Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2016 11:26:09 PM EDT
Is there any market for the 40mm tp rounds for the mk19, I know they can't be shot in a m203 but are the live rounds legal to possess and is there any use for them?

Ran in to a guy at the last show in passing that said he had a few, it sorta peaked my interest and I'd like to have one for my ammo collection. If I catch him at the next show what should I pay?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there any market for the 40mm tp rounds for the mk19, I know they can't be shot in a m203 but are the live rounds legal to possess and is there any use for them?

Ran in to a guy at the last show in passing that said he had a few, it sorta peaked my interest and I'd like to have one for my ammo collection. If I catch him at the next show what should I pay?
View Quote

Considering they explode, probably not legal unless you go the DD route
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
There's one on gb right now for 68 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:37:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's one on gb right now for 68 bucks.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thought they had to have a certain amount of explosive before they were considered DD's.  Hence the 37mm bird bombs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Some 40mm for the Mk-19 are puff rounds and contain a small explosive charge.  Others are just solid aluminum.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Considering they explode, probably not legal unless you go the DD route
View Quote

M385, are a solid aluminum projectile with no energetics in the projo, so no DD issues.

M918, is a flash bang training round, not sure of the legal status, as I believe it has less than 1/4 oz.

They are available linked as straight M385, straight M918, or a mixed belt  2-1 M918 to M385 to save training money, but still be able to see impacts.

For a single or a couple rounds as a collector I'd guess somewhere in the $40 range.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top