Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 7:52:18 AM EDT
Isn't market price on these closer to $30k+?????

Hell, an M16 is $20k or more...

I'm at the moment working on talking dad into buying, LOL! Or, barring that, "fire sale" on pretty much EVERYTHING in my safe.

I believe it's an A4 model, waiting to hear back.

ETA... It appears to be a GOOD price, but not nearly as good as I'd thought. Subguns and a couple other places have them ranging from $14k to $36k (with a ww2 jeep)

So I guess it would depend on whether it's collectible or not.

Either way, we'd be buying it to SHOOT.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its a good deal. 1919s usually run well under $20k but over $14k.
View Quote

Okay. Just researched a few places. Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You'll be saving at least $1500.. which means at least 1500 more rounds of ammo you can buy.

These days, the up-front cost of a beltfed machinegun isn't as big a deal as the cost of feeding it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You'll be saving at least $1500.. which means at least 1500 more rounds of ammo you can buy.

These days, the up-front cost of a beltfed machinegun isn't as big a deal as the cost of feeding it.
View Quote

If that's for just the MG it'll wind up being more.
You'll need lots of other toys to go with it.
if nothing else you'll need a tripod, gauges and tools, and a linker.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine is selling a semi one with a bunch of extra parts, including at least one extra barrel, and like 800 rounds of ammo for $2500. Fuck 25k.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A friend of mine is selling a semi one with a bunch of extra parts, including at least one extra barrel, and like 800 rounds of ammo for $2500. Fuck 25k.
View Quote

That's what clued me in on THIS one. Asked the guy about the 1919a4 he had up for $2500, but didn't specify auto or semi. Looked like it came with all the extras; tripod, etc.

So I'd imagine this guy is throwing in the parts as well for 12,500 on his MG.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
$12,500 is a decent deal no matter how you look at it. They have been going for $14-$18k with some different options. So even if it's just the gun with oj extras, you have a decent savings on what others have been asking for them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
buy it, then post pics/videos!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought mine in the fall as a part of a packaged deal.  Mine came with the tripod and I bought it from a guy (actually, his widow) that had owned it for about 40 years.  He owned a gun store the entire time and it was part of his private collection.  I placed about a $15k value on it as part of the package.  Mine is a DLO 1919A4.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought mine in the fall as a part of a packaged deal.  Mine came with the tripod and I bought it from a guy (actually, his widow) that had owned it for about 40 years.  He owned a gun store the entire time and it was part of his private collection.  I placed about a $15k value on it as part of the package.  Mine is a DLO 1919A4.
View Quote

I don't think DLO has been making guns that long . He sold a lot of side plates that were assembled by others . He still has side plates for sale. As to the OP $12,500 is a good deal
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#11]

yes, thats a good deal. The better deal would be a post sample for the same price as a SEMI.

And dont bother with the semi... you need to reset the trigger manually after each shot. complete buzzkill.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And dont bother with the semi... you need to reset the trigger manually after each shot. complete buzzkill.
View Quote

Though if you can get one for a decent price, a crank on the trigger could be fun....
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Good price if it works and it's in good shape. I sold one for $14k several years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top