BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hackney:
Does anyone know if the ECCO Machine plan B mounts will work on a ranger conversion? Looking at their photos of the mount it is hard to tell if there is a small lip after the threads or not.
View Quote

@ecco_machine
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:34:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Toker_] [#3]
I just tested the standard Griffin Plan A mount and it looks like it hits about 0.4375"+ when screwed in. But there isn't really a taper or inset to the lip, so it stops there. Ecco looks like their lip is a slightly smaller outer diameter, so a 0.45" measurement may work.

Unfortunately, I was a little slow on buying their titanium Plan A adapter to test out. I put a back in stock notification, so I'll place an order in when it comes back in stock. I'll be sure to post if it works or not. I'm assuming that the Plan B is almost the same size.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GTJoe] [#4]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

Unfortunately, I never asked. I got my resto during the Black Friday offer and was told that if I didn't like the Mini 7, I could send it back and get it redone. I'm sure AAC will let you know the cost if you email them.
View Quote

I know that there has been a report from Reddit (r/NFA) on a suppresor that someone wanted made into a full length SDN-6 rebuild after having theirs resto-modded into a Ranger 7:  https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/18omj6d/aac_customer_service_best_in_class/ The poster seemed pretty happy with the experience, so it's kind of cool that you can have that option.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I shot the Mini 7 on my Gen 1 MCX with a 9" Virtus barrel and YHM sRX mount for maximum compactness. Despite its length it sounds great shooting subs (clearly not as good as a normal length can but still pretty good) and takes the edge off 150gr supersonics.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]
So you can confirm the SRX mounts will work with AAC’s modified hub pattern?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan_h] [#7]
Just a quick update here…I reached out to AAC today regarding a Ranger 5 upgrade and found out they’re “out of baffles”

No ETA was given for when they’d be back in stock.

So no upgrades for now…at least regarding the 5.56mm cans…
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes - no baffles. I am also waiting for the phone call.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dan_h:
Just a quick update here…I reached out to AAC today regarding a Ranger 5 upgrade and found out they’re “out of baffles”

No ETA was given for when they’d be back in stock.

So no upgrades for now…at least regarding the 5.56mm cans…
View Quote

I was told 4-6 weeks on ranger 5 baffles.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dan_h:
Just a quick update here I reached out to AAC today regarding a Ranger 5 upgrade and found out they're "out of baffles"

No ETA was given for when they'd be back in stock.

So no upgrades for now at least regarding the 5.56mm cans
View Quote
Dammit. I came here to post a video and say I had decided to do the upgrade. You guys can blame my karma for this. Sorry
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:31:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Britt-dog] [#11]
AAC RANGER 5 & AAC RANGER 7 - The Next Generation of Advanced Armament Company Silencers

This is the reason I have decided to do the upgrade. Silencer shop confirms the can can be used on .243 cal rounds. So it will work on 6 arc etc. Guess I should have contacted aac directly to get my question answered. Doh.

ETA: Post #6243
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
Dammit. I came here to post a video and say I had decided to do the upgrade. You guys can blame my karma for this. Sorry
View Quote

Go ahead and still get on the list. I contacted them last week about my m42000 and SDN6. I was able to send in my SDN6 right away for conversion and was quoted 4-6 weeks on my m42000. They are contacting me when the baffles come in and then I’ll send in the m42000.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#13]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-NI1Q_-AQ
This is the reason I have decided to do the upgrade. Silencer shop confirms the can can be used on .243 cal rounds. So it will work on 6 arc etc. Guess I should have contacted aac directly to get my question answered. Doh.

View Quote

Interesting. Wonder why AAC hasn't highlighted that you can use the Ranger 5 "5.56" cans on 6mm firearms as well. I also wonder how overbore they are to allow this to work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:17:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Britt-dog] [#14]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Interesting. Wonder why AAC hasn't highlighted that you can use the Ranger 5 "5.56" cans on 6mm firearms as well. I also wonder how overbore they are to allow this to work.
View Quote
If you look at the AAC page for a ranger 5 it lists the rounds it will suppress. 6arc, 6 creed, 243. I came here and asked and never went and looked at the page. Now it turns out they are out of ranger 5 baffles and silencer shop is out of ranger 5s. So I bought a ranger 5 mini this morning. Now I have to hope eforms comes back on line.

ETA: the aac website is fucked up. The ranger 5 page lists .556 only, the ranger5 mini page lists several rounds.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#15]
If you look at the AAC page for a ranger 5 it lists the rounds it will suppress. 6arc, 6 creed, 243. I came here and asked and never went and looked at the page. Now it turns out they are out of ranger 5 baffles and silencer shop is out of ranger 5s. So I bought a ranger 5 mini this morning. Now I have to hope eforms comes back on line.

ETA: the aac website is fucked up. The ranger 5 page lists .556 only, the ranger5 mini page lists several rounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks. I haven't looked at the AAC site in some time and don't think I ever looked at the 5 Mini page, so was stumped by the 6mm reference. I just roll with .30cal all the cans and endcaps so I don't have to worry about it
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone know if the ECCO Machine plan B mounts will work on a ranger conversion? Looking at their photos of the mount it is hard to tell if there is a small lip after the threads or not.
View Quote

I'm in NE Ohio with a lathe... I can cut the lip off for you if you need...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-NI1Q_-AQ

View Quote

Honestly... sounds like form 4s are getting approved in weeks right now and a $540 Polonium-K handles 6mm rounds, too.  Might be faster and about the same price to just Buy a Polonium-K than upgrade a silencer for $700
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#18]

* * * I was able to send in my SDN6 right away for conversion and was quoted 4-6 weeks on my m42000. They are contacting me when the baffles come in and then I’ll send in the m42000.
View All Quotes

* * * I was able to send in my SDN6 right away for conversion and was quoted 4-6 weeks on my m42000. They are contacting me when the baffles come in and then I’ll send in the m42000.

That’s what I was told about my M42K can.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Millennial:

I'm in NE Ohio with a lathe... I can cut the lip off for you if you need...
View Quote

That’s great to know. I will let you know how it fits once I get the suppressor back. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#20]
Well, I got my 762-SD back. It’s ALOT nicer now.
Two weeks, door to door.

I plan on using it on my HD .300BLK in direct thread  configuration … but I might still put a Plan B on it because I have other Plan B guns, it’s cheapish, and versatility is nice.

Pictured next to a SDN6 that is basically dedicated to my Tavor 7.  But I might send in the SDN6 too… we’ll see.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:39:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#21]
Oh boy, this can is the perfect length.  Just need to put the light back on the handguard and my 8” .300BLK is back in business.  Light, sight, sling and suppressor; everything you need and nothing you don’t.

Yes, the can is holding the handguard cap on.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Two weeks, door to door.

I plan on using it on my HD .300BLK in direct thread  configuration … but I might still put a Plan B on it because I have other Plan B guns, it’s cheapish, and versatility is nice.

Pictured next to a SDN6 that is basically dedicated to my Tavor 7.  But I might send in the SDN6 too… we’ll see.

https://i.imgur.com/DeLe79Fh.jpg
View Quote

Send in the SDN6. The reduction in blowback is crazy nice.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:41:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#23]

View All Quotes
Two weeks, door to door.

https://i.imgur.com/DeLe79Fh.jpg

Tavor 7 has selectable gas (adverse, normal, suppressed, off) and is short stroke piston driven, so blowback and port pop really aren’t issues.  You can even turn the gas completely off and shoot subs bolt-action-style crazy quiet… it’s pretty cool.

If I do,  it will be for the length/weight reduction on the already short but heavy bullpup.  But I want to get a chance to try this 5.9” shortened Ranger 7 on it first to make sure the loss in reduction is acceptable.  Which isn’t trivial; tavors have very thin shoulders (too thin for indexing most muzzle devices) and long threads (.730” long)… so I need to find a hub-compatible setup to test this can with.  Basically it squares off of the muzzle crown, not the thread shoulder.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
So you can confirm the SRX mounts will work with AAC’s modified hub pattern?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Oof, just saw this thread and sent in for the inquiry before re reading and seeing it is $700.

My old 762sd has a loose latch pin (again! I never ever ratcheted the damn thing) held in by gorilla tape but for $700 I'll buy a new one... even if f4s weren't coming back in record time.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:06:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#26]
Originally Posted By Echd:
Oof, just saw this thread and sent in for the inquiry before re reading and seeing it is $700.

My old 762sd has a loose latch pin (again! I never ever ratcheted the damn thing) held in by gorilla tape but for $700 I'll buy a new one... even if f4s weren't coming back in record time.
View Quote

They can repair your latch pin very cheap.

The $700 is for basically buying a ranger and having them (literally) stick the old serial number ring on it with like a 2-week turnaround.

If you just want a different mount just contact ECCO for a HUB conversion. Much cheaper than a ranger rebuild.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Any chance new AAC will release the direct thread can that came on the honey badger that was going to come to market back in 2014-2015?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pangris] [#28]
I think I'm about to pull the trigger.
I have an M42000 and SDN6.

I also have a Sandman K and Thunderbeast Ultra 7.

That assortment makes me think I should get the SDN6 done at "Ranger 5" length - if I'm understanding, it splits the difference between a regular and Mini 7 -

And same same with the M42000, if they will split the baby between regular and a mini, why not - that will live on a bedside 10.5 Noveske with a switchblock that does get shot but not a crazy amount.

I'm a little torn between max suppression and minimum length and backpressure. I'm probably putting the 7 on 16" AR-10 in 308.  Any thoughts appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenSuiter] [#29]

I would personally run everything at full length, these cans are not long whatsoever in the full length configuration. They are both already much lower in back pressure than they were originally.

Ranger 5 is shared between uppers on my BCM SBR, Ranger 7 lives on my 18” AR-10 and .300 AAC shorty.

I’m running Rearden Atlas Adapters and Rearden/FCD muzzle devices, great combination that retains the shortest length & weight added to the systems.

-Edit for one more photo.

-The tape may not look aligned in the photo but it is flush with the front caps
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#30]
I need a Ranger Mini.  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top