Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:02:21 PM EDT
Ok. Im shopping my first MG and am shopping a MAC 10/9 or SWD M11/9. In my search and research, I found a local guy who runs a shop and knows guns, but he is selling a SAP (semi automatic pistol) RPB MAC 10/9 converted with a form 1??? I haven't heard of a form 1 SAP converted MAC? Is this a post dealer sample? How does/can this exist?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#1]
ATF ruling 82-8

Google Fu is your friend

Either completed Post June 21st. 1982 per the ruling (almost four years before the cut off May 19th. 1986) or:

At any time by the owner prior to May 19th 1986.

You need to know the date of manufacture listed on the form 1.....(have the owner send you an image of said form).
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Done the simplest way it would be a full auto only conversion.  You need to see the gun to see if they did more to make it a select fire conversion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok. Im shopping my first MG and am shopping a MAC 10/9 or SWD M11/9. In my search and research, I found a local guy who runs a shop and knows guns, but he is selling a SAP (semi automatic pistol) RPB MAC 10/9 converted with a form 1??? I haven't heard of a form 1 SAP converted MAC? Is this a post dealer sample? How does/can this exist?
View Quote

It can exist because prior to 5/19/86, you could file a form 1 and convert a S/A to F/A. Those days are gone.

There were half-dozen or more ways to convert that gun, I would bet the best way was not chosen, avoid it unless it is a screaming deal and get a factory MAC 10/9.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It can exist because prior to 5/19/86, you could file a form 1 and convert a S/A to F/A. Those days are gone.

There were half-dozen or more ways to convert that gun, I would bet the best way was not chosen, avoid it unless it is a screaming deal and get a factory MAC 10/9.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the advice and info I was looking for. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top