Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 6:16:45 PM EDT
Form 1 approved, scheduled engraving...but Clyde Armory is waiting on barrels with no solid date for me.
I checked GB, arms list, and 3 different forums classifieds.Who else sells them? I'd also buy used.

I just thought to check subguns classifieds.Anyone have any suggestions?? I also googled it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm the guilty one here, I've bought every single M203 barrel, 9" or 12", on the market that I could locate for the past year or so, excluding the EE here. I've bought somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 barrels in the past few years, and started buying all of them I came across for the last year or so. I haven't found a better source than the secondary market, sadly. I could probably part with one, but you'd have a better time ordering direct from LMT once your F1 is in, in terms of price.

I use them for other projects, not even on a M203, and it hurts every time I have to cut one up, but I can't find any other source for 40mm barrel blanks. I end up using M203 barrels, M79 barrels, and even Mark 19 barrels. Hopefully I can work a deal and find some 40mm barrel blanks with the proper rifling, but until then I just buy all the M203 barrels I can find for sale, so... sorry about that.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I've watch several "lots" of barrel sell at reasonable prices over thed last 6 months, it Sucks i couldn't buy them till i had approval.
I HAVE MY APPROVED FORM 1 IN HAND.so what's the damaged going to be??......should i get the KY?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've watch several "lots" of barrel sell at reasonable prices over thed last 6 months, it Sucks i couldn't buy them till i had approval.
I HAVE MY APPROVED FORM 1 IN HAND.so what's the damaged going to be??......should i get the KY?
View Quote

A new one from LMT is somewhere around $300 and is basically the most expensive way to buy one outside of auctions. If you can wait and read classifieds, you'll be able to find a used barrel somewhere between $100-200. If I were you, I'd be patient and go that route.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There should be some at Knob Creek next weekend for about $100

I see them at SAR for $75-$100
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder about KCR. I need to send someone down there with cash.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Clyde armorory told me $425!...  i haven't had any luck at all with LMT. I'll make another attempt to get one from them on monday.
If lmt will sell me one for $300 i'll probibly go that route..
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Clyde armorory told me $425!...  i haven't had any luck at all with LMT. I'll make another attempt to get one from them on monday.
If lmt will sell me one for $300 i'll probibly go that route..
View Quote

Man, I paid $360 in June. Curious to why the price has gone up.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to get 2 new barrels 9",12" and a couple used ones whatever lenght... but not at those prices.
I thought they'd be like 260 new.

Ideally i'll be making a test fireing rig, and using the used barrels for testing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my first barrel.. not thrilled about the price but condition doesn't look terrible, not that i know what i'm talking about.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=512216822
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
pyotr_k pm sent.i'm hoping you have a spare barrel extension.atleast that's what i think it's called.
Or if anyone else has a spare let me know Pm or here. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ugh...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got my first barrel.. not thrilled about the price but condition doesn't look terrible, not that i know what i'm talking about.

Ugh...

Price? Condition? Or my overall lack of knowledge?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
So clyde wanted $425.
Lmt said $360..but when i asked if i could buy 2. I was told i'd have to speak with somone else who wasn't in today.

I'm less happy about the price i paid for the used one. I guess there is some savings depending on the cost of the barrel extension.
I wanted a new 9" and 12",and one used whatever..but for what i paid for the used one it was stupid not to go new.

Anyway i'm engraved and hopefully tomarrow i'll be done weith my frantic barrel search.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks alot

Edit... when i say barrel extension I mean this
http://www.armystudyguide.com/images2/d0039.gif
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ugh...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh...

This. You bought a barrel that had most likely been crushed at the muzzle to demil. I've come across a bunch of them and never buy any. You can usually tell because the muzzle, even at 9" long, is ever so slightly oval, and of course the barrel extension is missing since that gets pried out at the same time. If the cut and crown was done right, it should still work fine, but still... I can't believe how expensive that got.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't realize they were tossed after being restaked. Maybe it wasn't demil crushed after all, then, and just shortened! That would be good news, since an extension can be cross-pinned in place if you're careful. It's not the best solution, but that barrel shouldn't be considered trash.

Alternatively, where are you finding these for $50 each? I would be thrilled to pay that for 40mm barrels to use as blanks. I hate cutting up perfectly good M203 barrels.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]
If i can get the parts to get the used one up and running great. If not i may relist it.Over the last year i had seen multipled barrel in lots or singles ranging from 150-200.
Now that i need one it's slim pickings.i alway planned to call clyde's and get one. I didn'the think i'd run into issues..

If you guys have the parts or can track them down let me know..
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I successfully ordered a 9" and 12" barrel from LMT. I think the time difference played a role in our miss communication.Also i had to speak to a parts guy, and a guy in management as well as deal with the sales dept. They were all very helpful.

Hopefully the gentlemen in parts will be able to get the part numbers over to sales for the parts for the used barrel...
When the barrel arrives i'll see if i am going to keep it.if not i'll relist with the needed parts..

Now assuming my form to cross state line comes back in the next 4 weeks i should be good to go.

Here's another gunbroker barrel for $150. It's atleast as bad if not worse of a deal then i rushed into with the first one.

And onced again a appredciate all the help.. airsoft cloggs my search for m203 stuff more than ar15/m16 stuff.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=513094889
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for looking.i should be good on barrels now.i'd picked up another if the price was right.The used barrel i bought i've already relisted on GB.
You didn't happen to see any live 37mm subcaliber training rockets atcknob creek did you? Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:39:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for looking.i should be good on barrels now.i'd picked up another if the price was right.The used barrel i bought i've already relisted on GB.
You didn't happen to see any live 37mm subcaliber training rockets atcknob creek did you? Just curious.
View Quote

Subcaliber rockets as in for the LAW?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email sent. I can't belived how helpful you guys are...i've been looking for months for a live ones

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am looking for one of these too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem currently is that there is one lot of them available, all together, for $150 each. Reasonable enough, but 30 at a time is outside the reach of many people.

ETA: If I can find enough buyers, I will buy the crate and make individual units available for a small fee to cover my time and shipping costs.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The problem currently is that there is one lot of them available, all together, for $150 each. Reasonable enough, but 30 at a time is outside the reach of many people.

ETA: If I can find enough buyers, I will buy the crate and make individual units available for a small fee to cover my time and shipping costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:59:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like i said in the email, i'm in for 5 on a group buy or whatever. If i half too i'd buy 10.. but more than that i'd just get my own case....i don't have a need for 30 of them.
All i can say is if we do a group buy i'll be listing some on gunbroker for 300-450 ea.. someone will buy 1 for that....

Edit... i sold thed barrel i bought off GB for 215 shipped, i paid 285 shipped.. i kept the spare parts i bought that are needed to use it..
I'd rather taked tbye loss and use new ones for saftey reasons..aldo 285+ the needed parts is the price of a new complete assembly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top