strikes in a .22 suppressor.  However, the stock .22 sleeve is not long enough to facilitate such an adapter so you either have to cut the 9mm barrel down to accommodate the adapter or you can buy a longer .22 sleeve ($183).  The work to have the adapter made/fitted to your gun is ~$160.  I'd like to have that work done eventually, but I have other things to pay for right now.

I'd rather spend $30 on a fake suppressor than $350 on getting the threading work done.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe a Noveske Pig?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, I think it would be easier and cheaper to buy a couple of spare recoil springs from Lage and start clipping coils until your conversion works with the ammo you want to use.  Any "fake" can that increases the back pressure enough to do what you are looking for might not be a "fake" in the eyes of BATF.  All it has to do is reduce the noise by one decibel and it's a "real" silencer as far as they are concerned.

You can also look your kit over for anything that is keeping it from cycling smoothly or call Richard Lage up and ask about it.  He has some of the best customer service in the industry.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Your upper may be out of spec.  Sometimes the barrel needs to be aligned with the upper.  Give Lage a call and see what he thinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top