Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2015 12:32:11 AM EDT
Looking to get a Havoc launcher and am wondering if there is an advantage of the 12" over the 9" or  are they essentially the same? Main uses would be flares and smoke for now. I do prefer the rear loading of the 12 over the swivel loading of the 9. Or am I overlooking something?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 12in and it is very heavy. If you are looking to save some weight go with the 9in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking to get a Havoc launcher and am wondering if there is an advantage of the 12" over the 9" or  are they essentially the same? Main uses would be flares and smoke for now. I do prefer the rear loading of the 12 over the swivel loading of the 9. Or am I overlooking something?
View Quote

"I HAVE HEARD" for some 40mm flares, they are too long for M203 style slide forward launchers - hence the swivel to the side for loading.  I don't know if that is a factor for 37mm - but a side swivel would allow you a greater overall cartridge length than the slide forward to load.

~Will
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Per Spikes,

The 9” Havocs are DD ready.  They come with a thicker tube, 3/16” vs. the 1/8” called out in Mil-spec drawings.  The thicker tube isn’t offered in the 12”.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Per Spikes,

The 9” Havocs are DD ready.  They come with a thicker tube, 3/16” vs. the 1/8” called out in Mil-spec drawings.  The thicker tube isn’t offered in the 12”.
View Quote

So once you have your form one in hand to who can you send the barrel to to get it Rifled and enlarged
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

So once you have your form one in hand to who can you send the barrel to to get it Rifled and enlarged
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per Spikes,

No. Just bored to 40mm. The Havoc is mostly registered as a DD to be used as a smoothbore, sadly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is going to be an aftermarket 40mm rifled barrel coming out for the Spike's 12" launcher. Verification of DD registration will of course be required.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is going to be an aftermarket 40mm rifled barrel coming out for the Spike's 12" launcher. Verification of DD registration will of course be required.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please post here when these become available.  I have had my HAVOC DD's for about 6 years now and had an extra tube bored out to 40mm so I could use a Beehive round with it.  Would be nice to have a rifled tube.
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who makes them or will be making them, and will they sell a blank instead of an already profiled barrel for the Spike's launcher? I have been searching high and low for 40mm barrels, and other than M203 and the odd M79, I can't find barrels for my DD projects. I hate cutting up perfectly good barrels and would be very happy if I could find a source for 40mm barrel blanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Who makes them or will be making them, and will they sell a blank instead of an already profiled barrel for the Spike's launcher? I have been searching high and low for 40mm barrels, and other than M203 and the odd M79, I can't find barrels for my DD projects. I hate cutting up perfectly good barrels and would be very happy if I could find a source for 40mm barrel blanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think there is a thread on Grog's forum about the 40mm barrels.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a message with the link to that thread and posted my question there, as well. Somehow I missed that post from a while back, here's hoping I can help bring the required numbers up to the point they'll be made sooner rather than later. Not economically viable until 100 barrels are to be made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top