Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2014 3:00:19 PM EDT
So from the best I can tell if you use a lift charge of BP you need an explosive lic. and magazine locker . If you use it in a front stuffer you don't ?

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Explosives/Industry/open-letter-black-powder.pdf
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder how this effects people using black powder for cartridges in modern fire arms or people reloading for 37 / 40 mm launchers
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
How will I shoot my avils?
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
More hoop's to jump threw, this way if they ever need to they have grounds to arrest you!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a new reg, they are just restating for clarity what has always been the regulation.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder how this effects people using black powder for cartridges in modern fire arms or people reloading for 37 / 40 mm launchers
View Quote

I think it is pretty clear:

(3) the black powder is intended to be used in antique firearms or antique devices solely for sporting, recreational or cultural purposes.

Users of Black Powder: No explosives permit is required if a person only intends to purchase and use commercially manufactured black powder in quantities not to exceed 50 pounds for the above stated purposes in antique firearms or antique devices.  However, any individual or company purchasing any amount of black powder for any other purpose, including for use in fireworks or pyrotechnics, must obtain a Federal explosives license or permit.

Emphasis added by me.

I guess shooting the holy black in cartridges out a Pietta copy of an 1873 Colt Cattleman is now dangerous to the public.

These guys and their loose and ambiguous interpretations...

~Will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top