Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2014 10:31:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think I'd trade it for any of those.  I'd probably just sell it outright and then buy something like a pre-sample FAL since you're an SOT.  Or add money to it and get an M16.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the most important consideration is to buy the item you really want most. If one of those is on your list, go for it. If you are a big fan of the Swedish K, a transferable would make a lot of sense given that you have parts and mags, plus you can make the post sample Swede K into a parts kit  if/when you give up your SOT. The Sterling is a sweet shooter and would also make sense given that you already own parts and mags.

You don't appear to have a 5.56mm MG other than the AC. Have you considered a transferable M16 or HK sear? This would cost you some extra money over your AC, but the M16 and HK sear are the most versatile transferables around. They also seem to appreciate at a faster rate than other items.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't appear to have a 5.56mm MG other than the AC. Have you considered a transferable M16 or HK sear? This would cost you some extra money over your AC, but the M16 and HK sear are the most versatile transferables around. They also seem to appreciate at a faster rate than other items.
View Quote

I agree here
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the most important consideration is to buy the item you really want most. If one of those is on your list, go for it. If you are a big fan of the Swedish K, a transferable would make a lot of sense given that you have parts and mags, plus you can make the post sample Swede K into a parts kit  if/when you give up your SOT. The Sterling is a sweet shooter and would also make sense given that you already own parts and mags.

View Quote

Yeah the m16/hk route allows you to have multiple MGs in multiple caliber for the price of one transferable.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
While an HK sear would be a lot more money, there is so much more than shooting a MP5.  I have one or more clones of MP5K, MP5K PDW, MP5K built with a full size receiver, MP5 SD, MP5K-40 PDW, MP5-40, MP5-40 SD, MP5K-10 PDW, MP5K-45X built with a full size receiver, full size MP5-45, the list goes on...  There is also for 5.56X45 the 53K AR with a 5.1" barrel, that uses AR mags.  Plus 53 AR, 33K AR, and 33, just for fun.  I have far more in hosts than current market value for a sear.  Why, because one HK conversion device can do all that and more.

If you like the AR but not in rifle caliber, my DIAS with a custom modified MGI magwell that uses modified Thompson mags (think converted Uzi mags) with a Ron Williams .45 direct impingement shoots as smooth as a 9mm roller locked gun with the knock down of .45 ACP.  On the other end of the spectrum is my 20" water cooled upper with KNS spade grip lower with a Valkyrie Armaments belt feed conversion.  Check YouTube under "500 rd burst".  My wife uses the water cooled set up to burn 500 rds in about a minute.  200 rd SAW boxes and this set up on a MG42 tripod is light and easy to set up for a water cooled belt fed and you can stand or sit.

Other than that, I'd see about trading the AC556 for a M11/9 and a M10.  There are big things brewing for the MAC family of RRs.  The S.A.B.R.E. 5.56 upper fell on its face.  It was way too heavy and AA/MAG Tactical couldn't bother to answer the phone.  Mark my words, within the next five years, the M10 and/or M11/9 will be doing rifle calibers conversions and jump in value.  YMMV.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you just get a lage upper for the m11?
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:54:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Deleted by moderator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top