Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 4:56:02 PM EDT
Decided my wife's dissy would look good with a tube.  Picked up an old Cobray and modified mounts to tuck it up closer to the barrel.  Was thinking some super breakers would be fun for the 4th, but can't find any ammo sources that appear legit.  (all out of stock, broken links, etc).  Is making my own the only way or is my google-fu just broken?  Any recommendations or advice appreciated...
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Decided my wife's dissy would look good with a tube.  Picked up an old Cobray and modified mounts to tuck it up closer to the barrel.  Was thinking some super breakers would be fun for the 4th, but can't find any ammo sources that appear legit.  (all out of stock, broken links, etc).  Is making my own the only way or is my google-fu just broken?  Any recommendations or advice appreciated...
View Quote

American Specialty usually has stuff in stock  Crap, disregard, i just looked and all they have is ALS Smoke
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Around PA, they are almost always available at gun shows.  Maybe you can find a show locally before 7/4.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I reload my rounds with supplies originally from exoticfirearms.com. I bought the deluxe starter kit (I believe that's what it was called). Since receiving the kit and learning the fundamentals, I've found that it's cheaper to order the paper tubes, flying fish fuse, visco fuse, etc. from fireworks supply websites. If you decide to go this route, MAKE SURE TO SHOP AROUND THE DIFFERENT SITES AS PRICES VARY DRASTICALLY FROM SITE TO SITE FOR THE SAME PRODUCT.

Email me for any questions.

Matt
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You can make your own with cardboard tubes (t.p. tubes work) flying fish fuse black powder and hot glue and a little cannon fuse.

A local gun shop has some but are $10 a shot and you will find most places are like that and on top you have hazmat charge.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.cannonfuse.com/

This is where I buy my fuse from, it has most of what you need

I just made 10 fire works my self I used crackling fuse white strobe and white flying fish but you can make them any colors you want, I just like the white

I also have some cannon smoke that I use for short range smoke rounds, I get them at fire works stand for $3 each and wrap them so they are a tight fit in the case, It is a lot cheaper them buying them and work just as good

If you need help PM me and I will try and help some.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The best place online for 37mm/40mm is at Grogs

His safety page shows what happens when a load explodes in the tube.  

Join the forum there are you'll find a great source of knowledge.  Grogs CDs are worth the price.  

I would be VERY skeptical of any 37mm I find at gunshows.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Join the forum there are you'll find a great source of knowledge.  Grogs CDs are worth the price.  

View Quote

THIS...and watch THIS As well

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/1cD1AV1lV_g
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's criminal someone sold those after see how the lifting charge is isolated from the payload.

Powdered magnesium or aluminum is nothing to mess with when you add an oxidizer. Who knows what "chemist" dreamed up those "loads".

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's criminal someone sold those after see how the lifting charge is isolated from the payload.

Powdered magnesium or aluminum is nothing to mess with when you add an oxidizer. Who knows what "chemist" dreamed up those "loads".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My hands were sweating just watching him take that thing apart......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top