Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2015 10:34:26 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could buy a Spuhr sight mount?  I have a T1 not being used and thought I could use it for the M203.  The only place I found says Mil/LE sales only.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Spuhr has not really made them in a production quantity for the US market, since he wants to have a large Military order to justify the expense.  I have emailed him and the US imported about getting some on the street since they are one of the better 40mm sights for ANY style red dot sight, not just the AImpoints - and you can adapt them from center rail to left or right side mountings.

I found out they were ordered for Denmark's version of the M203 40mm launcher, but I guess he needs a larger order by MIL/LEO in the USA to justify the import costs/licensing.

Same goes for the Vltor/Abrmams 40mm sight that can be used on the M32 launcher and any rail equipmed 40mm.

I have emailed him and the US importer a bunch of times and even talked to him at a Trade Show - but still no joy

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah I see.  Thanks for the info.  Yeah I first came across this sight on Larry Vickers YouTube video of the M203, and that thing looked really slick.  None of the other side mounted options appealed to me as much as this one.  Guess I'll stick with a leaf sight for now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Well whenever that group buy happens count me in, until then also a leaf sight I was' t a fan of the KAC side mount.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a quick update.  I put an in inquiry with EuroOptic and asked if they could special order the Sphur M203 sight mount, and he said they could but that they would have no guarantees on ETA as they don't receive regular shipments from Sphur.

I'm not sure if the rep responding to me had available to him the information that JoeTUVA supplied us with, or if he was just assuming it would be similar to ordering a rifle scope mount from Sphur?  I guess the only way to find out is have them go ahead with an order and see if it goes through.  I'll let you guys know what I find out.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, yeah no go on the mount.  After trying to place an order they came back to me and said Mil/LE only.  I figured as much give what JoeTUVA posted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
What do they mean by mil/leo only? does it require a letterhead and justification or statement of use, or can I whip out my ID and buy some?

I don't believe there is such a thing as a shill for optic mounts so long as it's not exported as per ITAR.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do they mean by mil/leo only? does it require a letterhead and justification or statement of use, or can I whip out my ID and buy some?

I don't believe there is such a thing as a shill for optic mounts so long as it's not exported as per ITAR.
View Quote

I couldn't tell you for sure, but I'm guessing it probably has more to do with Sphur not wanting to export one here or there for the very few civilian sales it would probably see.  They probably just say mil/leo only to avoid the hassle with the few requests they may get from the general public.

I'm starting to look a little closer at the LMT Quandrant though, and actually this may not be a bad 2nd choice?  The price is hard to swallow though, which is why I was hoping for just a mount to use with my existing T1.  But the overall profile seems fairly small with that micro red dot.

http://www.lmtstore.com/m203/m203-sights-and-handguard-kits/red-dot-reflex-quadrant-sight-assembly.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a KAC quadrant with an MRDS on it, and sold it ($450 on GB). By the time my 10.5" MRP got the M203, the red dot rail mount sight, and a leaf sight it was unbearable probably 15 lb or so. I got rid of it and stuck with the leaf sight, also had the IR laser barrel mounted sight, it too was god awful to handle. My interest in a spuhr would be for a standalone set-up with aimpoint micro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top