Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 11:31:26 PM EDT
After the positive feedback I received in my previous thread, I think I'm going to take the plunge on a M203.  I just had a quick question on the transfer, which will dictate which FFL I use.  I plan to buy the title 1 receiver, and then the barrel after I form 1 it.  When my FFL receives the M203 receiver, how will they classify it?  Is it a pistol....rifle?  I assume it's not listed as a DD yet, correct?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
A title 1 M203 receiver is neither a rifle or a pistol, it is an "other" just like a stripped AR lower.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the same thing when I gt mine as well.  Mine is a LMT and I got it from Randy Shivak and he engraved it for me before he shipped it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys.  I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's.  Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started.  Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys. I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's. Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started. Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.
View Quote

Once you have your Form 1 approved, you can send a copy of it to LMT and order a barrel from them directly if you so desire.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I wasn't aware they would sell direct.  I will definitely get in touch with LMT then...thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received my M203 receiver, and am getting ready to submit the form 1.  I'm hung up on the model ID though...so many choices populated in the drop down.

I wanna say it's M2032003, even though it's engraved as M-2032003 on the receiver.  Or is it simply M203?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just received my M203 receiver, and am getting ready to submit the form 1. I'm hung up on the model ID though...so many choices populated in the drop down.

I wanna say it's M2032003, even though it's engraved as M-2032003 on the receiver. Or is it simply M203? Thanks!
View Quote

M2032003.

ETA A rail mounted one after all huh?  Make sure you get a rail rated to handle it!

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!  Will submit it tonight.

Yeah, I ended up going with the rail mount.  I bought it from Clyde's and that is all they had in stock at the time.  I was going back and forth between the two, and bought on an impulse.

I think I'm going to build a 10.5" AR to mount this on.  Will make sure I have the proper rail.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Once you have your Form 1 approved, you can send a copy of it to LMT and order a barrel from them directly if you so desire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks, I appreciate the reply guys. I just bought a rail mounted version from Clyde's. Can't wait to take delivery and get the Form 1 started. Clyde's said they have the barrels on order but hopefully they get them in soon after my form 1 is approved.

How much does the barrel cost? A complete M293 brand new from LMT is $1800 and a Title 1 receiver from Clyde is $1700. If the barrel is pretty close to $100 or a bit more, then I'll definitely do it so that I can Form 1 and get approved faster.

If the barrel is super expensive I'll just wait on a Form 3 and buy it all at once, even if it takes longer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How much does the barrel cost? A complete M293 brand new from LMT is $1800 and a Title 1 receiver from Clyde is $1700. If the barrel is pretty close to $100 or a bit more, then I'll definitely do it so that I can Form 1 and get approved faster.

If the barrel is super expensive I'll just wait on a Form 3 and buy it all at once, even if it takes longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that what the prices are for them now? On their website, it says the barreled M203 is $1700, and the title 1 receiver only is $1300, although it says they are both out of stock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is that what the prices are for them now? On their website, it says the barreled M203 is $1700, and the title 1 receiver only is $1300, although it says they are both out of stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a cost perspective, you are far better off buying the complete unit. You will end up getting to $2000 or more buying the individual parts piece meal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From a cost perspective, you are far better off buying the complete unit. You will end up getting to $2000 or more buying the individual parts piece meal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Shivak M203 already and a couple of barrels which is mounted on an M4 clone. If receivers only are $1300, I'm tempted to get one of the LMT's to put on an A2 build. I have a 37mm barrel which I could throw on there as a placeholder until the Form 1 would come back. But if the receiver only is $1700, then it would be better off getting the complete unit, although you'd incur the wait of a double transfer, which, if this ATF 41p CLEO requirement goes through, may happen before the 2nd transfer which would blow the deal for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Just to clear up any confusion, the rail mounted receiver from Clyde's is $1700, the barrel mounted receiver is $1300.  I think the barrel is around $300, but not sure.  It definitely is cheaper to buy as a complete unit, but I think it's easier going the Form 1 route, at least in my area.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Ya I paid 1200 for mine, title 1 LMT receiver.  

Had a colt but didn't like it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent off form 4 the other day on a LMT L2D. I guess I'll have it around my birthday in July.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Well just a quick update.  Form 1 was approved a couple weeks ago so I ordered the 9" barrel direct from LMT and it arrived yesterday.  Total for the barrel was $360, so complete rail mounted M203 ended up being $2060 + $200 stamp.  Expensive novelty for sure, but no regrets.  Looks like nothing else when mounted on an AR!  I'll try and snap some pics tonight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This depends entirely on if you have a reasonably priced local dealer to handle the transfer. All the dealers in this area start with a $200 fee, and the only ones who say they'd do a DD transfer want $300 or more for their time.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any sources for 37mm 203 barrels still?
View Quote

^^^^ What he said. Does anyone have a M203  37mm barrel for sale
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top