Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 9:01:11 PM EDT
Would it be feasible to reactivate this via form 1?

If not, are there any around?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]

My state doesn't allow DD's, but I'd like to know the answer myself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You can put a DD stamp on a box of rocks.  The question is, do you want to put it next to your head and shoot it?  Followed closely by 'What are you going to shoot out of it?'.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Good point. I am hoping that I can find an in-tact barrel to use. I was thinking that there may be some around, kinda like M203 barrels. I don't know. If worse comes to worse on ammo, 20mm subcaliber inserts may be an option. I have a lot of research to do before beginning a project like this, I may find that it is not feasible and have to abandon it.

Didn't somebody re-activate a 90mm RR on here?
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
prebans reactivated a 57 recoilless, and I am in the process of doing the same now.  

It's not something to do on a whim, but it would be legal as a form 1 DD.  And it's a crapton of powder right next to your head.....  I am in no hurry to fire one :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
KARL!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a form 1'd RPG2, but it's straight up black powder, so it's not a big deal to reload for.  I highly doubt you'll find an intact barrel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good point. I am hoping that I can find an in-tact barrel to use. I was thinking that there may be some around, kinda like M203 barrels. I don't know. If worse comes to worse on ammo, 20mm subcaliber inserts may be an option. I have a lot of research to do before beginning a project like this, I may find that it is not feasible and have to abandon it.

Didn't somebody re-activate a 90mm RR on here?
View Quote

Two arfcommers are currently each reactivating a Gustav
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've got a form 1'd RPG2, but it's straight up black powder, so it's not a big deal to reload for.  I highly doubt you'll find an intact barrel.
View Quote

Tell me more about this! I was just looking at deactivated RPG2s & decided it wasn't worth it for a wall hanger. How do you reload for it? What do you use for projectiles?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tell me more about this! I was just looking at deactivated RPG2s & decided it wasn't worth it for a wall hanger. How do you reload for it? What do you use for projectiles?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This... PHOTOS MAN!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that I am going to abandon this idea. Right now reactivating one of these is probably beyond my abilities.
I would love to see/hear about any that were reactivated, and how you did it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/ajk07734/media/f-5s_zpsd50f04c8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae179/ajk07734/f-5s_zpsd50f04c8.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/ajk07734/media/f-5s_zpsd50f04c8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae179/ajk07734/f-5s_zpsd50f04c8.jpg</a>

Photos would be cool. but I just want to know how hard it is to do this. A sorta functional RPG2 that chucks -something- would allow me to rationalize the form 1.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think that I am going to abandon this idea. Right now reactivating one of these is probably beyond my abilities.
I would love to see/hear about any that were reactivated, and how you did it.
View Quote

If I did it, and knew I could get real practice rounds somewhere, I'd just have a new barrel made. I like my head attached to my neck.
It would be really, really, cool though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm working in Afghanistan right now, so aside from 'get a tax stamp', I've done nothing yet with this project (I already had the inerted/demil'd RPG2).

An RPG2, contrary to what you might think the name implies, has no rocket motor, and only a black powder launch charge.  Black powder is much less energetic than smokeless.  An RPG7 (and a Carl G), use smokeless (as well as the '7 having a 'sustainer' motor)... much more pressure, and complexity.  Not going there.

Anyway, I'm going to make some projo's, and I'm going to use some original projo's.  My launch motor will be the same spec as the original, so my propellant carts could be used on either original or my own homebrew projo.  The primer is on the projectile, though, not the propellent cart, so it is a little more involved than it sounds, but not much.

RPG2's use the same firing pin as the RPG7, and those are readily available on the surplus market... Aside from that, and some serious good welding and a little machine work, not much is needed.

Much testing will be done before my head goes near it.   Hopefully I can get started on it in the next six months or so.
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]
haha, I just shot off an AT4 and 2 HEDP Carlos G. both 84mm yesterday.

did it OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top