Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2015 12:58:15 PM EDT
Has anyone here developed a subsonic load for the 20x102mm Vulcan cartridge? If so, do you have any load data you would be willing to share?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't, but it wouldn't be difficult to model in QuickLOAD. If you don't have that program, I suggest you buy a copy, it really is useful.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't, but it wouldn't be difficult to model in QuickLOAD. If you don't have that program, I suggest you buy a copy, it really is useful.
View Quote

I don't have QuickLOAD but will be more than happy to purchase a copy IF it has the 20x102mm in its database. I take it that you have used QuickLOAD. Can you tell me for certain if it will calculate suggested loads for the Vulcan cartridge? Neco's website only says that it has data for "over 1200 cartridges" but gives no specifics.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't have QuickLOAD but will be more than happy to purchase a copy IF it has the 20x102mm in its database. I take it that you have used QuickLOAD. Can you tell me for certain if it will calculate suggested loads for the Vulcan cartridge? Neco's website only says that it has data for "over 1200 cartridges" but gives no specifics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind, I just called Neco and the gentleman I spoke to indicated the Vulcan cartridge is included in the database. Version 3.9 currently on order.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do you want a subsonic 20mm round?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

He plans to suppress a vulcan?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anzio has a suppressor for their 20mm
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Precisely, an Anzio Ironworks 20mm bolt action with a matching suppressor. Why would you think that is such an outlandish idea? It's similar in concept to a .300 or .510 Whisper, only on a larger scale. Besides, it's been done before, I just don't have access to the load data this guy is using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1GrVbf5ho

A normal M55A2 Vulcan projectile (1520 gr.) at 1000 fps would yield almost 3400 ft. lbs. of energy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Never mind, I just called Neco and the gentleman I spoke to indicated the Vulcan cartridge is included in the database. Version 3.9 currently on order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to love that program. I've used it far more than I initially anticipated.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
.787 whisper

787 blackout
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
A case full of trail boss?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top