Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 3:57:04 PM EDT
Pretty straight forward, I want to buy a suppressor at some point, and I mainly want to buy it for my Glock 19.

Two things about my Glock:
1) still has the standard sights, as I didnt want to buy a new set only to have them be unusable when the suppressor is attached.
2) I have an InForce light for my Glock 19. Its sticks out past the muzzel of the gun.

Are there suppressors that will still fit my Glock with the Light attached, and that I dont have to get suppressor height sights for it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1) still has the standard sights, as I didnt want to buy a new set only to have them be unusable when the suppressor is attached.
2) I have an InForce light for my Glock 19. Its sticks out past the muzzel of the gun.
View Quote
High sights don't become unusable without the suppressor attached - they're just higher than they need to be in that configuration.

I don't know of anything that would clear standard sights, be compatible with your light, and still suppress worth a damn.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Gem-tech GM-9 I got running on my 19 and 26.  Both functioned after the can was broke in and well lubed with 124gr plated reloads.  My 147s were not max loads and were problematic at first.  Max loads are still well in the sub range and now work very well.  The weight of the can really can F with the Glock's operation.  Glock had problems functioning with lights on the rails and probably still do with some ammo. 
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
My g19 has performed flawlessly with an Octane 9 and SiCo threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The best set up for this would be a short can such as a AAC Ti-rant 9s or the 9m in short mode.

The G19 is a short gun, and looks foolish with a long can on it - I've run it with my .45 Osprey, and it's like the villian's gun in Who Frammed Roger Rabbit.

Now, the Glock isn't a quiet host - something to do with lock up timing and how much gas comes back vs. how much goes through the can.  

For aiming, get a laser or light/laser combo like the Crimson Trace 204.  Much easier to use a laser than iron sights anyway, espcially as you get older and can't focus on the front sight.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I will never buy suppressor height sights again. They screw up POI and limit holster choices. If it's a big deal for you to see over the can, I would get a Glock MOS and red dot.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#8]
For other guns I've not minded the highth or found a POI difference, but yes, with the Glock, they're like Mt. Everest, with a POI difference.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Not trying to deter you from your potential setup but from what I've seen Glocks aren't the best suppressor hosts.  With that said, I prefer shorter suppressors on pistols even though they are a few db louder they handle much better.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not trying to deter you from your potential setup but from what I've seen Glocks aren't the best suppressor hosts.  With that said, I prefer shorter suppressors on pistols even though they are a few db louder they handle much better.
View Quote
Not really detering, the Glock 19 is my only pistol. I do plan on buying another 9mm pistol at some point, but as it is right now, the Glock is my only choice. Unless the HPA passes and companies like Silencerco and such drop their suppressor prices down alot, its either a new pistol, or a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really detering, the Glock 19 is my only pistol. I do plan on buying another 9mm pistol at some point, but as it is right now, the Glock is my only choice. Unless the HPA passes and companies like Silencerco and such drop their suppressor prices down alot, its either a new pistol, or a suppressor.
View Quote
Tirant 9M
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
My Osprey doesn't give me any trouble
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My Osprey doesn't give me any trouble
View Quote
I was not a fan of an osprey 45 on my gen 3 g19 with storm lake barrel.
It wouldn't run better than 90% of the time
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was not a fan of an osprey 45 on my gen 3 g19 with storm lake barrel.
It wouldn't run better than 90% of the time
View Quote
Using a  lone wolf barrel on a gen 3 (9mm Osprey) 100% so far.

The only time Ive ever had problems in the past is when I put a big can on a little gun (SWR HEMS2 on a G30) but I don't know if the 45 Osprey weighs enough to make that sort of difference...doubt that it would
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
As much as I love being able to use the stock sights with the illusion 9, I wouldn't recommend it. I can tell AAC kind of cheaped out with this one. Strange chalky finish, no engraving on the tube (printed on logo and stuff, looks like it might wear off). Also not the quietest can out there.

But shooting "through" other cans without suppressor sights sucks ass so it has that going for it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The VP9 is about the same size as a G19.  The TiRant 9s works really well with my VP9.  I just did a fit check with the VP9, APL and TiRant 9s and the light cleared...no issues.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top