Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2015 9:16:03 AM EDT
I am thinking about getting an sks with grenade launcher on the muzzle.
Would the rifle launched grenade come under the Nfa? As long as they  have less then the 1/4 oz or totally innert?

Second question, is the gas from the blank suffent enough to ignight a cannon fuse in the bottom of a grenade?

This is what  I am thinking about doing if it is legeal.
Using PVC pipe to make the tube and maybe a plastic film can  for the top of it with less then 1/4 oz of black powder and a cannon fuse to set off the charge. Or something similar but no black powder just weighted.  Or maybe even make smoke rounds.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am thinking about getting an sks with grenade launcher on the muzzle.
Would the rifle launched grenade come under the Nfa? As long as they  have less then the 1/4 oz or totally innert?

Second question, is the gas from the blank suffent enough to ignight a cannon fuse in the bottom of a grenade?

This is what  I am thinking about doing if it is legeal.
Using PVC pipe to make the tube and maybe a plastic film can  for the top of it with less then 1/4 oz of black powder and a cannon fuse to set off the charge. Or something similar but no black powder just weighted.  Or maybe even make smoke rounds.
View Quote

Bad, Bad, Bad BAD IDEA......

There are some specs here (Link left cold purposely)   http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=44942.0
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like you have to redgester to use it.

Just FYI I was thinking PVC just to slide over the barrel and reinforce with duct tape. The charge will be in a plastic film can surrounded by hot melt glue. So no real chance is staduc discharge.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just FYI I was thinking PVC just to slide over the barrel and reinforce with duct tape. The charge will be in a plastic film can surrounded by hot melt glue. So no real chance is staduc discharge.
View Quote

The red makes the blue incorrect.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You are actually incorrect. I use the hotmelt glue and film can all the time with my 37mm.  The film cansdo not hold static electricity.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

it isnt the static, as much as the pressure of the muzzle gasses..........PVC is a bad idea IMO
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess maybe some emt conduit may be better
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here's one of the posts from WG

That NATO Standard size allows the use of 1" OD aluminum tube with a 0.065" (1/16") wall for the body.  

Fins can be molded from fiberglass using 4 shaped wood mold blocks, well waxed for releasing agent.  A 1" hole is drilled at the intersection of the 4 blocks.  Rubber bands squeeze the 4 blocks snuggly together along with the resined fiberglass strips and around the body tube.  A hot lamp can speed the curing.  The fins' roots wrap completely around the tube and hold very securely.  Molding flash is sanded or ground off the fins.  These fins are rather stiff and rarely break on impact.

The aluminum tube is rough surface sanded or sandblasted at the tail end for better bonding of the 4 fins.  The 4 wood mold blocks are made of 2" by 1.5"x1.5" wood lumber clamped together and drilled with a 1" center hole.  The block edges and surfaces are sanded smooth with a small fin root radius/bevel and heavilly waxed all over.

We used ordinary KIWI "Natural" color shoe polish as the secret release agent.  Available at better grocery stores everywhere.

The nose end plugs were 7/8" deep drawn automotive freeze plugs pressed into the nose end about 1/2" of the 6" long tubes and riv-screwed in place with 6 each  1/8"x1/4" riv screws (aka "drive rivets").  

The nose shape is your choice.  I suggest a 1.5" to 2" diameter sponge rubber ball bonded to a hardwood giant size "golf TE".

VD in AZ

registering is like here, nss to some areas depending on how many posts you have, that said their technical stuff is incredible if you are interested ino cost they do limit acceess depending on how many posts you have...that said, the information over there is incredible, if you're at all interested in "Rolling your Own" or even just parts kits builds..there's a guy who made a Yugo M-53 (Semi) Receiver out of a piece of Square tubing..and he did a Step-by step photo journal of the whole thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top