Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2015 8:55:35 PM EDT
Ive seen them used before but never for sale. Are there are transferable models? or are they all post samples?

If they are transferable what do they run price wise?

If anyone here owns one feel free to share your thoughts on them.

Just got a little cash burning a hole in my pocket and looking for that next toy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the same type of question from 2009:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_22/294521_Full_Auto_Glock_Sears.html

The simple things to ponder are: Hughes Amendment May 19, 1986 and Glock Invention sometime likely later than that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is the same type of question from 2009:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_22/294521_Full_Auto_Glock_Sears.html

The simple things to ponder are: Hughes Amendment May 19, 1986 and Glock Invention sometime likely later than that.
View Quote

Bummer. I figured they would all be pre-may samples but appears they are all post samples.

Oh well guess ill find something else to dream about.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps an Uzi (micro or full size) or a Mac is within your budget.
Good entry level automatics. Often they are sold by a collector looking to upgrade to more expensive automatics.
Value of automatics only tend to appreciate, so buy if you can.
Subguns.com and sturmgewehr.com are good places to look for understanding market value trends.

I Should've bought a Colt M16 around 2006 when I first started paying attention to the "for sale" prices. 7 to 8 grand back then.
I was surprised to see those prices on average climb beyond $12,000 by 2008 or 2009. Never thought they'd go higher.
Look at those values now! A limited supply market with ever-increasing demand.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, the Glock 18 started manufacture in early 1986, and the cutoff date was 5/19/86, so that's a very narrow window for any transferable Glock 18's to be imported into the US and then make it on the market. I've heard rumors of the number of transferable 18's being between 0 and 6 and I don't think any of the Glock conversions sears were on the market until after the ban.

I have shot several full auto Glocks. Without a stock, the muzzle rise is something that you need to get used to. The first time I shot one at an indoor range, I put 5 rounds in the magazine, put the sights on center mass and pressed the trigger. The last round ended up in the ceiling. After that I learned how much compensation was necessary. After 250 rounds I was able to pull off double taps. While I always like machine pistols, the practical uses of them are few and far between. If you ever do get lucky enough to be issued a G18, Glock has a training course on how to use it. I was looking over the syllabus, and IIRC, one of the test out criteria is to be able to dump a 33 round magazine onto a target at 7 yards and keep them all in the kill zone.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately the only ones I'm aware of are posties.  They are a blast to hose rounds down range with.  Pretty impractical, but fun nonetheless.  Here are a couple I sold a year or so ago:

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Perhaps an Uzi (micro or full size) or a Mac is within your budget.
Good entry level automatics. Often they are sold by a collector looking to upgrade to more expensive automatics.
Value of automatics only tend to appreciate, so buy if you can.
Subguns.com and sturmgewehr.com are good places to look for understanding market value trends.

I Should've bought a Colt M16 around 2006 when I first started paying attention to the "for sale" prices. 7 to 8 grand back then.
I was surprised to see those prices on average climb beyond $12,000 by 2008 or 2009. Never thought they'd go higher.
Look at those values now! A limited supply market with ever-increasing demand.
View Quote

Yes they have gone up incredibly fast. I actually bought a Non-Colt M16 RR over a year ago of Sturmgewehr, Picture near the bottom if youre interested.
I had started looking and saving for a RLL a few years prior but by time i saved the cash they went from like $7-8k to $13k+ and for that kind of money i decided to get a RR instead.

I dont have the cash for any major purchases but could probably swing a Mac if the price was right. Just seems like everybody and their brother has one these days.

A full auto glock seemed like it would be a lot of fun and something i had not seen in person before. But i guess thats because their either unicorn rare or you have to have FFL license which i dont have time or energy to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unfortunately the only ones I'm aware of are posties.  They are a blast to hose rounds down range with.  Pretty impractical, but fun nonetheless.  Here are a couple I sold a year or so ago:

<a href="http://s901.photobucket.com/user/rbdub474/media/2013-10-02095751_zps1040dc79.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/rbdub474/2013-10-02095751_zps1040dc79.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have shot them multiple times very fun and a good bragging right.  Other than that they are absolutely useless.    

I am unaware of any transferable g18s.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
These have burst, right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

These have burst, right?
View Quote
No.  The G18 is either semi or full auto.  No burst.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#10]
They're fun toys and bucket list items for a lot of gun nuts, but that's about it.  They're all posties as far as I know....
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, the Glock 18 started manufacture in early 1986, and the cutoff date was 5/19/86, so that's a very narrow window for any transferable Glock 18's to be imported into the US and then make it on the market. I've heard rumors of the number of transferable 18's being between 0 and 6 and I don't think any of the Glock conversions sears were on the market until after the ban.

I have shot several full auto Glocks. Without a stock, the muzzle rise is something that you need to get used to. The first time I shot one at an indoor range, I put 5 rounds in the magazine, put the sights on center mass and pressed the trigger. The last round ended up in the ceiling. After that I learned how much compensation was necessary. After 250 rounds I was able to pull off double taps. While I always like machine pistols, the practical uses of them are few and far between. If you ever do get lucky enough to be issued a G18, Glock has a training course on how to use it. I was looking over the syllabus, and IIRC, one of the test out criteria is to be able to dump a 33 round magazine onto a target at 7 yards and keep them all in the kill zone.
View Quote

I've always heard there were only 2 transferable 18s in the country.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 1986 machinegun ban was for domestically made guns (i.e. made in the USA). Imported machineguns were banned in 1968. No way any transferable G18's could have been imported. They would had to have been made in the USA and registered before the May 86 cutoff to be transferable.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The 1986 machinegun ban was for domestically made guns (i.e. made in the USA). Imported machineguns were banned in 1968. No way any transferable G18's could have been imported. They would had to have been made in the USA and registered before the May 86 cutoff to be transferable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but for the longest time, Glock would manufacture the parts in Austria, then ship them to the US for final assembly. I didn't know if that would have been a way to get them into the country. I had always assumed it was a "zero transferable" deal. The only reason I say that there may be up to six is that I remember seeing a youtube video of a dealer demonstrating the Glock 18 and saying that there are only six transferable 18's and they're all in his posession, so take it for what it's worth.

Interesting side note on the history of the G18; Gaston Glock never really intended the Glock 18 to be made as a commercial model. When he designed the G17, he needed to test the long term reliability of the weapon, especially since he was competing for, or had already won the Austrian military pistol contract. He essentially bought a warehouse full of ammunition to test it. Then he figured out it that it was more cost effective to modify the Glock 17 to fully automatic and have someone test it for malfunctions than it was to do it with a semi-auto. Apparently some guys from EKO Cobra (Austria's counter-terrorist unit) were visiting the warehouse when they heard the automatic fire. They liked the concept and placed an order for them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But even If they were imported before 86 they would be pre-may which are desirable as you could get a FFL license for a year, buy the glock, let the license expire and you get to keep it after.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#16]
If an FFL gives up his SOT, it is possible to keep SBR's and Supressors, but not machineguns.

Machineguns must be transferred to another SOT.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If an FFL gives up his SOT, it is possible to keep SBR's and Supressors, but not machineguns.

Machineguns must be transferred to another SOT.
View Quote

You can keep pre-may machine guns which are machine guns imported after 1968 but registers before May 1986.

Anything after May 1986 is a post sample and must be sold after you give up your license.

This is why pre-may firearms are cheaper than regular transferable a but still much more expensive than post samples.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#18]
You're right, my bad.  I was thinking post-samples.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But even If they were imported before 86 they would be pre-may which are desirable as you could get a FFL license for a year, buy the glock, let the license expire and you get to keep it after.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ATF would probably take a dim view if you got an FFL/SOT for one year and only used it to buy a pre-sample.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ATF would probably take a dim view if you got an FFL/SOT for one year and only used it to buy a pre-sample.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah you would want to do some legit business as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
what about the beretta full auto pistols?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

i didnt realize any exited.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can say unequivocally that there are no transferable factory G18s in existence. It's possible there are some converted full-auto G17s around, all it would have taken is a tinkerer and a Form 1, and some crazy things were Form 1ed before 5/86. But as someone who has seen almost everything that exists come up for sale at one time or another, I've never seen or heard of one on the market, ever.

Beretta conversions, however, do exist. There are a few 93Rs around built by Stan Andrewski using Beretta 93R parts kits on Taurus frames. There are also a few factory 93Rs out there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I can say unequivocally that there are no transferable factory G18s in existence. It's possible there are some converted full-auto G17s around, all it would have taken is a tinkerer and a Form 1, and some crazy things were Form 1ed before 5/86. But as someone who has seen almost everything that exists come up for sale at one time or another, I've never seen or heard of one on the market, ever.

Beretta conversions, however, do exist. There are a few 93Rs around built by Stan Andrewski using Beretta 93R parts kits on Taurus frames. There are also a few factory 93Rs out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And one TI framed 93r. I think it's green?

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct there was one titanium 93R clone made.   Tim Bixler and Dave Boatman made 6 Aluminum  and one Titanium frame 93R clones from pre-sample 93Rs and machined frames.  I believe the model was M-20.

The titanium one is green and at least was owned by AR15.com member joshuap.  Not sure if he still has it or not.

I have never heard of Stan Andrewski or anybody else building transferable 93R clones.  It wouldn't surprise me if there were a handful of Beretta 92 conversions but those wouldn't mechanically be 93Rs since the frames are different.

In watching machinegun prices for 15+ years I have never seen a transferable G17 conversion for sale.  Technically I think the first G17s came in circa 1985, so I guess a conversion gun is possible.  I don't think the factory G18 existed until the 87 or 88, so there would be no factory presamples available.

I have seen at least two of the Bixler/Boatman 93Rs go up for sale though.  Last one was a long time ago though.  There are definitely a number of factory presample 93Rs out there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#27]

And there it is. Think of just how cool having the only one in the Reg.

We all know the 106 stainless steel M-16 registered receivers draw a huge premium.  But what would a titanium M-16 lower run for if it was the only one ever
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#28]
The fun factor is very high on these , but most people tend to shoot the roof.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#29]
my buddy has one and i love to shoot it but hes also an sot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#30]
meh

once you buy a FA gun, sooner or later you get bored with just doing ammo dumps

if you want to shoot a full auto handgun you can buy a micro UZI or MAC10 and shoot it with the stock retracted

it's more of  novelty than anything else
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We all know the 106 stainless steel M-16 registered receivers draw a huge premium.  But what would a titanium M-16 lower run for if it was the only one ever
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Titanium AR15 + Aluminum DIAS..Light Weight Bullet Hose!

But yeah DIAS are not an option for all firearms.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Normally I'm the only cop who doesn't carry a Glock, so it was fun (and good bragging rights) to fire 2 at once...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhp2f3d0m05loh0/Dual%20Glock%2018C's.mp4?dl=1

[with 124gr Speer +P because that's all we had ]
I'm surprised no one does post-sample conversions with the factory-style selector (that I could find). I know it would require milling the slide, but I find that selector superior to the push-button conversion I shot at Knob Creek.
The Stechkin was awesome as well. I want one SO BAD!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ff9ob9wtqbnpoe/h264%20stechkin%20stock%20Geoff.mp4?dl=1
Streaming links for phones:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhp2f3d0m05loh0/Dual%20Glock%2018C's.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ff9ob9wtqbnpoe/h264%20stechkin%20stock%20Geoff.mp4?dl=0

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well the cutoff for imported machine guns was December 1968, so it is not even remotely possible.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Well the cutoff for imported machine guns was December 1968, so it is not even remotely possible.
View Quote

Isn't that what a "pre-sample" is, a post-68 AND pre-86 MG? Seems like it could have been possible.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Isn't that what a "pre-sample" is, a post-68 AND pre-86 MG? Seems like it could have been possible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NFA items imported before GCA68 are transferrable.

NFA items imported after GCA68 but before FOPA86 are pre-samples.

So yes, it is possible that there are a few pre-sample G18s somewhere in the country.

It's also remotely possible that some SOT converted an early Glock semi before FOPA86, which would be a transferrable full auto Glock conversion or conversion device.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm surprised no one does post-sample conversions with the factory-style selector (that I could find). I know it would require milling the slide, but I find that selector superior to the push-button conversion I shot at Knob Creek.
View Quote

Milling the slide and making or modifying special parts versus a backplate which leaves the host firearm untouched and salable as a semi-auto.  No point in permanently converting a host firearm and making sunk cost when you don't have to.  Same reason most post-sample HK conversions are trigger packs or sears, versus trying to convert a semi receiver to pushpin, or welding up a new full auto receiver from a flat.

The only reason SOTs don't mind converting the receivers on AR types is that the lower receivers are so cheap, comparatively, and dead simple to strip down and replace later if they want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, I understand all that, but Glocks are relatively cheap as well. Especially if you're only registering the slide as the conversion device. To me, the added cost of a slide would be worth it to have the superior selector. Especially if I'm going to carry it (however unlikely ). I'd hate to draw one defensively and not know which mode it was bumped into.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah, I understand all that, but Glocks are relatively cheap as well. Especially if you're only registering the slide as the conversion device. To me, the added cost of a slide would be worth it to have the superior selector. Especially if I'm going to carry it (however unlikely ). I'd hate to draw one defensively and not know which mode it was bumped into.  
View Quote

Unless you're carrying that thing with a drum mag it would be pretty useless.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#39]
If Hughes went away how much more than a G17 would Glock want for one? Double?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Last time I looked, the cost of a G18 vs a G17 was less than $100.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:I've always heard there were only 2 transferable 18s in the country.
View Quote

I know after the Incog holster came out, Travis Haley had a picture on Facebook of an 18 in one. But that's as close as I've seen to someone actually owning one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#43]
The first G17s came into the U.S. in 1985. This question came up on Subguns.com a few years ago and one well respected poster stated that he knew of a handful of G17s converted to fullauto-only prior to the ban. This same gent stated he knew of a handful of SIG 550s converted to fullauto. I've never seen either change hands on the various boards I've followed since about '96.

With that said, a friend has a post-86 G18. It's fun to shoot, but I have no real desire to own one. Okay, actually if 922(o) didn't exist, the '68 GCA didn't exist and a G18 cost at/under a grand, I would own one as a novelty. They are great if one needs to fight their way out of a phone booth.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but even if 922(o) were repealed the GCA68 would still prevent the import of the Glock 18 for civilian buyers. You would need to purchase a US made sear.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but even if 922(o) were repealed the GCA68 would still prevent the import of the Glock 18 for civilian buyers. You would need to purchase a US made sear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The GCA of 1968 is still in effect, although some of its restrictions were amended or removed by the FOPA of 1986. But the restrictions on the importation of title ii firearms is still in place so even if Huges was removed a glock auto sear would need to be made domestically.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Minor derailment, but since the 93r's were brought up, aren't there some transferrable S&W 59 series sears floating around?
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Minor derailment, but since the 93r's were brought up, aren't there some transferrable S&W 59 series sears floating around?
View Quote

Yes there are.  No idea on how many but they pop up from time to time.

Last one I saw was maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

There was a transferable Ruger Mark1 frame registered as a machinegun for sale pretty recently as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I thought I had heard mention of them. IIRC they are stupid as in new house expensive when they pop up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 1:27:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I thought I had heard mention of them. IIRC they are stupid as in new house expensive when they pop up.
View Quote

I don't recall them being astronomical in cost.  (well for the machinegun world anyway)

I think the last one I saw was in the upper teens to low 20s.

Figure probably mid to upper 20s now a days.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't recall them being astronomical in cost.  (well for the machinegun world anyway)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I had seen where there right around the 6 figure mark. I could very well be wrong though. I DO remember seeing something around this price point and had a moment when I saw it. Maybe a 93R? I am pretty sure it was a machine pistol. Maybe it was something put of the Stern collection when it got auctioned off a couple of years ago? I dunno. It could very well be that I am completely out of my mind and remembering something that never happened. The head and memory have been a bit spotty since I took the express lane down the basement steps last year.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top