Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
So hard to find the real value of these things since they just don't come up for sale that often.
I've been following them on Gunbroker and it seems they usually come up just shy of 6K and not meeting reserve.
Are sellers just expecting to much? If you were selling what do YOU think would be a fair price?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I paid $5,000 for my kit from a local dealer. I've seen one a guy at the gun shows has for $8500. Has had it for years.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I paid $5,000 for my kit from a local dealer. I've seen one a guy at the gun shows has for $8500. Has had it for years.
View Quote

I see the same $8500 one at shows.  I also recall seeing a $6500 one, at the SAR East show, IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I see the same $8500 one at shows.  I also recall seeing a $6500 one, at the SAR East show, IIRC.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blood hound? He has some neat pieces but his prices are wacky. I mean good for him to ask what he wants for stuff, but no wonder rs always there. I was talking to some of the other local dealers, they where saying they didn't know of any real Transferable M79's as everything went to .gov production. So pretty much everything is F1'ed or F2'ed. I figured $5,000 for a full kit that I F1'ed was a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Blood hound? He has some neat pieces but his prices are wacky. I mean good for him to ask what he wants for stuff, but no wonder rs always there. I was talking to some of the other local dealers, they where saying they didn't know of any real Transferable M79's as everything went to .gov production. So pretty much everything is F1'ed or F2'ed. I figured $5,000 for a full kit that I F1'ed was a good deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know there are some out there...I Believe Grog has an original.  Shivak was making receivers for a while too
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
3 years ago I sold my M79 for $8500. 2 months ago I replaced it for $5700. All USGI.

Autoweapons wants $11k for theirs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3 years ago I sold my M79 for $8500. 2 months ago I replaced it for $5700. All USGI.  Autoweapons wants $11k for theirs.
View Quote

You came out well on both deals then seeing as $6500 seems to be the going rate for a Kanar.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You came out well on both deals then seeing as $6500 seems to be the going rate for a Kanar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 years ago I sold my M79 for $8500. 2 months ago I replaced it for $5700. All USGI.  Autoweapons wants $11k for theirs.

I like the way it played out. I didn't think I would miss it as much as I did. My first one was a TRW and now so is the second, which I'm happy with.

There's also been another TRW popping up an GB that the seller seems to want $10k for.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know there are some out there...I Believe Grog has an original.  Shivak was making receivers for a while too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very well could be. Who knows what is actually floating around out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top