Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:06:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

I am at 5 days, I am not sure whats worse. Months of wait, then a surprise email saying I am allowed to have it, or an email saying you can have it now you have to wait.
View Quote
Personally I prefer to have the ATF approval over and done as quickly as possible. After that, no more worry that there will be a govt shutdown or you'll be denied over a stupid typo or something and have to start all over again from square one.

With the CA process back end wait, you know you'll get the can, it's just a matter of wading through the appropriate amount of red tape.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Day 13 since CLEO sent.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have purchased 11 cans from CA in the last 14 months and my most recent order will likely be my last. With the quick turnaround times from the ATF, the long wait for the CLEO notification is a killer for me. This is not a condemnation of the service CA provides as I have always thought their folks are absolutely awesome! But if I can order from my local SOT and pick it up at approval, that is a big bonus for me. For context, I have purchased two cans since the ATF recent change with how they handle applications and both of those Form 4s were approved in under 31 hours.

The one area where I wish CA could improve, at least for WVians, is the dealer that they use in Princeton, WV to finalize fulfillment. I realize these FFLs are separate entities and it is difficult for CA to have much leverage, but the dealer in WV is not exactly diligent in getting my shipments to UPS. Of my 6 - 7 shipments that I have received from CA, I believe only two have actually shipped on the expected shipping date. The others have been 2 - 4 days after. In one instance, with one of my earlier shipments, I reached out to CA to make sure there was no issue as the can did not ship as expected. CA reached out to the dealer who told CA that he dropped the can off. This was concerning as UPS said they did not have the shipment. I reached back out to CA the next day after tracking had not updated and CA, again, reached out to the local dealer. The dealer this time told CA they were going to take the shipment to UPS at that time... the same shipment they said they dropped off the day before. I generally try to give the benefit of doubt but I really do not like dishonesty, especially when it comes to NFA items.

My most recent order was supposed to ship today from Princeton, WV. I checked the tracking a few moments ago and, similar to previous orders, it did not ship. So I have to assume that FFL will eventually get to it tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday and I may get it before the weekend. Pretty frustrating.

All that said, the CA folks in Austin are fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierra5] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Does the shipment have to go to your house or can you send it to your work?  It was supposed to ship last week and instead shipped today, and now I’m not going to be around the house…….

Edit, I see above some of the same issues.
View Quote

I think it has to go to the address on your ID. That being said sign up for UPS My Choice and you can have some control over the delivery. Just have them hold it at a UPS store and get on your way home.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:44:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Are there any current CA discount codes?  The NFA Review code doesn't appear to work anymore.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:00:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sjoerdvan] [#8]
From the day of ordering to ATF approval to delivery was 33 days. Not bad I say, not bad CA made it a super easy process!

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:
Does the shipment have to go to your house or can you send it to your work?  It was supposed to ship last week and instead shipped today, and now I’m not going to be around the house…….

Edit, I see above some of the same issues.
View Quote

If it’s shipped UPS, you can get an upgraded UPS account for $20 / year and have them hold shipments at the depot.

I travel for work too and didn’t want my cans delivered while I was out of town.

For $20, the control over all your UPS packages is worth it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the email, cleo got the notification. Now to just wait the 7 days and shipping.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
Day 13 since CLEO sent.
View Quote

Who is LEO for your area?

Today is 7 days for me since it was sent
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#12]
Out for delivery purchased 3/30
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KeepTheChnge:

Who is LEO for your area?

Today is 7 days for me since it was sent
View Quote

Broward sheriffs office is who I chose to use.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered my in stock Silencer Co Switchback on 3/24 and was dropped off today 5/1. A day early actually. Reasonably painless process and my first one from CA. Lost a week certifying my e-form 4 due to working 16 hour days and no computer access during their available hours. With the quick approval times (this one was 3 day ATF approval) the wait for CLEO notification and shipping was a bit of a pain. During the wait, I picked up 2 more suppressors through my LGS. One form 3 transfer (10 days total) and one in stock (2 days total). Probably won't use CA again unless it's a smoking good deal or can't be found anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:28:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#16]
Originally Posted By HammerTech:
Ordered my in stock Silencer Co Switchback on 3/24 and was dropped off today 5/1. A day early actually. Reasonably painless process and my first one from CA. Lost a week certifying my e-form 4 due to working 16 hour days and no computer access during their available hours. With the quick approval times (this one was 3 day ATF approval) the wait for CLEO notification and shipping was a bit of a pain. During the wait, I picked up 2 more suppressors through my LGS. One form 3 transfer (10 days total) and one in stock (2 days total). Probably won't use CA again unless it's a smoking good deal or can't be found anywhere else.
View Quote
If you have a good local SOT, that's the way to go. Support your LGS.

Some SOTs still struggle with eForms. Or there is one guy in the shop that can do it but he's only in during working hours on Tuesdays that coincide with a blue moon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#17]
Got to give a shout out to CA, especially with the seeming surge in suppressor sales due to quick approvals.
Wanted to try an El Camino on my 15-22, local dealer can't get any. Silencer shop had them cheaper than CA, CA didn't price match 100% but got damn close.

So El Camino
Ordered 05/03/24
Signed 5/03/24
Approved 05/08/03
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Day 13 since CLEO sent.
View Quote

CLEO notification received.
7 day has begun.
Possibly a tad sooner just not notified sooner.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought another one.
Digisign email was less than a day and certify was following day.
Much faster.
People may be running out of money lol.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#20]
Bought another one.
Much faster.
View Quote

I need to stop but I can’t. Love the nearly instant gratification( by NFA standards)
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Another 30 day from click to buy > sign for at my door.
Stamp approved in 5 days (over the weekend)
Individual with EFT. I usually use my trust but wanted to see just how fast it could go. Is there an option to use a 24 month exception single RP to see if it can go a little faster to a trust? I'm getting Form 1 SBR's back in less than 10 days using them myself.
Certifying on the phone was 20 minutes and efficient.
Other than using a local SOT with in stock cans, this was a more efficient process than using SS recently has been.
I'm guess the whole process might even be quicker once the gold rush slows down a bit but maybe not when everything is back in stock.
Would use again. 100%
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought another one.
Much faster.
View Quote

Same here. I certified around noon EST today and it wasn't bad. 8 other people in the queue. Maybe 20 minutes total on the phone. The certification and submission went smoothly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#23]
My experience was great. Got a good deal, instructions made it easy enough, 2 day ATF approval, and 25 days total from order to receipt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:01:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#24]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
My experience was great. Got a good deal, instructions made it easy enough, 2 day ATF approval, and 25 days total from order to receipt.
View Quote

Congrats!

I hope mine goes as quickly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RamaSita] [#25]
Well, Capitol Armory called(left a message)and the Dead Air Mask I ordered was actually FDE not black. They listed black but actually had FDE in stock, not black.
I have no need for FDE and I'm wondering how easy would it be to have the tube cerakoted.
Could I get that done for <$100?
First suppressor too. Damn it.
WWYD?
I'll be calling back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I am on day 2 of waiting from a shipping notice, Cleo 7 day waiting period expired on the 6th per the email from CA. I hope the guy in Maryland is not one of those that sits on em for a week before he ships.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:23:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RamaSita] [#27]
Capitol says they will cerakote a FDE mask black free of charge to correct the mixup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RamaSita:
Capitol says they will cerakote a FDE mask black free of charge to correct the mixup.
View Quote

Nice!  Kudos to CA for the great CS.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I am on day 2 of waiting from a shipping notice, Cleo 7 day waiting period expired on the 6th per the email from CA. I hope the guy in Maryland is not one of those that sits on em for a week before he ships.
View Quote

Bummer.  Mine was in the mail the same day, but they are a known to be awesome FFL/SOT.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, got my CLEO notification on 4/29 and still waiting on a tracking number.

CA has been great but overall the extra wait time is annoying versus silencer shop or similar.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By walldj45:
Yeah, got my CLEO notification on 4/29 and still waiting on a tracking number.

CA has been great but overall the extra wait time is annoying versus silencer shop or similar.
View Quote

If I hit 7 days with no tracking info, CA is getting an email or call from me. Maybe several of each.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#32]

If I hit 7 days with no tracking info, CA is getting an email or call from me. Maybe several of each.
View Quote

Sign up for UPS MyChoice. It is a free service that will provide you all tracking numbers that have been set up to be delivered to your address. I typically get my tracking number from MyChoice before I receive it from CA.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#33]
05/03 (Friday) was the end of the 7 day wait time for me, and I received the preparing to ship email from CA that included the tracking number.

UPS did not receive the package until Monday 05/06 which was expected due to the weekend.

It was just delivered a little bit ago

I had a great experience throughout the process.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: docslester] [#34]
Ordered my first "to your door" from CA last Friday. Everything was going smooth until today. Got email and called per instructions to "Certify". Then it went to

shit thanks to our wonderful ATF "upgrading" their E form site a bit back. I'm a "II". All Jr.'s, II's, III's, etc won't go through. CA is aware and says they're

bugging the ATF daily on their progress fixing it. Of course with the efficiency of that wonderful agency who knows now.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By docslester:
Ordered my first "to your door" from CA last Friday. Everything was going smooth until today. Got email and called per instructions to "Certify". Then it went to

shit thanks to our wonderful ATF "upgrading" their E form site a bit back. I'm a "II". All Jr.'s, II's, III's, etc won't go through. CA is aware and says they're

bugging the ATF daily on their progress fixing it. Of course with the efficiency of that wonderful agency who knows now.

View Quote

I Feel your pain.i been waiting for a Polonium to come back in stock was getting ready to pull the trigger today. then I heard about the ATF upgrade. I am a Jr also. so I will just hold out and wait a month to see when hey get it fixed. I did get 3 cans from brown today. great service as always. 8 cans from them and I don't think I can go back local.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#36]
Originally Posted By ishootglocks:
05/03 (Friday) was the end of the 7 day wait time for me, and I received the preparing to ship email from CA that included the tracking number.

UPS did not receive the package until Monday 05/06 which was expected due to the weekend.

It was just delivered a little bit ago

I had a great experience throughout the process.
View Quote

Nope no email with tracking, nothing on the CA portal, just an expected ship date of 5-6. Crickets.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Nope no email with tracking, nothing on the CA portal, just an expected ship date of 5-6. Crickets.
View Quote

Same exact dates.  Guessing they're just busy with all the approvals.  I'll be patient and bug them in a couple days if nothing has changed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Bought April 11, arrived at my door today.

My shipping notification was May 3, but it didn't start moving until May 7 due to the weekend.

Overall a really good experience.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:56:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Overall, I’m really happy with my experiences with CA to-your-door.

Great selection, reasonable prices, smooth paperwork and good communication so far on each of my transactions with them.

Only real complaint is the time it’s taking to get them in my hands. This last one I just received took 28 days from approval to delivery.

When the ATF took 6 months to a year to approve another month didn’t seem so long to get it delivered but now that approvals are taking hours or days it makes me more anxious to get it in my hands ASAP.

I’m not faulting CA and will definitely deal with them (and Griffin Armory through them)   in the future as getting the time to get to my LGS never seems to work out and then I’m at the mercy of their on hand stock which lately hasn’t been much.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigtex84] [#40]
I’m almost three weeks for my CLEO approval.  So I called and they said that my CLEO didn’t sign for the letter and they would have to send another and it would be another two weeks.  Mind you I had to call them to figure this out.  

I asked what would happen if they didn’t sign for it again what would happen.  They said they had to get a signature and they couldn’t send me the can until then.  It’s been over a month since my form 4 was approved.

I bought a  can from silencer shop around the same time.  It was disapproved resubmitted and approved in a faster time than this process. I would assume SilencerShop has to send the same paperwork to the Cleo as well.  Until they can figure this out I’m going to be sticking with SilencerShop or my LGS.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bigtex84:
I’m almost three weeks for my CLEO approval.  So I called and they said that my CLEO didn’t sign for the letter and they would have to send another and it would be another two weeks.  Mind you I had to call them to figure this out.  

I asked what would happen if they didn’t sign for it again what would happen.  They said they had to get a signature and they couldn’t send me the can until then.  It’s been over a month since my form 4 was approved.

I bought a  can from silencer shop around the same time.  It was disapproved resubmitted and approved in a faster time than this process. I would assume SilencerShop has to send the same paperwork to the Cleo as well.  Until they can figure this out I’m going to be sticking with SilencerShop or my LGS.
View Quote

SS doesn’t have to send the same paperwork to the CLEO because they use a different process.  With SS, you are picking up the can from a local shop, and are filing out a 4473 form when you pick up the can in-store.  The CA process is required because you aren’t picking up the can in store and filing out a 4473 in person.  The process, which is set by the ATF, requires that a CLEO notification be sent by mail, and proof of receipt be received before the 7 day clock can start.  Aside from maybe selecting a different CLEO, there isn’t anything CA can do to make the CLEO accept the notification.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#42]
I just ordered two more from CA.  I’ve got a suppressor sitting at a local “powered by Silencer Shop” dealer, that I’ve been unable to get certified for weeks, due to some issue with SS.  I bet I’ll have the ones from CA before the one via the SS dealer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#43]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By willi3d:

SS doesn’t have to send the same paperwork to the CLEO because they use a different process.  With SS, you are picking up the can from a local shop, and are filing out a 4473 form when you pick up the can in-store.  The CA process is required because you aren’t picking up the can in store and filing out a 4473 in person.  The process, which is set by the ATF, requires that a CLEO notification be sent by mail, and proof of receipt be received before the 7 day clock can start.  Aside from maybe selecting a different CLEO, there isn’t anything CA can do to make the CLEO accept the notification.

CA used to recommend what CLEO to use (one that would reliably sign for the registered letter). In  my case it was the state police commandant.  Recently the ATF got their panties in a wad over that and now you have to use your local Sheriff or local City PD Chief (depending on jurisdiction).  If your local CLEO can't be bothered to sign for a registered letter, there is nothing CA can do about it and the ATF has tied their hands.

So FATF.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#44]
CA purchase was great,beat my other Silencers by a bunch during the O'Bummer years....14mos.

This one was 26 days in my hands from order date,ATF approval was 2 days,the rest of time was process time etc,longest wait was CLEO approval and shipping out the can.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:49:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#45]

View Quote

Day 5 of having the tracking info, but still not shipped by the ffl, as ups is still saying label created and the delivery date will be provided asap.

So I guess they ship it to the ffl and create the shipping label to us at the same time. And the shipping to us wont fill until the ffl drops it off to ups. So either its taking its time to get to the ffl, or he is taking his time to drop it off to ups.

eta the cleo 7 day expired on the 6th per CA.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Day 5 of having the tracking info, but still not shipped by the ffl, as ups is still saying label created and the delivery date will be provided asap.

So I guess they ship it to the ffl and create the shipping label to us at the same time. And the shipping to us wont fill until the ffl drops it off to ups. So either its taking its time to get to the ffl, or he is taking his time to drop it off to ups.

eta the cleo 7 day expired on the 6th per CA.
View Quote

CA stages the can at your local FFL so that it is ready to ship on the ship date. You are a week post-ship date; I would be on the phone with CA to see if they can reach out to your local FFL to light a fire.

I was in your shoes, but not as bad as a week, and reached out to CA. My local FFL assured CA they handed my can to UPS and my can was shipped. The next day, the can still was not in the UPS network. I called CA back and they reached back out to the local FFL who assured them he was taking the can to the UPS hub at that moment; the same can the FFL said was handed to UPS the day before...

CA is great -- stay in communication with them and they will get the can to you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#47]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:
My local FFL assured CA they handed my can to UPS and my can was shipped. The next day, the can still was not in the UPS network. I called CA back and they reached back out to the local FFL who assured them he was taking the can to the UPS hub at that moment; the same can the FFL said was handed to UPS the day before...
View Quote
 LOL. Gotta love when people change their story and catch themselves in a lie.

This is sort of the same issue SS has. SS has to deal with the local SOT on the front end, getting the can certified and the F4 submitted.  CA has to deal with a local on the back end, getting the can shipped.

Again, FATF.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

CA stages the can at your local FFL so that it is ready to ship on the ship date. You are a week post-ship date; I would be on the phone with CA to see if they can reach out to your local FFL to light a fire.

I was in your shoes, but not as bad as a week, and reached out to CA. My local FFL assured CA they handed my can to UPS and my can was shipped. The next day, the can still was not in the UPS network. I called CA back and they reached back out to the local FFL who assured them he was taking the can to the UPS hub at that moment; the same can the FFL said was handed to UPS the day before...

CA is great -- stay in communication with them and they will get the can to you.
View Quote

I messaged @Joshua_CapitolArmory we shall see, I maybe pleasantly surprised as I have messaged him before with a question and never got an answer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#49]

I messaged @Joshua_CapitolArmory we shall see, I maybe pleasantly surprised as I have messaged him before with a question and never got an answer.
View Quote

Did you email the [email protected] address?  They've always gotten back to me very quickly when I've emailed them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:

Did you email the [email protected] address?  They've always gotten back to me very quickly when I've emailed them.
View Quote

Just did.
Page / 19
Top Top