Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#1]
……..
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:42:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: peachy] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vincentvega6:

IIRC the only one doing printed shit out of inconel was delta P and they stopped "civilian" sales for a long time.
View Quote

CGS

ETA: Sig too I think
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 11:45:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#3]
……...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#4]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

SiCo Velos LBP 5.56 can has 3D printed inconel stack.

Asking questions rustled something, lol.  Even Reddit/NFA moved upwind to be stalked.
View Quote

Yeah, avoidance of questions gave me a “I’ll wait 3-5 years before I even consider one” kinda opinion. When people refuse to answer direct questions, it gives me a FOS vibe. Then the foreign IP thing, and the shilling, and the idea that they are only doing the marketing and design in house, maybe from a great distance, tells me to let someone else beta test this thing.

I could have gotten past the annoyingly manic childishness, had actual answers been included.

Thanks to the dudes that provided info. I like looking at patent drawings, but I suck at digging them up, so I’ll be lurking here in case someone finds the patent for the DMLS version.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By peachy:

CGS

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IIRC the only one doing printed shit out of inconel was delta P and they stopped "civilian" sales for a long time.

CGS

Delta P never really even took of in government circles either ... just saying ... they had some out in the wild but in veeeery small numbers ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC is printing inconel cans and muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]

CGS

View All Quotes

CGS

The DD Wave was 3d printed using a combination of SS, Inconel and Ti
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be interested to see how these do, not a fan of the Gorrilla marketing strategy, seen it too many times and the product and idea was crap. Remember the Non SBR Short Barrel AR, think it was Franklin Armory that made that one.

Anyways if their product and IP are really that good this will be cool. Like others said I will hold out until we get some solid reviews on these. Look forward to hearing more about them though?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

View Quote

DD Wave sucked!
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

DD Wave sucked!
View All Quotes

DD Wave sucked!

That's my understanding. That's probably why it died a quiet (no pun intended), lonely death and DD's new cans are made by KGM. Wonder if they're having the same manufacturing issues that DA is having.

The point being, they were 3d printing with a combination of materials, to include Inconel, years ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#12]

That's my understanding. That's probably why it died a quiet (no pun intended), lonely death and DD's new cans are made by KGM. Wonder if they're having the same manufacturing issues that DA is having.

The point being, they were 3d printing with a combination of materials, to include Inconel, years ago.
View All Quotes

DD Wave sucked!

Yeah .. 3D inconel is nothing new ...
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
KAC is printing inconel cans and muzzle devices.
View Quote

KAC demands a king’s ransom.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 4:11:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
They're getting rid of the bots.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HansohnBrothers:
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
Looks like they are purging all their IG followers. Down to 3553 now
They're getting rid of the bots.

Yup. So far I’m still following.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Models:

ODB (7.62 Surge Bypass)
SR (.22)
JL (7.62 Bolt)
WB (5.56 Surge Bypass)
SC (9mm)
SP (45ACP)
DITO (.46)
MOB (.36)
BBK (8.6mm)

Best of luck to them ... lets see how they go ... still would like to get confirmation on who they actually are though ...
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#20]

Added this to the OP.

When I go to the website half of the links do not actually do anything or show the product just some cartoon cats or ppl and goofy names. Seems pretty lame thus far.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:49:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#21]
……..
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Added this to the OP.

When I go to the website half of the links do not actually do anything or show the product just some cartoon cats and goofy names.
View Quote

Each time I’ve visited the site it seems like it is at least marginally more functional and complete than the time before. It seems that they’re updating it throughout the day.

I do find it interesting that their FAQ says they won’t ever tell us who they belong to, but at the bottom of the page it says that they are a WRD Proprietary brand.

The fact that they also make an inconel/titanium suppressor cleaning chemical is interesting. I wonder how well it will work in practice, especially given the price. Pricing seems to be in line with Huxwrx/OSS (maybe even less as CAT is quoting their price including tax stamp and Huxwrx’s MSRP isn’t inclusive of stamp). I hope street prices are also comparable.

I’m still not fond of their marketing, but that’s not a dealbreaker. I do think it may harm them if/when they seek contracts with LE, but they do seem generally primarily focused on the consumer market.

All in all, interesting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting specs at OK prices (all mounting options sold separately though), absolutely cringe website and marketing.

Unless these do something interesting that no one else does, hard pass.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I personally won’t support a company that supports feral cats fucking the world up. This is just another “trust me bro. Don’t tell anyone bro. Please bro we’re super secret for now bro!” Company.  Literally no one has heard of them even in tier 1 and ultra top secret super programs. Someone at CGS got played.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#26]
I'm probably in the minority but a 3d printed suppressor just doesn't really interest me.

I understand the design benefits to it but they never really gave me the long term durability feeling. (not just the company every 3D printed suppressor)

If you get a baffle strike are you just SOL?

I haven't seen anyone speak on the cutting and adding back too 3D can if there was a massive failure. And maybe it can be done.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#27]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm probably in the minority but a 3d printed suppressor just doesn't really interest me.

I understand the design benefits to it but they never really gave me the long term durability feeling. (not just the company every 3D printed suppressor)

If you get a baffle strike are you just SOL?

I haven't seen anyone speak on the cutting and adding back too 3D can if there was a massive failure. And maybe it can be done.
View Quote

Silencerco and Hux have both spoken about that, and it seems that it can be done.

I guess this rumor will live for decades.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:23:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#29]
That website and marketing is absolutely cringe and totally speaks of adolescence who aren't truly professionals ... makes me want to vomit ...

These dudes have not operated in the vast for too long ... 2021 ...

Unless this is a shell company for another larger group ... this smells a bit ... and quite frankly ... can't believe CGS is onboard with this ... that said ... their cans do look good ... but I have a really hard time taking them seriously .... I do not see how they are an established .mil contractor ...

https://sgpgrid.com/company-details/wain-research-development-pte-ltd

Their website has NOTHING

https://wainresearch.com/
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#30]
So their marketing is that they are super bad ass black ops folks who are super duper high speed…out of Singapore…which is notorious for being a country where Chinese companies go to pretend to not be Chinese companies?

Yeah, consider me more than skeptical.  If anyone gets taken by these guys, just know all the warning signs are there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

Silencerco and Hux have both spoken about that, and it seems that it can be done.

I guess this rumor will live for decades.
View Quote

Thats great if so.

Guess if you have a catastrophic failure and it fractures the serial number portion I guess you SOL. Same goes for normal production cans tho.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UMP45_Enthusiast] [#32]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
So their marketing is that they are super bad ass black ops folks who are super duper high speed…out of Singapore…which is notorious for being a country where Chinese companies go to pretend to not be Chinese companies?

Yeah, consider me more than skeptical.  If anyone gets taken by these guys, just know all the warning signs are there.
View Quote

Not to mention the post spam feels like a bot more than a person on top of some posts looking like they came straight out of google translate lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#33]
@green0
@griffin_armament
@Atlmike
@mageever

Have any of yall seen, have done, or can show proof of a 3d printed can being printed back on after a failure?  

Honest question not trying to start a "I got ya" BS.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#34]
@green0
@griffin_armament
@Atlmike
@mageever

Have any of yall seen, have done, or can show proof of a 3d printed can being printed back on after a failure?  

Honest question not trying to start a "I got ya" BS.
View Quote

You’re drifting the thread.  Might be worth a new thread.  Huxwrx specifically said they could “re core” after damage.  They didn’t say reprint etc.  I’m sure there are any number of ways to repair a printed can.  A little creativity goes a long way.

Reach out to their customer service and ask them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I think CGS along with others have taken that Chinese bait and money ... kind of glad I haven't bought any CGS products ...
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#36]

You’re drifting the thread.  Might be worth a new thread.  Huxwrx specifically said they could “re core” after damage.  They didn’t say reprint etc.  I’m sure there are any number of ways to repair a printed can.  A little creativity goes a long way.

Reach out to their customer service and ask them.
View Quote

No its a legitimate question.

Asking the top industry guys how its done and showing proof is in line with a thread about the greatest 3d printed suppressors to ever be produced.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#37]
On Reddit they rolled out a pistol barrel that basically has EZ-LOK integrally built in with a complimentary piston. No adaptor needed with the benefits of the taper.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#39]

That's the "Screw You" for $379

https://specterscat.com/product/cat-sy/
View Quote

That product alone has started to make me like them. I’ve asked about this idea before and been told it wouldn’t work for one reason or another.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#40]

That product alone has started to make me like them. I’ve asked about this idea before and been told it wouldn’t work for one reason or another.
View Quote

I’m not sure why anyone would have told you it wouldn’t work. The M16x1LH and M13.5x1LH already have a small tapered section. The CAT version just seems to have a much more pronounced taper.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Unless I'm reading it wrong, did anyone else see the patent that looks like there is a reflex portion over the barrel that vents back into the handguard towards the user. That might be one way they are getting their decimal numbers down.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By SkyCatII:

I’m not sure why anyone would have told you it wouldn’t work. The M16x1LH and M13.5x1LH already have a small tapered section. The CAT version just seems to have a much more pronounced taper.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkyCatII:

Yeah I don’t know why this hasn’t been done before.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#43]

That's the "Screw You" for $379

https://specterscat.com/product/cat-sy/
View Quote

Thats actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#44]
……..
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:19:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#45]
……..
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#46]

That’s a potential trade off of both 3D-printed and tubeless-welded stacks.

‘Old school’ tube & discrete baffle designs could have been repaired/upgraded by aftermarket craftsmen like Ecco Machine and Curtis Tactical.  That maintainability characteristic tends to evaporate in most technologies as costs are driven down from general machining to mass produced approaches.  It’s going to happen at some point.
View Quote

EA has the serial numbered ring that might make a lot of sense in conjunction with 3D printing. Just cutoff the 3D printed baffle stack and weld on a new one. Even without a dedicated ring, it seems like that would be feasible with more intelligent SN placement near the base. If they engraved circumferentially near the base rather than axially along the length of the suppressor tube, it would be almost unimaginable to damage the SN.

Even if the manufacturer went out of business, could someone like ECCO just cutoff the baffle stack and weld on a tubeless baffle stack if you somehow damaged your 3D printed can (assuming the SN were undamaged)?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#47]

That’s a potential trade off of both 3D-printed and tubeless-welded stacks.

‘Old school’ tube & discrete baffle designs could have been repaired/upgraded by aftermarket craftsmen like Ecco Machine and Curtis Tactical.  That maintainability characteristic tends to evaporate in most technologies as costs are driven down from general machining to mass produced approaches.  It’s going to happen at some point.
View Quote

With the way SiCo handled construction of the Velos, I could still see aftermarket jailbreaking and the like still being viable.

There’s no reason an Ecco couldn’t pop off the printed baffle stack and replace it with a conventional one.  Hell, as 3D printers continue to advance, maybe a small shop could even find it viable to print new stacks altogether. Either way, I bet Ecco could hack off the front of a Hux and weld on a new tube with baffles today.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#48]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I think it’s a question we shouldn’t press or concern ourselves with so long as the objects in question are replaced and functional without government agents coming to retrieve it years down the line.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Green0:

They do additive to existing objects in turbofan repair processes.  But that's super expensive stuff- like the fan rings wear, and they additive apply material back onto them (EBM or other process) and then machine back to size and re-balance.  

It's not inexpensive - I would bet it costs more than total system replacement on a suppressor. The turbofans are incredibly expensive so they warrant repair as a cost saving technique, and also sometimes the parts need to be in operation, and these methods speed repair vs making out of production parts.  

I would imagine for Hux, they are talking about EDMing the core out of a unit, and then sleeve and weld a core in the unit- which essentially isn't the same can anymore, because the original was printed together like a structural I beam- the tube was connected the the core all over.  There is no way to reconnect that.  This is another way the ATF regs aren't really functional.  Replacement of the unit with another of the same number should be ok vis a vi destroying the original, but it's not so manufacturers have an onus to attempt great efforts to repair inside the rules. Like EDM'ing the core out and welding a core in that isn't attached in the same manner as the original as with the flow unit.  

I'm only guessing a method, as I don't know what HUX is talking about, but the number is part of the monolithic unit, so somehow the core would have to be extricable to replace it.
View Quote

Thank you for providing some info on the subject. Makes sense.
Page / 16
CAT suppressors Vol.2 (Page 3 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top