Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2015 11:41:25 PM EDT
What type of 8mm should I start buying in bulk?
What's a good price per round?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You're a few years late on cheap 8mm surplus.  Get whatever you can afford and stack it deep at the 42 eats it up fast.  The best surplus was the Romanian and you can still find some here and there.  Next would be the Yugo.  Then there is the Turkish stuff and most people don't like this in the 42 due to case failure.  But I've put countless crates of the Turkish thru the 42 w/o problems; dates varied from 1930 thru 1955.  Was great cause it was $50 per crate of 1400 in quantity.

And you need to stock up on 8mm barrels as you need to switch them often.  The 8mm barrels have dried up but 308 is still plenty.  So maybe better to run 308 initially as you stock pile 8mm stuff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hail Mary:
You're a few years late on cheap 8mm surplus.  Get whatever you can afford and stack it deep at the 42 eats it up fast.  The best surplus was the Romanian and you can still find some here and there.  Next would be the Yugo.  Then there is the Turkish stuff and most people don't like this in the 42 due to case failure.  But I've put countless crates of the Turkish thru the 42 w/o problems; dates varied from 1930 thru 1955.  Was great cause it was $50 per crate of 1400 in quantity.

And you need to stock up on 8mm barrels as you need to switch them often.  The 8mm barrels have dried up but 308 is still plenty.  So maybe better to run 308 initially as you stock pile 8mm stuff.
View Quote

I've been wondering this myself, is the Romanian surplus that everyone raves about the 150g stuff?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the green steel case stuff in sealed cans.  Runs great in all MGs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top