Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:12:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:

That’s what I was hoping but in their email reply just now they said they wouldn’t upgrade the baffles if I wasn’t wanting their mount conversion also.  “All or nothing”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11B3XCIB:
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I’d hit them up and ask both questions. I know there were some older AAC cans that couldn’t be upgraded, but I’m guessing the Hub transition wouldn’t be a deal breaker as they’re taking the SN portion and welding it to a new baffle stack.

That’s what I was hoping but in their email reply just now they said they wouldn’t upgrade the baffles if I wasn’t wanting their mount conversion also.  “All or nothing”

Sounds like you’d still have the Hub/Bravo capability…just AAC’s instead of ECCO’s. Not sure if there is any difference between the two, but based it being a universal thread pattern I would think your current Hub/Bravo threaded interface bits would still work.

I was using a AAC 51T STAMP, which is threaded for the Hub/Bravo interface, along with a Bravo to Charlie adapter from ECCO in order to use the STAMP with my Saker 556K. The AAC and ECCO bits threaded up just fine and allowed me to use the Bravo threaded STAMP with the Charlie threaded Saker 556K. I just wasn’t a fan of the added length the STAMP and adapter added to what was purchased to be a short can.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 6:44:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#2]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:

That’s precisely the benefit that I see with this program. Does $700 hurt? A little but not as much as waiting.
The alternative is keep not shooting two old cans and have them sitting on a shelf or have them converted to AAC newest Tech/Design which is supposed to be shorter, lighter, less back pressure, and have nominally the same sound reduction.
I have a lot of other cans to shoot as well, however this was an easy decision for me and I think what the new crew at AAC is doing with this program is awesome. There are so many old cans out there that are just sitting and this is a factory option with warranty that bring those old cans back.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Toker_:

It sucks. I have two AAC 762-SND-6 and they've been sitting in a drawer since I got the Omega 300. I just bought a Silencerco 36M and am waiting on another free Omega 300.

I could see the benefit of this if you didn't want to wait for another tax stamp approval, but for someone like me that already has suppressors, the wait doesn't really matter.

That’s precisely the benefit that I see with this program. Does $700 hurt? A little but not as much as waiting.
The alternative is keep not shooting two old cans and have them sitting on a shelf or have them converted to AAC newest Tech/Design which is supposed to be shorter, lighter, less back pressure, and have nominally the same sound reduction.
I have a lot of other cans to shoot as well, however this was an easy decision for me and I think what the new crew at AAC is doing with this program is awesome. There are so many old cans out there that are just sitting and this is a factory option with warranty that bring those old cans back.

Getting into this late. So I’m pretty sure I missed the original 51-tooth ratchet conversion memo,  ….. but I’ve got an AAC 762 SND-6 can and a 5.56 M4 2K can. There are host ratchet mounts on two of my rifles for the 762 SND can and five such mounts on the 5.56 rifles for the M4 2K can.

So seven (7) rifles total for which I need these cans ‘fixed’ to run more like thread-ons.

What mounts do I need for these rifles to run these cans on after sending them to AAC for this conversion?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Getting into this late. So I’m pretty sure I missed the original 51-tooth ratchet conversion memo,  ….. but I’ve got an AAC 762 SND-6 can and a 5.56 M4 2K can. There are host ratchet mounts on two of my rifles for the 762 SND can and five such mounts on the 5.56 rifles for the M4 2K can.

So seven (7) rifles total for which I need these cans ‘fixed’ to run more like thread-ons.

What mounts do I need for these rifles to run these cans on after sending them to AAC for this conversion?

Thanks.
View All Quotes

It sucks. I have two AAC 762-SND-6 and they've been sitting in a drawer since I got the Omega 300. I just bought a Silencerco 36M and am waiting on another free Omega 300.

I could see the benefit of this if you didn't want to wait for another tax stamp approval, but for someone like me that already has suppressors, the wait doesn't really matter.

Thanks.

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’d need direct thread Bravo/HUB mounts to put the cans on rifles setup for direct thread. My SDN-6 conversion came back with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount from AAC, so that might cover some of your rifles right there. I’m guessing the .223 modded cans come back with 1/2x28 direct thread mounts, but defer to ‘new AAC guy’ to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 9:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#4]

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’d need direct thread Bravo/HUB mounts to put the cans on rifles setup for direct thread. My SDN-6 conversion came back with a 5/8x24 direct thread mount from AAC, so that might cover some of your rifles right there. I’m guessing the .223 modded cans come back with 1/2x28 direct thread mounts, but defer to ‘new AAC guy’ to confirm.
View All Quotes

Thanks.

Thanks.

Yeah, the current mounts on my rifles are AAC 51-T FH mounts on the muzzle. I’m assuming I’ll need to replace those with whatever mount fits the converted SND-6 and M4-2K cans. No?
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You can always get their 51T stamp mount. That what I am using on my converted N6 because i had 10+ rifles with 51T mounts, I didn’t want to change everything and been using it with zero issues.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:40:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#6]

Thanks.

Yeah, the current mounts on my rifles are AAC 51-T FH mounts on the muzzle. I’m assuming I’ll need to replace those with whatever mount fits the converted SND-6 and M4-2K cans. No?
View All Quotes

Thanks.

Thanks.

What HOODYJ said. Get a 51T S.T.A.M.P. MOUNT to thread into the back end of the modified can and rock on with your existing 51T mounts. Like HOODYJ, I had a dozen uppers with 51T FH or MB mounts and didn't feel like dishing out a couple grand for new mounts and pin/weld work, so the modified SDN-6 has a 51T STAMP mount in it and I get the same QD interface while dropping an inch in length, a few ounces in weight, and a ton of blowback going to the Ranger 7 core.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The STAMP Mount also cleverly takes all of the objectionable wiggle out of the 51T system.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm...can someone sell me on having my M4-2000 Mod8 updated?

Like, is it (the Ranger-5) quieter? Better? Stronger? Would I be better off sticking with what I have, or sending it in for $700 plus buying the extra adapter to use my existing 51t devices? Is the performance that much better, if at all?

The conversion to hub threads alone is a pretty good reason, but I don't want to make the can objectively worse in any measure by doing the upgrade. Fortunately I've only got 2 or 3 51t devices, but one of them is on a 13x1LH AUG barrel...not a whole lot of muzzle devices out there for those things in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#9]
Originally Posted By Atlmike:
The STAMP Mount also cleverly takes all of the objectionable wiggle out of the 51T system.
View Quote

That was my main user issue with the 51-T mounts for my SND-6 and M4-2000. Lock-up wasn’t tight enough to prevent shot-to-shot wiggling. Groups opened up noticeably @ 100-yds and beyond.

To some extent I was able to eliminate the wiggle-wobble by using ‘O’ rings on the 51-t mounts. Groups stay tight and consistent. The O-rings created enough tension to ‘lock’ the can on the mount   - at least for a while until the O-ring wore too thin or broke.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Hmm...can someone sell me on having my M4-2000 Mod8 updated?

Like, is it (the Ranger-5) quieter? Better? Stronger? Would I be better off sticking with what I have, or sending it in for $700 plus buying the extra adapter to use my existing 51t devices? Is the performance that much better, if at all?

The conversion to hub threads alone is a pretty good reason, but I don't want to make the can objectively worse in any measure by doing the upgrade. Fortunately I've only got 2 or 3 51t devices, but one of them is on a 13x1LH AUG barrel...not a whole lot of muzzle devices out there for those things in the first place.
View Quote

I don’t have an M4-2000 to know if the back pressure is bad, but the SDN-6 was pretty gnarly and the reduction in back pressure, along with the move to the HUB system, was worth it to me as this is my main can for all of my ARs.

If your M4-2000 is a dedicated-ish can, and you don’t mind the performance, it might not be worth the ~1k for the conversion and STAMP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#12]
My buddy’s m42k is super gassy on a 14.5”
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KSPeacekeeper] [#13]
Retracted
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 5:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FiveToOne] [#15]
The new 90t HUB mount looks great.  Taper in front of the threads, good wrench points, easily serviceable latch.

And the can conversion is an excellent option as well.  I think I'll do somthing in the future to my m42k and mini4. It would be nice if AAC had a Ranger5K...
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 7:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSGlock34] [#16]
Originally Posted By FiveToOne:And the can conversion is an excellent option as well.  I think I'll do somthing in the future to my m42k and mini4. It would be nice if AAC had a Ranger5K...
View Quote

Ranger 5 and 7 Minis are in production.  My SDN-6 is coming back as a Ranger 7 Mini...

Per AAC - The mini 556 will be 4.96” and 9.8oz. The mini 762 will be 5.23” and 10.8oz. These are weights and size without mounts in them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvQavFpLdzd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:15:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#17]
Originally Posted By JSGlock34:

Ranger 5 and 7 Minis are in production.  My SDN-6 is coming back as a Ranger 7 Mini...
Per AAC - The mini 556 will be 4.96” and 9.8oz. The mini 762 will be 5.23” and 10.8oz. These are weights and size without mounts in them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FiveToOne:And the can conversion is an excellent option as well.  I think I'll do somthing in the future to my m42k and mini4. It would be nice if AAC had a Ranger5K...

Would the STAMP mounts add that much weight to each can?
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#18]
STAMP adds about 4oz and an inch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 1:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VLODPG] [#19]

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
View Quote

Really? That was my biggest hate on the can, that and the worn latch that I never got around in having fixed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#20]
STAMP uses a coil spring to tension the latch, which should translate into significantly longer latch life. Also, if you do need to replace the latch in a STAMP mount, it's possible to do it at home with an R&R kit you can get from AAC.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#21]
STAMP uses a coil spring to tension the latch, which should translate into significantly longer latch life. Also, if you do need to replace the latch in a STAMP mount, it's possible to do it at home with an R&R kit you can get from AAC.

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
View Quote

Thanks for that info!
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#22]

SilentMike
Dead Air
AAC 1998-2018
View Quote

Link to R&R kit? Seems like something good to have on hand as my SDN-6/R7 is my go-to AR can.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Awesome.  I have several aac cans with the 51t butt and a ton of uppers they go on…..
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Sounds like you’d still have the Hub/Bravo capability…just AAC’s instead of ECCO’s. Not sure if there is any difference between the two, but based it being a universal thread pattern I would think your current Hub/Bravo threaded interface bits would still work.

I was using a AAC 51T STAMP, which is threaded for the Hub/Bravo interface, along with a Bravo to Charlie adapter from ECCO in order to use the STAMP with my Saker 556K. The AAC and ECCO bits threaded up just fine and allowed me to use the Bravo threaded STAMP with the Charlie threaded Saker 556K. I just wasn’t a fan of the added length the STAMP and adapter added to what was purchased to be a short can.
View Quote

Well paying $700 for a service to do two things, one of which is something I already paid $250 to do….this little Mini-4 isn’t worth doing that to cost wise.  I’d buy a new 5.56 can first
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:48:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#25]
Just saw this thread... I'm very intrigued.  I have an old SDN-6 that I use a lot still; it is currently my only .30 can so most of my 300blk goes through it.

However, it is big and heavy, so a weight/length/gassy reduction would be awesome.

Bear with me as these are probably a couple very dumb questions, but I've never used the new mounting system this would come with and have done just enough looking to be dangerous:

1) What keeps the body of the can from unthreading from your adapter of choice, such as the one that comes with it: https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/flange-indexing-direct-thread-adapters/   or, the keymo/zeno/stamp etc variants?  Are people picking a system and then loctite/rocksett the can to the adapter so it doesn't unthread?

2) It looks like going to one of the QD systems is going to add back significant length/weight, so you might be back where you started in terms of those metrics?  Or are you still ahead?

Right off I'd be leery of direct threading either the can to the adapter or the adapter to the barrel constantly, as it would seem to offer too many opportunities to cross thread/wear/jack something up, but it would seem by far the lightest/shortest solution.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
Just saw this thread... I'm very intrigued.  I have an old SDN-6 that I use a lot still; it is currently my only .30 can so most of my 300blk goes through it.

However, it is big and heavy, so a weight/length/gassy reduction would be awesome.

Bear with me as these are probably a couple very dumb questions, but I've never used the new mounting system this would come with and have done just enough looking to be dangerous:

1) What keeps the body of the can from unthreading from your adapter of choice, such as the one that comes with it: https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/flange-indexing-direct-thread-adapters/   or, the keymo/zeno etc variants?  Are people picking a system and then loctite/rocksett the can to the adapter so it doesn't unthread?

2) It looks like going to one of the QD systems is going to add back significant length/weight, so you might be back where you started in terms of those metrics?  Or are you still ahead?

Right off I'd be leery of direct threading either the can to the adapter or the adapter to the barrel constantly, as it would seem to offer too many opportunities to cross thread/wear/jack something up, but it would seem by far the lightest/shortest solution.
View Quote

I put a little plumbers tape on threads at the front of my 51T STAMP adapter to keep the can itself from unthreading from the adapter while firing.

The STAMP adds back some length, but I think I'm still ahead weight wise and the real gain is in the significant reduction in backpressure, in my opinion.

I had the SDN-6/R7 out yesterday on my 6.5C AR10 and while I did not have to adjust the adjustable gas block for LRBHO like I did on my 6.5G AR15, the brass came out far less sooty than when I initially got the rifle setup to run with the SDN-6 a few years ago.

I haven't run it on my 300BO upper yet, but I expect that upper, with it's pistol length gas port location, will really benefit from the reduced backpressure.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#27]

I put a little plumbers tape on threads at the front of my 51T STAMP adapter to keep the can itself from unthreading from the adapter while firing.

The STAMP adds back some length, but I think I'm still ahead weight wise and the real gain is in the significant reduction in backpressure, in my opinion.

I had the SDN-6/R7 out yesterday on my 6.5C AR10 and while I did not have to adjust the adjustable gas block for LRBHO like I did on my 6.5G AR15, the brass came out far less sooty than when I initially got the rifle setup to run with the SDN-6 a few years ago.

I haven't run it on my 300BO upper yet, but I expect that upper, with it's pistol length gas port location, will really benefit from the reduced backpressure.
View Quote

Thanks... I would not have thought that sort of tape could stand up to the heat.

Looks like I'd either have to commit to the Stamp mount ($250, ouch) or switch systems and swap all my muzzle devices.
I'd probably look at the later and converting to a better? system than the 51T.

Will need to do some research.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I already have several uppers with 51t mounts.  It would be pretty cool if they could do the rebuild making it lighter, shorter, and less back pressure, but leave the original 51t mount.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
I already have several uppers with 51t mounts.  It would be pretty cool if they could do the rebuild making it lighter, shorter, and less back pressure, but leave the original 51t mount.
View Quote

That's why they made this:

https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/51t-s-t-a-m-p-mount/
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 7:02:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

That's why they made this:

https://advanced-armament.com/shop/accessories/adapters/51t-s-t-a-m-p-mount/
View Quote
Which adds weight, length, and costs another $250.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 11:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#31]
Just got my RMA, and sending it off today.
Took some exact measurements to compare later.

Weight with no mount:  22.4oz
5/8ths 51T 3 prong:  4.2oz
Total system 26.6oz

WOOF

The stock number I can find for the SDN-6 online is 19.85oz.  I don't recall weighing mine when it was new, so maybe it's picked up 2.5oz of crud in just under 4k rounds I've shot through it.

I'll weigh all the new stuff when it comes in, but the mfg numbers are 3.0oz for the adapter, and 17.2oz for the can, so 20.2oz plus a (hopefully lighter) muzzle device.. call it ~23oz total.
Not a huge weight reduction, but it's something.

Length, I'm guessing will be close enough with the adapter installed to be basically a wash, but 7" for the can now with the built in 51T.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Total system 26.6oz

WOOF

The stock number I can find for the SDN-6 online is 19.85oz.  I don't recall weighing mine when it was new, so maybe it's picked up 2.5oz of crud in just under 4k rounds I've shot through it.

I'll weigh all the new stuff when it comes in, but the mfg numbers are 3.0oz for the adapter, and 17.2oz for the can, so 20.2oz plus a (hopefully lighter) muzzle device.. call it ~23oz total.

Length, I'm guessing will be close enough with the adapter installed to be basically a wash, but 7" for the can now with the built in 51T.
View Quote

My rebuilt SDN-6 to R7 def lost a little length, even with the STAMP mount installed, based on the Burnproof Gear cover that was sized for the old SDN-6 hanging over each end a good bit now. I'd guess I'm 3/4-1" shorter, but the reduced blowback and the ability to use the HUB mounts are the real game changers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#33]

My rebuilt SDN-6 to R7 def lost a little length, even with the STAMP mount installed, based on the Burnproof Gear cover that was sized for the old SDN-6 hanging over each end a good bit now. I'd guess I'm 3/4-1" shorter, but the reduced blowback and the ability to use the HUB mounts are the real game changers.
View Quote

Nice.. glad to hear.
Do you have a 5.56 front end cap?
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice.. glad to hear.
View All Quotes

Nice.. glad to hear.

I do not. I've always just used the SDN-6 on .30, 6.5, and 5.56 semi-automatic rifles and I don't see the gains via a slightly smaller exit aperture to be worth the money. I'm also sure I'd eventually forget to swap out the 5.56 to a .30cal at some point and end up with two .30cal sized end caps
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#35]
That second point at least might be a good one for sure.

I plan to stick to my surefire(s) for vast majority of 5.56 anyway, but figured it might be nice to compare them apples to apples on a very similar gun.
Probably not worth it for whatever the 5.56 endcap costs, which I'm guessing isn't quite free.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Has anyone experiencing some back pressure from their AAC cans? I just got my Ranger 7 and did a light run at the range. I got stuck with a range nazi RO that day. So that kinda of ruining my day again.

I was testing my host guns with the can to see if there was any issues running between two calibers 556 and 300. I noticed my 300 host was running a bit more dirtier than the 556 hosts. I'm not sure if the type of powder in the ammo was loaded or the suppressor was working  as advertised.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Neat - I sent my M42k back to AAC at the start of the month; it's now on it's way back to me already.  Way faster than I was expecting.

Seriously, that was money I was hoping to spend on Black Friday deals, not on getting my can back so fast

Oh well, I'll take it anyway

On the upshot, it means on Thanksgiving weekend I should be able to try it out...
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:31:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#38]

Total system 26.6oz

WOOF

View Quote

Just got it back and out of the box.
With the direct thread adapter installed, it is 15.8oz and 6.25" .  Shorter and lighter than what is listed for Ranger 7 specs on AAC's website.

Setting the dual lok adapter next to it, it appears it is going to be almost exactly the same length as before; possibly even 1/4" longer.  However, it appears the weight reduction is going to be significant, and hopefully the backpressure as well.
If it didn't still say SDN-6 on it, I would think it is a brand new can.  All wear marks are gone through a refinish of some sort, and looking into the baffle stack with a light, it is all shiny new.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it clamped hard enough to get the direct thread adapter out without damaging anything... Edit... opposing strap wrench on the body and socket on the adapter got them apart.

However, it seems I have another big problem... the Dual Lok adapter stops hard about halfway into the AAC can.  It appears the extended lip on the adapter is contacting a ridge in the body of the can.

Will need to see if there is a solution here
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Will they simply replace a work M4-2K latch?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:
View Quote

Possibly/probably - you should be able to contact them and ask...can't hurt, worst case they say no, and try to upsell you on the Ranger 5 upgrade

Speaking of, due to a logistical issue...don't know if I'm gonna get my can back this week, sigh. Was really hoping to get it out to the range over the weekend and try it out (along with some other things) but alas...

I can't complain too much; they did turn it around in like 2 weeks, so it's still "early"
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

My understanding is that they still do replace latches.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Now that's a lot more tempting to spend the money on. Can't wait to see how they test.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:06:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#43]

With the direct thread adapter installed, it is 15.8oz and 6.25" .  Shorter and lighter than what is listed for Ranger 7 specs on AAC's website.

Setting the dual lok adapter next to it, it appears it is going to be almost exactly the same length as before; possibly even 1/4" longer.  However, it appears the weight reduction is going to be significant, and hopefully the backpressure as well.
If it didn't still say SDN-6 on it, I would think it is a brand new can.  All wear marks are gone through a refinish of some sort, and looking into the baffle stack with a light, it is all shiny new.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it clamped hard enough to get the direct thread adapter out without damaging anything... Edit... opposing strap wrench on the body and socket on the adapter got them apart.

However, it seems I have another big problem... the Dual Lok adapter stops hard about halfway into the AAC can.  It appears the extended lip on the adapter is contacting a ridge in the body of the can.
View All Quotes

Total system 26.6oz

WOOF

Want to send my 762-SDN-6 in for the fix.

Did you get a 51t Stamp mount with the restoration work to your can? …  I have several rifles set up with AAC 51t FHs. That’s why I’m asking.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Did you get a 51t Stamp mount with the restoration work to your can? …  I have several rifles set up with AAC 51t FHs. That’s why I’m asking.
View Quote

It comes back with a direct thread adapter and .30cal front cap.
STAMP mount will be separate.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Total system 26.6oz

WOOF

No, but if you ask, I'm pretty sure they'll cut you a deal on one when you send yours in for work. FWIW, the price is on-par with other HUB adapters when they're on sale with other vendors (like a Dead Air KeyMo, etc).
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Also, additional measured weights:

Can only with front cap and no adapter:  13.4oz
AAC's direct thread adapter:  2.4oz
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Today I learned that my rebuilt Ranger 7 supposedly has a removable front endcap.

Any hints on how to remove it (politely) or how to get a 6.5 or .22 front cap for it? I don't see anything listed on their site.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Amish_Bill:
Today I learned that my rebuilt Ranger 7 supposedly has a removable front endcap.

Any hints on how to remove it (politely) or how to get a 6.5 or .22 front cap for it? I don't see anything listed on their site.
View Quote

I used just their regular flash hider tool on my rebuilt 556-SD to get the front cap off. I would call and just ask if they sold the end cap they use for the Ranger 5 and I don't see why they wouldnt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#49]
If you're a SDN-6 or 762SD owner and are contemplating the restoration program...now's the time.

advancedarmamentco
Since it’s the giving season. Starting now til Monday 11/27 at 11:59pm, for 30 caliber only!! Email [email protected] with the code “BFresto” and get 25% off the regular price of a restomod! This is for 30 calibers only!

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

$75 to replace the latch.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top