User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll keep you guys updated!  Yep, CT is a no select fire state(hopefully I'll be moving to FL within a year or 2).  I bought the sten from Ruben at dealernfa.com, an I found out from him the one I chose was already converted to FA and safe only, so that was a pleasant surprise!  As soon as I move I'll convert it back to select fire though.  I'm excited as hell though!  I'm 110% happy with my decision, I don't think I would even do a MAC down the road.  

I wish there were some more decent videos on YouTube of the sten to keep me occupied until I get it.  Really only collegeboy, and hickock have good videos....so I'll just keep watching theirs
View Quote

I'll make another much better one for you in a couple weeks.

mike
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Still waiting on that Video Mike!

This is a pic of my Sten.  Still waiting on the form 3....and I must say, this is the hardest NFA wait Ive ever done
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with either a Powder SPrings MAC10 45 ACP or a MAC/RPB Mac 10 9mm.  The M11/9's are fine, but the MAC and RPB overstamps are made of heavier metal that will last.  LAGE makes uppers and upgraded stocks for the M11/9 AND the MAC10 models.

If you are seriously looking for a new in the Box MAC10 in 9mm or 45, LMK and for a small finders fee I can steer you to a legitmate dealer with some at killer prices.

Good luck either way.

You cant go wrong with a INGRAM or a STEN built on a DLO tube.  I would go with a Mark V sten or the STENLING rather than a Mk2.

Good Hunting either way!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd go with either a Powder SPrings MAC10 45 ACP or a MAC/RPB Mac 10 9mm.  The M11/9's are fine, but the MAC and RPB overstamps are made of heavier metal that will last.  LAGE makes uppers and upgraded stocks for the M11/9 AND the MAC10 models.

If you are seriously looking for a new in the Box MAC10 in 9mm or 45, LMK and for a small finders fee I can steer you to a legitmate dealer with some at killer prices.

Good luck either way.

You cant go wrong with a INGRAM or a STEN built on a DLO tube.  I would go with a Mark V sten or the STENLING rather than a Mk2.

Good Hunting either way!  
View Quote

Thanks a lot man for the info and offer man!  But look at the post I made above yours^^
I prefer the MK II Sten over the MKV or even a Sterling(for some reason I really dont like the sterlings).  I like the look and history of the MKII over everything else.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh a big DUHH on my part - sorry.

I just noticed you are in CT so you can only have Full Auto only.

Good luck on your sten!  The waiting is the hardest part - probably want to look into a suppressor and threaded barrel so you can shoot it without getting the villagers nervous!

Glad you got your feet wet!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh a big DUHH on my part - sorry.

I just noticed you are in CT so you can only have Full Auto only.

Good luck on your sten!  The waiting is the hardest part - probably want to look into a suppressor and threaded barrel so you can shoot it without getting the villagers nervous!

Glad you got your feet wet!
View Quote

Thanks man!  Yep FA only here in CT.  Its funny the Sten I bought from Ruben, has already been converted to FA only anyways(I didn't even know that when I bought it) he told me it was already converted so that was a nice surprise!  But my family and I are actually in the beginning stages of moving down to FL, so in time it will be converted back to Select Fire.  

And yep the plan will be to get a can for this as well.  But for a while I want to shoot it unsuppressed.  I figure if I get the can now also, Ill never shoot it without it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:16:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is a pic of my Sten.  Still waiting on the form 3....and I must say, this is the hardest NFA wait Ive ever done
http://i62.tinypic.com/2r4qszb.jpg
View Quote

nice!
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2r4qszb.jpg
View Quote

Well worth the wait, I promise 10+ rounds a second will bring a smile to your face.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw it for the first time the other day,  Now the form 4 wait begins.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well as in most cases, I took the advice of the ar15.com and got both.
I ended up with an RPB Mac10/9 also.  This is both of them waiting at the dealer.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top