Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I bought my explorer 300 2 days ago, I got the email to do the finger print ( I have an ETF ) and setup up my profile yesterday morning, now silence ( not a pun ). Waiting to to the form 4 stuff, please CA don't forget about me.
View Quote

Same timeline I'm on.  I did the profile stuff/EFT/Picture today.  But I'm guessing I have to wait for the form 3 to clear, and the can to ship from griffin, before I get to the Form 4 stuff.  I just had 4 cans ship today to the local dealer from another place,  The Form 3's took 14 days.   Everything I've read about Capitol is worlds better than the "other guys" about the Form 4 timelines.  Having said that, I'd bet everyone is slammed right now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Same timeline I'm on.  I did the profile stuff/EFT/Picture today.  But I'm guessing I have to wait for the form 3 to clear, and the can to ship from griffin, before I get to the Form 4 stuff.  I just had 4 cans ship today to the local dealer from another place,  The Form 3's took 14 days.   Everything I've read about Capitol is worlds better than the "other guys" about the Form 4 timelines.  Having said that, I'd bet everyone is slammed right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I bought my explorer 300 2 days ago, I got the email to do the finger print ( I have an ETF ) and setup up my profile yesterday morning, now silence ( not a pun ). Waiting to to the form 4 stuff, please CA don't forget about me.

Well I just got the email to sign the form 4. Let's hope I am a quick approval, I have a up in and other nfa stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Well I just got the email to sign the form 4. Let's hope I am a quick approval, I have a up in and other nfa stuff.
View Quote

I literally just got the DocuSign email as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Got my docusign last night. Noticed they didn't include my SSN on the form 4, even though it was in my profile. That normal for Capitol? Someone said the you need it for a fast approval.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
Got my docusign last night. Noticed they didn't include my SSN on the form 4, even though it was in my profile. That normal for Capitol? Someone said the you need it for a fast approval.
View Quote

As long as it’s in eforms when you certify it should be good
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I noticed that as well but figured it was because I have a UP IN. I got the email to call tomorrow to certify my form 4. Let's hope for a fast approval.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#7]

I noticed that as well but figured it was because I have a UP IN. I got the email to call tomorrow to certify my form 4. Let's hope for a fast approval.
View Quote

Got my email to certify as well. I'll probably ask on the call.... I can't remember if the AFT has you input it on the certification page. I don't see a spot for it on my eforms account either.

That being said, I've never used it for regular NCIS checks nor NFA items. Never been delayed before either. So it maybe a mute point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Got my email to certify as well. I'll probably ask on the call.... I can't remember if the AFT has you input it on the certification page. I don't see a spot for it on my eforms account either.

That being said, I've never used it for regular NCIS checks nor NFA items. Never been delayed before either. So it maybe a mute point.
View Quote

You will have the option to update it when you go to certify. I have never had to change anything when I certify, but the boxes are not grayed out so I would assume changes can be made.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

You will have the option to update it when you go to certify. I have never had to change anything when I certify, but the boxes are not grayed out so I would assume changes can be made.
View Quote

Awesome, thank you for the info!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I just looked and it's like that for my Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop forms. Weird.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RS0802] [#11]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

I just looked and it's like that for my Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop forms. Weird.
View Quote

I asked CA about this and they mentioned it will appear on the forms that are submitted but will not appear on the forms they have online.  Reason given was privacy.  Who knows?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RS0802:

I asked CA about this and they mentioned it will appear on the forms that are submitted but will not appear on the forms they have online.  Reason given was privacy reasons.  Who knows?
View Quote

Okay good to know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been trying to hold out for the YHM Turbo T3 to come back into stock to buy one.  Was going to get it without the mount stuff to save that money but just noticed that they upped the price $50 while its been OOS so that sucks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:34:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#14]
Originally Posted By SlowTA:
I've been trying to hold out for the YHM Turbo T3 to come back into stock to buy one.  Was going to get it without the mount stuff to save that money but just noticed that they upped the price $50 while its been OOS so that sucks.
View Quote

NFA review channel on YouTube usually always has a promo code for Capitol Armory during his videos.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Got the approval email this morning. So 7ish days from submission to approval.
Now the wait for whatever else is required for them to ship it to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:42:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#16]

View Quote

Just submitted the form 4, at 10:42 am est 3/18/24. Lets see how long it takes.

edit to add not that I would try to cheat the system, well yes I would.

I just emailed the nics fbi address asking about my two trust form 4's submitted in dec '23 to make sure they where not on hold for some reason. I provided my upin, and even with that sometimes my BC takes 15 mins.

My thought is maybe I can shake the 2 old ones loose, plus if the process is all automated for requesting BC they may see this new one and release it back to the atf even faster.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Just submitted the form 4, at 10:42 am est 3/18/24. Lets see how long it takes.

edit to add not that I would try to cheat the system, well yes I would.

I just emailed the nics fbi address asking about my two trust form 4's submitted in dec '23 to make sure they where not on hold for some reason. I provided my upin, and even with that sometimes my BC takes 15 mins.

My thought is maybe I can shake the 2 old ones loose, plus if the process is all automated for requesting BC they may see this new one and release it back to the atf even faster.
View Quote

Mine went in 15 min after yours. I hope I beat you
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#18]
How long from ATF approval to Capitol sending out the 4473 or whatever the next step is?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#19]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
How long from ATF approval to Capitol sending out the 4473 or whatever the next step is?
View Quote

Earlier this month.

Approval 1
Approved 3/5
4473 completed 3/6
CLEO non over the counter notice mailed 3/8

Approvals 2 & 3
Approved 3/8
4473 completed 3/8
CLEO non over the counter notice mailed 3/11
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I just certified mine.  My first eform 4, hoping it beats my last paper form 4, at 11 months.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
well they got me for 2 more today, picked up a sparrow for a dedicated 22 bolt gun build and they finally got a turbo K in stock...no the question is do I get the resonator 2 thats back in stock to go with my K version I already have... I tried looking for coupon could not find one and my 4 tickets I had on my desk did not work cause it had been to long since my last 4 cans come in. :(  but I still stand by that you cannot surpass Capitol's service and products.  so now we start the wait to see if I will be lucky to get a fast turn around on these two.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Earlier this month.

Approval 1
Approved 3/5
4473 completed 3/6

Approvals 2 & 3
Approved 3/8
4473 completed 3/8
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

Earlier this month.

Approval 1
Approved 3/5
4473 completed 3/6

Approvals 2 & 3
Approved 3/8
4473 completed 3/8

Not too bad. Everything so far has been pretty quick.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By rmdye:
well they got me for 2 more today, picked up a sparrow for a dedicated 22 bolt gun build and they finally got a turbo K in stock...no the question is do I get the resonator 2 thats back in stock to go with my K version I already have... I tried looking for coupon could not find one and my 4 tickets I had on my desk did not work cause it had been to long since my last 4 cans come in. :(  but I still stand by that you cannot surpass Capitol's service and products.  so now we start the wait to see if I will be lucky to get a fast turn around on these two.

View Quote

@rmdye
GONFAREV is good for 5% off
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Mine went in 15 min after yours. I hope I beat you
View Quote

Thats mean, you probably will because I never get instant approval on nics checks it take 5 to 10 mins.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered a Reece 5k that was approved last week. Cleo notification sent today. So far the process has been very easy and painless.  I prefer this order process to having to go get the suppressor from a local dealer.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Just certified my Nomad L. The whole process so far has been fantastic. They got my prints Friday, had them uploaded same day. Everything was ready to certify yesterday, but it was a Sunday. Just got off the phone from certifying and it was the fastest certification process I have been through. Longest part was the hold time (I was third in line) which was maybe 10 mins but that that the whole thing took 5 mins.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Welp, order in for a Rugged Oculus.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Thats mean, you probably will because I never get instant approval on nics checks it take 5 to 10 mins.
View Quote

That's crazy. I've never had anything but instant. Even buying shit during the covid rush. I'm willing to guess they put ours in the same batch to the FBI
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#29]
How long from signing the Form 4 to certification?

I’m at over two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Gthirteen:

I’m at over two weeks.
View Quote

I signed on the 15th, and certified today.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#31]

I’m at over two weeks.
View Quote

Are you sure your need to certify email did not go to spam? Have you logged into the tools.capitolarmory.com site to check the status? You may need to give them a call tomorrow as two weeks is definitely not the norm.

The longest I have ever went from signing the Form 4 to cert is 2 days.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

It’s there when you fill in your info on the RP page
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Are you sure your need to certify email did not go to spam? Have you logged into the tools.capitolarmory.com site to check the status? You may need to give them a call tomorrow as two weeks is definitely not the norm.

View All Quotes

I’m at over two weeks.

No "certify" email received.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#34]
After approval, I got the link to fill out the 4473, which I did. Then I got an email saying that it was sent to CLEO and I would get another email when the suppressor was being shipped to me.

However, my dashboard says its still pending the 4473. We'll see.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#35]

No "certify" email received.
View Quote

Emailed them last night, somehow my form was bobbled.  they had an email to me this AM.  Situation rectified.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:42:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: koz4guns] [#36]
I understand that the wait after the approval with CA is about the same as the wait on the front end for the form 3 with SS, but man its seems like a lot harder wait on the back side after you’ve already gotten that ATF approval email.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By koz4guns:
I understand that the wait after the approval with CA is about the same as the wait on the front end for the form 3 with SS, but man its seems like a lot harder wait on the back side after you've already gotten that ATF approval email.
View Quote
Another couple of weeks of waiting isn't too bad, considering approvals are coming back in days and sometimes just a couple of weeks, compared to a year+ historically. In that context, the wait time is pretty reasonable - but I agree these should be sold OTC and shouldn't even be NFA.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:12:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CiggyTardust] [#38]
Can anyone chime in on the wait time between Silencershop and Capitol Armory?  Now that approval times are faster I'm wondering which will be better to place a preorder assuming my local shop is quick (they are usually)...
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I cannot speak on the times. I am not sure there has been enough fast form 4 to say yet. All I can say is the service is 6 times better with Capitol, I tried 5 different SS dealers all were rude and I had to drive a hour to get there. so I will wait the extra time for Better service and people that want to have my business. I shop SS online for some accessories when out of stock else where. but it could not be that hard for SS to accept a eft but they make you do there's. I am not paying twice for finger prints when I all ready have a EFT.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Xerith] [#41]
Under 48 hours. Nomad L approved!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: monkeypunch] [#42]
Originally Posted By Xerith:
Under 48 hours. Nomad L approved!
View Quote

Wtffffff where mine

Edit: mine approved!!!! Hollllly shit. I need to work some OT...
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#43]
WTF, how are some approving so quickly?  If I knew it would happen that fast, I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
WTF, how are some approving so quickly?  If I knew it would happen that fast, I'd buy another.
View Quote

Either..

1. Theres one of us on the inside pushing these through to get them in our hands ASAP because he knows whats coming

or

2. Theyre doing it fast to refresh their "list" and coming for you guys first when the commies drop the ban hammer on us

Theres no other explanations for a .gov agency working so fast

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Either..

1. Theres one of us on the inside pushing these through to get them in our hands ASAP because he knows whats coming

or

2. Theyre doing it fast to refresh their "list" and coming for you guys first when the commies drop the ban hammer on us

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

Either..

or

I like the thought that they are speeding things up to make it look good to the courts when all semi autos get put on the nfa. That way excessive wait times cant be used against them.

Hey conspiracy theories are theories until they arent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#46]
well I just got a 2 day approval

did multiple the same day. only got one of them approved but 2 days not going complain
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Wtffffff where mine

Edit: mine approved!!!! Hollllly shit. I need to work some OT...
View Quote

Congrats on beating me. #%^$$ %$#UU^%&%#

@monkeypunch
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#48]
CLEO acceptance today. Maybe in hand by the end of the week, next week?

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: monkeypunch] [#49]

Congrats on beating me. #%^$$ %$#UU^%&%#

@monkeypunch
View Quote

I'm surprised ours didn't come back at the same time. But, if you did get a delay, that's probably it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Got two approvals this morning (one from a year ago and the other from 2 1/2 months ago) and digitally signed my 4473 tonight.  Hoping only two more weeks before they show up on my door.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top