Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2015 2:24:30 AM EDT
I have a Texas Mac 10, single feed.

The only mag I currently use is the plastic factory Cobray which is horrible.

What is my most reliable option?

Thank you for your help; this was a NIB machine gun and its sucks not being able to get through a whole mag.

Larry
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
These should be good.  The first two on this page are for single feed bolts.  Everyone says these double feed mags work very well, so I would assume the singles are also good.  Or you could also just swap the bolt for a double feed bolt.

They're back ordered right now.  Don't worry they come back in stock quickly, then go back out of stock pretty quick too.

http://usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=71
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These should be good.  The first two on this page are for single feed bolts.  Everyone says these double feed mags work very well, so I would assume the singles are also good.  Or you could also just swap the bolt for a double feed bolt.

They're back ordered right now.  Don't worry they come back in stock quickly, then go back out of stock pretty quick too.

http://usmachinegun.com/products.php?cat=71
View Quote

And I really want those, but they have been BACK ORDER ONLY for the past year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shockwave.
View Quote

I'm I missing something? I can use M11 mags in my M10 single feed?

That would be good news if so.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shockwave.

Oh alright I only watch the double feed mags( which go in and out of stock regularly) but I knew the single feeds were there also.

But I also think you can use any of the m11 mags like he said^.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
If it's a swd Texas mac, than any m11/9 mags will work. If go with the Shockwave z mags. Lage should stock them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Mind blown guys, I had no idea. I really appreciate the help.
Ordering now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it's a swd Texas mac, than any m11/9 mags will work. If go with the Shockwave z mags. Lage should stock them.
View Quote

Yes and no. The TX MAC uses the same magwell as the M11/9. But the taller receiver channel of the M10 necessitates the magazine be seated higher to align with the chamber. To my knowledge, Shockwave has not yet built mags with a catch cut for a MAC 10. But Marty has been talking about it.

Most Zytel mags came with multiple catches so they will work in both guns.  Here you can see a Zytel with two notches, a pair of Madsen mags with the catch cut for an M11/9, and a PAM-2 that was originally only cut for the M11/9. I cut the bottom of the skirt so it would work in the M 10 as well.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Get Sam at Pratical solutions to convert it to take uzi mags.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes - my uzi mag converted M10 runs like a top and mags are plentiful.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Coming to post the same. I recently bought 50 Uzi mags (shipped) for $399 and am set up with cheap and reliable mags for life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
The Uzi mag conversions changes the look though, which is why I won't go that route.  
Then forget about using the lage 2 peice grip.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Coming to post the same. I recently bought 50 Uzi mags (shipped) for $399 and am set up with cheap and reliable mags for life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This involves permanent work done to the machine gun correct? Some cutting on the bolt and replacing the grip?

I bought the gun new in box, I'm not ready to permanently change things; I would like to enjoy it stock for a few years before I dive into anything.

So what other options do I have for a Texas mac10 9mm single feed?
I keep researching threads on converting surplus mags, but nothing specific to single feed TX macs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This involves permanent work done to the machine gun correct? Some cutting on the bolt and replacing the grip?

I bought the gun new in box, I'm not ready to permanently change things; I would like to enjoy it stock for a few years before I dive into anything.

I keep researching threads on converting surplus mags, but nothing specific to single feed TX macs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My suggestion would be to either pick up a double feed bolt for 200 bucks and slide it into your stock upper.  Or leave the stock upper as is, get a mag or two for that, then get a lage upper which will include a double feed bolt and get the standard double feed mags from usmachinegun.com.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. It's not a "texas mac"

Your gun was made in Atlanta, GA by SWD in the 80s from registered flats they bought from the defunct TX mac company.

If it was a real TX mac, it would have a weird looking safety in the trigger guard like a garand does.

Your gun is the exact same thing as a RPB mac except that it uses the sucktastical zytel single feed mags instead of the excellent double feed walther mags of the original 9mm mac

2. the UZI mod to the gun suits the appearance of the gun, makes it look better (IMHO) and you use the best mags ever, the incredible $15 surplus IMI UZI mags.  You cannot find a better mag for the money.  And all your reliability problems will go bye bye.

3. they are making new steel single feed mags for your gun, supposedly they work well.  shockwave

4. you can use jury rigged PAM2 mags but I don't like that idea.   A mag should fit a gun perfectly and function 100%.  no jury rigged mags thank you

5.  zytels suck, don't bother with them

6. be aware that macs often have out of spec parts that make them run like crap.  tinker around, replace the trip or sear or whatever, and then they run like a top, literally never jam
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guys buy Macs as shooters. IMO although you're gonna be modding your gun you're going to be enhancing and not hurting the resale of your gun (particularly if you've stocked up on a big pile of inexpensive Uzi mags).  Besides, it's gonna look different with the inevitable Lage upper and aftermarket stock any ways:

Also, once the Uzi magwell is welded in place the mag catch works with both 9mm and 45 ACP Uzi mags. That means down the road you can pick up a MAC 45 upper (the 45 bolts generally do not need to be modified)  and 45 mags and have two calibers to play with on the same gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
3. they are making new steel single feed mags for your gun, supposedly they work well.  shockwave
View Quote

They work very well in an M11/9. To date, Shockwave had not made a magazine for the Mac10. And the M11/9 mags have the catch in the wrong location to work in the Big MAC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They work very well in an M11/9. To date, Shockwave had not made a magazine for the Mac10. And the M11/9 mags have the catch in the wrong location to work in the Big MAC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought shockwave came out with a M10/9 mags like two years ago?

oh well, must be thinking of RPB

I had mine uzi converted anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top