Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2015 12:28:23 AM EDT
Has anyone tried and/or ever considered building a faux-M320-ish launcher by [heavily] modifying a Spike's Side-Opening Havoc?  

To the natural question of "why," the best answer I can give is, frankly, "why not."    Given that the better half has been blocking my attempts to purchase an M203 I've been considering if I couldn't build a faux-M320 piece by piece and disperse some of the one-time costs...

Obviously it wouldn't be a "faithful" replica, just emulate some of the form-factor and major functions of the M320 - but just in looking at some photographs of the Havoc and its accessories, and comparing them to the M320, this is what I'm thinking:

9" Havoc Side-Opening launcher - have the barrel turned down to a more "smooth" tube, eradicating the "grip surface" pattern
The pistol-grip/stock adapter component of the Kaos chassis
The B5 pistol grip (cut down)
Custom-built (probably polymer and/or aluminum) "frame" that would incorporate mounting points for a side-mounted sighting system, and a bottom rail, upon which an LWRCi (or similar) folding VFG could be installed

The only thing that I don't have a good solution for [at least in my head] is how to do the sliding stock in a way that allows it to be adjusted quickly to at least two positions, but be easily removable for rail-mounting the launcher.

Some comparison photographs -

"Off the shelf" components:

M320:

I know the question of whether or not anyone has ever tried or anything similar it is a bit of a long shot - but can anyone see/think of reason it wouldn't work/shouldn't be done, or perhaps owns a side-opening Havoc, and can comment on the potential feasibility of it?  

Is it just simply not worth it for something that will only superficially resemble the M320?

This is obviously a project in the very, very exploratory phases...  

~Augee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top