Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 3:41:47 AM EDT
I am wondering what a MkII STEN is legitimately worth today. I see asking prices of $6k but that is retail.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
C&R Sten or tube gun? I paid $5300- for an unfired DLO Sten MKII about a year ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
$3500 for a beater to $9K++ for a C&R bringback with papers, and the British Leather wrapped can.

That is a big window, what are you looking at OP?

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $6500 for my C&R WW2 bring back earlier this year.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Its a FAKS that was worked over by John Andrewski and all the issues with it were fixed. It used to fail to eject every few mags now it only malfunctions every thousand or so. It was also ceracoated. This is it with out extras. I was just curious since I paid considerably less than what I have seen them going for lately but was curious how much the value had grown.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f113/m1garand_man/100_1154_zps470ac2b0.jpg

Its a FAKS that was worked over by John Andrewski and all the issues with it were fixed. It used to fail to eject every few mags now it only malfunctions every thousand or so. It was also ceracoated. This is it with out extras. I was just curious since I paid considerably less than what I have seen them going for lately but was curious how much the value had grown.
View Quote

I would say $3900/4k. but a local buddy price could be less. looks sharp

What did you pay?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What did you pay?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did you pay?

Somewhere in that ball park. So $15k for an M16 or $11k for an UZI are inflated prices too then?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Somewhere in that ball park. So $15k for an M16 or $11k for an UZI are inflated prices too then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did you pay?

Well, there was an auction last month that a few members here made some good scores on. I think 3 m16s sold for $11.5 to $13K, they were converisons. A Colt sp1 should land in the $14/15 range an A1 in the $20, and an A2 in the $25 range.

As for the Uzi if you are talking about a vector Hr4332 w/o any accessories $10/11 seems to be right around todays prices.  Some have sold higher but I think that the market is slowing. There have been a few deals out there.

I do not know if Christmas nearing has slowed buyers, or the Jump that P41 gave the market has slowed down the computation for available Mgs. but something is happening

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
well this at least gives me an idea. Maybe I can pick up a MAC10 in 45 up here in AK for $4k still.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well this at least gives me an idea. Maybe I can pick up a MAC10 in 45 up here in AK for $4k still.
View Quote

I'm in the market right now for 5k here in tx and I'm having a hard time
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#11]
If you want to trade for an SWD/Cobray M11/9mm with Craig Wheatley Sten conversion, let me know. Mines is on form 4 in Oregon and I desperately would be a happy camper with a STEN.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#12]
What about the value of Magazines for the Sten?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$3500 for a beater to $9K++ for a C&R bringback with papers, and the British Leather wrapped can.

That is a big window, what are you looking at OP?

View Quote

In 30 years of buying NFA firearms (to include a few Stens), I have never seen a bringback/original MkII S...........I would imagine one might actually sell for a tad more than that!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What about the value of Magazines for the Sten?
View Quote

15-20 each.......less for the Indian converted 20 rounders....maybe 10.00 a pop....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you want to trade for an SWD/Cobray M11/9mm with Craig Wheatley Sten conversion, let me know. Mines is on form 4 in Oregon and I desperately would be a happy camper with a STEN.

View Quote

The only mac I really want would have to be the 45 with grease gun mag conversion. I would want it in addition to the STEN rather than instead of. Sorry. I know where you are coming from though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#16]
It is hard to beat a STEN for fun and reliability! I bought mine for 4G earlier this year. The price definitely does seem to be trending up on these again as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The only mac I really want would have to be the 45 with grease gun mag conversion. I would want it in addition to the STEN rather than instead of. Sorry. I know where you are coming from though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know to run 45 you have to you a Mac 10, and they do take GG mags or very very slightly modded GG mags. It really is not a conversion.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Average retail prices as of June 2014 Here
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep forgetting about that site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top