Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2015 10:25:18 AM EDT
I won a 22-250 in a VFW raffle and had to drive to a gunshop that I'd never heard of. The owner was a super nice guy to deal with. It wasn't busy so we had time to talk. We were looking at the Hk 91, 93, and 94's he had on the rack. Told me he's selling them for a widow. She thought her husband had 7 or 8 pistols, 9 or 10 rifles. When they got the safes open, he had 79 firearms. 4 were registered full auto. Anyways, she asked the dealer to sell them for her. He had a 1928 Thompson($17000), an AUG, an internally suppressed full auto (don't remember what kind) and an MP5k for $25000. All looked in excellent condition. That little machine gun is SWEET! But $25k? Would that be a good price?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
http://machinegunpriceguide.com

I'm not a HK expert but I would say if it's a DIAS in a a semi auto host gun that's a good deal as they run close to $30k But if the actual firearm itself Is what is registered, that it's probably a little high as those run around $20k I believe. Also might depend if it's a factory HK MG or if it was a conversion which I think most are as to be a factory gun would mean it was imported and a premay dealer?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about HKs can give you more insight than Me. I'm a M16 guy
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link and your answer! It gets me a little closer to owning full auto.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't buy, can you PM me the dealers info please. I am interested in all of those. I can save him the cost of selling piecemeal.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
$25k is a fantastic price (like $7k under market) for a mp5k.  You need to find out more particulars, namely what type of conversion was done.  Given that it is a mp5k, it would likely have started out as a SP89 and therefore it would have to be converted with a sear or fire control frame as the SP89 was not imported prior tot he 86 ban (i.e. it was imported in 89). There is possibility that it could have been made from chopping down a HK94, but this would be unlikely.  With that said, you want to do your due diligence as to what type of conversion was done.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
HK sears are not DIAS's for one thing. The price sounds well under market, but you'd need to see the form 4 to see exactly what you'd be buying. Fleming, Qualified and S&H are the most common sears out there, but ceiner made a few oddball sears also. A Fleming sear in a pack is in the 25K+ rage right now with a SP89 running at least 4K.

Bottom line is it sounds like a good deal as long as the form 4 confirms that is what it appears to be.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's a registered receiver instead of a sear or a pack, that price is probably right or a little high IMO.  The sear/pack guns go for thousands more
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's a registered receiver instead of a sear or a pack, that price is probably right or a little high IMO.  The sear/pack guns go for thousands more
View Quote

Agreed.  But it would be pretty rare for a K to be a registered receiver, because the SP89 was imported in '89.  To have a RR K would have required that a HK94 be converted to K.  I've heard of a handful of dual pushpin RR mp5s that were converted to mp5k-pdw.  More than likely the gun referenced by the OP is a sear gun.  He just needs to determine who made the sear.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Agreed.  But it would be pretty rare for a K to be a registered receiver, because the SP89 was imported in '89.  To have a RR K would have required that a HK94 be converted to K.  I've heard of a handful of dual pushpin RR mp5s that were converted to mp5k-pdw.  More than likely the gun referenced by the OP is a sear gun.  He just needs to determine who made the sear.  
View Quote

Yes - I've got an RR push-pin mp5k.  It started life as an HK94 and then Fleming turned it into a RR push-pin mp5, then was later converted to mp5k.  There are a few of these guns out there but not many.

Joe
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the words of wisdom! I'll run back over there after work tomorrow and try to learn more about this gun. It's really got my interest. I'll let you all know what the dealer says.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great point

Quoted:
Thanks for all the words of wisdom! I'll run back over there after work tomorrow and try to learn more about this gun. It's really got my interest. I'll let you all know what the dealer says.

Get some pics and post em haha.  What's the price on the AUG?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#11]
An mp5k for 25k is a great price now.  About $10,000+  under market if it's an all German sear gun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Great point

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great point

Quoted:

If the AUG is a Qualified or Fleming sear gun for a good price somebody should jump on it.   AUG sears are one of the most undervalued machineguns in my estimation.

I have had thoughts of trying to pick up a second AUG sear for my 9MM AUG host gun vs. sharing a sear based hammer pack between my 5.56 and 9MM hosts.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree on the AUG sear. Right now, AUGs can be had for around $16,000, which is super cheap in the NFA MG world. Plus with the AUG A3 configuration, you can nearly get the modularity of the AR platform.  The triggers aren't as bad as some people say. To me, the AUG triggers are like the M16 original triggers in quality. After a few magazines, you get used to the two stage full auto trigger.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Well crap! Just left the shop. He's gone deer hunting until Wednesday! I'll go back then and see what I can find out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Please ask what he wants for the other guns, and what type of guns they are, and what the registered parts are.

Let's keep the guns in the ARF community.

I really want that K and the AUG, if you don't buy either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please ask what he wants for the other guns, and what type of guns they are, and what the registered parts are.

View Quote

Haha I doubt anyone is going to be able to compete with you as far as being able to score one or the other if he passes.  Interested in the AUG myself, depending on the price, registration, etc. but it'll take me time to get that sort of money together.  You can move on them immediately.

Interested to see them anyway
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Haha I doubt anyone is going to be able to compete with you as far as being able to score one or the other if he passes.  Interested in the AUG myself, depending on the price, registration, etc. but it'll take me time to get that sort of money together.  You can move on them immediately.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm interested in all the guns too but that doesnt mean I can afford them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#18]
You'll love the K gun.  One of my favorites of mine to shoot.  I never liked the AUG and hate that damn trigger, but like others have said, to each their own.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#19]
locobob:

Push-pin registered receiver MP5k and MP5k-PDW weapons are very rare.  To a collector an HK MP5k-PDW  with a real HK German PDW barrel in
it would rank up with RRMG push pin HK MP5SD weapons in terms of price.  Saw a post recently were a dealer had chimed in
as to the price of such an SD going for $36.900 recently.  I would say a PDW k with all Hk German parts would be in that ball park.  To pick one up
for $25K would definitely be akin to theft.  Last time I saw a Hk German PDW barrel alone, for sale it was on Gun Broker and it was something like
around $1,700  Once you had that it would be a couple hundred more to have it installed and may another couple hundred to have the weapon
refinished, assuming you could find another barrel as I think that one might not be available anymore. So the barrel alone could up the weapons
value by $2k at least.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]
OP,

TAKE PHOTOS OF THESE GUNS.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top