Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 5:54:29 AM EDT
I am interested in pricing out everything beside the assembled receiver ie barrel, mounting hardware qd and standard, hand guard, sights etc. What would I be looking to spend on these parts now a day?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Much more than you could buy one complete from LMT, based on the very few complete parts kits I've seen over the past 6 years. As I recall, they were all used parts as well.

Why don't you just buy a whole one, and once it's transferred tax-exempt to your local SOT, have them split it up, or whatever it is you're wanting to do with the parts. That would certainly be much less expensive than getting piecemeal parts. You could sell the receiver as a Title I firearm, and keep the complete parts kit (and probably sell it too and make a profit off both if you desired). They're just less expensive as a complete unit.

Now regarding the standard handguard and mounting hardware, GI sights, etc. Those will all be cheaper on eBay, Gunbroker, and forums for sure. Those things are the most common components. Usually you can score spare barrels below dealer cost as well. 12" is more common.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was talking about everything beside receiver parts like if someone were to buy a receiver from them and assemble it. I am looking to sell parts I bought back in 08 but never built into a launcher. They are all new parts and now that seven years have gone by and I still haven't built one so its high time to let them go to raise money for other projects. So I'm actually looking to price stuff out. I wasn't sure if I could ask for that directly with out it looking like a for sale ad. If you can help me figure out what the stuff is worth now that would be great. I have a 12" barrel assy, m16 handguard , clamp on leaf sight and quadrant sight, I also have two KAC barrel clamps and the m16 style mounting hardwear.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I know these parts cant be worthless, you cant even find new barrels for sale in a google search. But by the amount of interest and response here and on the 40mm site it seems as if m203 parts should be selling next to nothing since no one wants them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#4]
It's just the market. There's not much demand for complete launchers, and even less for parts kits. I saw your EE ad. Don't be discouraged. It will move eventually. If it's not moving fast enough just keep ticking the price down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top