Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:52:20 PM EDT
After a little over a year after I put in my form one I finaly heard back from batf about my form 1.
It had a bunch of minor things that needed to be chanced. I called and they where very nice, the woman that handle my form 1 even send me an email with what needed to be changed. Before the letter got to me. I made corrections and sent a pdf with them to her to look over before I sent back in. She was very helpful and said I should have my stamp with in 30 days after they get correction are sent back.  
I can't wait for it to get here. I have lot of projectiles I want to try out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested in seeing what loads you come up with.  I registered my 37mm last year but haven't gotten around to load development yet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several in mind to try in it but will not put any together until I get the stamp.
I am going to order a 12 ga shotshell adaptor for starters.
Right now I have made some 12 ga shotshells with 7.5 and 9 shot using trailboss powder. Our of my single shot  shotgun recoil is hardly anything and at 30 yards I am smoking clay targets sitting on a  back stop.  I am going to work up some more shot loads with larger shot and maybe some buckshot.

What is still in concept is filling proper size tube with hotmelt glue for a solid 37 mm "bullet"
Make some wads using cardboard tubes for a 37mm shot shell
Use rubber balls for non leathel use for pest using above homemade wad.
Use cardboard tube for light primer powered projectiles for backyard fun.

This is just a few that I am thinking of making.

I am really hoping the light 12 ga works as well out of the 37 mm as it did with the shotgun. If it does I want to mount it to my ar15 in 22 long rifle so I can use for small game hunting. 22 lr on top large shotshell under.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top