Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 6:14:39 AM EDT
Looking for a registered FNC sear. Any leads appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you have TWO parts kits first... spares are like hens teeth.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a WTB on Subguns and Sturm.

I just traded an FNC sear (plus a FNC host gun and cash) for a MM23EK a couple weeks back.

If I was selling I would probably have but a WTS ad for $7500 and taken the first solid all cash offer above $6500.    While there probably are not a whole lot of them left out there at this point, I doubt I was the last person with an uninstalled sear sitting in my safe.

That said it is going to probably take a motivated offer to get somebody who has one squirrelled away to let go of it as they don't take up much room to store and they require no upkeep.

I suspect that a WTB offer of $7500 or more would probably shake one loose.  

The math I ran was I could probably sell the converted gun for $10,500 without too much trouble.  Back out the host value of say $2500 to $3000 and the conversion cost ($500) and you end up somewhere around $7000ish for the sear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just traded an FNC sear (plus a FNC host gun and cash) for a MM23EK a couple weeks back.

If I was selling I would probably have but a WTS ad for $7500 and taken the first solid all cash offer above $6500.    While there probably are not a whole lot of them left out there at this point, I doubt I was the last person with an uninstalled sear sitting in my safe.

That said it is going to probably take a motivated offer to get somebody who has one squirrelled away to let go of it as they don't take up much room to store and they require no upkeep.

The math I ran was I could probably sell the converted gun for $10,500 without too much trouble.  Back out the host value of say $2500 to $3000 and the conversion cost ($500) and you end up somewhere around $7000ish for the sear.
View Quote

Was basically going to say the same thing regarding people selling theirs if they have them.  But then again, they are fairly useless sitting in a safe without a host.  I'd probably swap one for a MAC 11/9 with a Lage upper if I had one, but I don't

What I'm more curious about is your MM23ek.  I don't want to hijack the thread, but any impressions, advice, etc. you have regarding that host would be greatly appreciated.  I'm still deciding on hosts for my sear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Was basically going to say the same thing regarding people selling theirs if they have them.  But htem gun again, they are fairly useless sitting in a safe without a host.  I'd probably swap one for a MAC 11/9 with a Lage upper if I had one, but I don't

What I'm more curious about is your MM23ek.  I don't want to hijack the thread, but any impressions, advice, etc. you have regarding that host would be greatly appreciated.  I'm still deciding on hosts for my sear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was basically going to say the same thing regarding people selling theirs if they have them.  But htem gun again, they are fairly useless sitting in a safe without a host.  I'd probably swap one for a MAC 11/9 with a Lage upper if I had one, but I don't

I don't have any impressions or advice as of yet on the MM23ek.   I have never shot one and I don't have mine yet, so it is pretty much just a complete leap of faith that I will like it.

Mike told the build schedule is ~2 Months out.  I figure the FNC Sear F4 will come in around the time that the gun is finished up as the last F4 to Dealer I had took about 60 days on an M16 a couple months back.

I was torn between the MM23ek and MM23e but after talking to Mike the MM23ek seemed like a better fit for me as a more "in-between" belt-fed host between my ultralight Shrike and much heavier M60.  Ultimately when I told him I would shoot it from the shoulder greater than 50% of the time, the K seemed to be the better fit.

I originally bought that Sear 6 or 7 years ago for a Pindad SS1-V5 clone project.  I collected all the parts, FNC Host, Spare Carrier to cut down, spare gas tube to chop, an ORF lower that I could finish milling out to have BHO capability and a beveled magwell, etc. Ultimately, I just eventually lost interest in the project a couple years back and the sear just sat.

Figured I might as well put it toward something I would enjoy shooting vs. a scrap of metal sitting in an envelope in the back of my safe.    

I never put it up for sale as I really dread selling guns to end users.  Maybe it has just been my limited experience over the years but it seems like its always a nightmare selling to the end consumer.  A ton of tire kickers and pic collectors, folks who offer ridiculous lowball offers and then get offended when you wont take it, ask me to ship to a banned state, purchasers from NY who want their brothers/friends/cousin to pick it up locally and ship to them in banned state, folks who then demand additional accessories or parts after they receive the item, etc.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Snip
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snip

Yeah I can understand the hesitation to do sales like that.  I've had tire kickers on some of my guns in the past, ones that weren't even that expensive.  I imagine that if I listed my m16 or my sear that it might be a nightmare.

Well I definitely look forward to your evaluation of the mm23ek.  I too am a in the middle between the 23e and the k.  While I understand both can use the conversion kits for .308, I'm not sure how much of an advantage the heavy barrel is on the 23e that you lose as an option on the k.  The barrel length on the k also gives me a little pause.  The m249 has a 16 inch barrel, so you know you're getting strong velocity out of the 556 cartridge in a fairly compact package.  The 23ek is like 11 inches if I recall, which seems a little short.  But the 23e is really large and heavy.  I'm still very much on the fence.

If you wouldn't mind, please PM me what you paid for it.  I'm trying to get my budget sorted and would like to have a firm idea of what I'm looking at for one.  I see prices posted everywhere, but nothing "from the horse's mouth" so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mike took almost a year to deliver me my MM23e/21e package a year and a half ago.  Maybe he's gotten faster since then.

You will need to shorten your ejector to clear the feed mechanism in 7.62x51 if it's from a stock G3/HK91 rifle pack, though it fits just fine for the 5.56 belt feed when in MM23 mode.

Mine's not the K, but it runs like a raped ape for me in either 21 or 23 mode.  ROF is higher than an M60 in 21 mode, and much higher, probably 1000rpm or more in 23 mode.  Seems to have plenty of power to pull the belt, and I've never had a belt snag or misfeed, though mine are made up from used links.  

You have to remember to pack your belts the other way around if feeding from cans or nut sacks, since the HK beltfeds feed the links upside down, as compared to a SAW or M60.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted a WTB add on Sturm and Subguns and got a Sear after waiting about 9 months.

That was 2 years ago....so far I have not seen another on the open market since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top