Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
I own a AAC 7.62 SDN6 but I'm interested in getting a SIG MPX SBR so I may as well get into 9mm suppressor too. What is the best suppressor out there that I can shoot through my 9mm Glocks but can also handle use in a MPX?  I have no experience with pistol suppressors

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're only interested in suppressing 9mm, and not .45 cal, then I'd go with a SilencerCo Omega 9K. That's what I use for my MPX SBR and G17, and it works well on both hosts. It's compact and suppresses well. No regrets with it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Omega 9K is awesome. It's going to completely occlude the sights on a handgun unless you have a red dot though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Omega 9K is awesome. It's going to completely occlude the sights on a handgun unless you have a red dot though.
View Quote
Great opportunity to snag an ALG 6 second
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Great opportunity to snag an ALG 6 second
View Quote
Yuk. I'd rather get a MOS and deltapoint
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Illusion 9
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
9k all the way. And youll have a great 300blk can too
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Osprey 9. Mostly because I want to use my current sights on the pistol. But also it will do 9mm and 300 blk.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can shoot through my 9mm Glocks but can also handle use in a MPX? 
Thanks
View Quote

Inevitably you'll discover it will be the other way around - something that will spend most of the time on the MPX and also able to be used on your Glock on occasion.

Go for the Omega 9K - don't worry about being able to use your pistol sights.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll echo everyone here and say Omega 9k.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Omega 9k all the way for your intended use on the MPX
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Inevitably you'll discover it will be the other way around - something that will spend most of the time on the MPX and also able to be used on your Glock on occasion.

Go for the Omega 9K - don't worry about being able to use your pistol sights.
View Quote
this, all day long.

shoot through the suppressor with the sights with two eyes open, it just takes a little to get used to
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll echo most of the others here. It'll end up spending most of its time on the MPX. And go for the Omega 9k.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#14]
O9k or other offset can..for a one can setup.  

I use my 09k on my 9mm pistol but went with cans that are larger and suppress better on my PCC.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Not the latest and greatest but the octane 9 has been perfect on my G19 and CZ scorpion.  With 147gr subs, it sounds fantastic as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not the latest and greatest but the octane 9 has been perfect on my G19 and CZ scorpion.  With 147gr subs, it sounds fantastic as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:03:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, nearly unanimous vote for Omega 9K.  Just ordered one
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#18]
So what else do I need to mount the OMG9K on the MPX? Does it use a tri-lug?  Again, I'm not familiar with the pistol suppressor or really what the piston thing is all about
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So what else do I need to mount the OMG9K on the MPX? Does it use a tri-lug?  Again, I'm not familiar with the pistol suppressor or really what the piston thing is all about
View Quote
The factory MPX barrel has an M13.5 thread pitch. You basically have three ways to mount the Omega 9K to your MPX:

1. Tri-lug: you have three options here, all of them requiring that you purchase a tri-lug adapter from SilencerCo, Griffin, or Rugged.
    A. Buy an M13.5 tri-lug mount from Griffin.
    B. Buy a tri-lug barrel from In Lead We Trust.
    C. Turn your barrel down to 1/2x28 and get one of the readily available tri-lug mounts.

2. Direct thread mount with an Octane M13.5 direct thread mount which you will have to purchase separately.

3. Piston mount using an M13.5 piston and a fixed barrel spacer. DO NOT use the spring when on the MPX as doing so may damage your suppressor.

I think the most cost-effective solution for you to suppress both the MPX and your Glock is Option 3. You'll have to get a piston for your Glock anyway. If you get a Glock threaded barrel with M13.5 threads, you can use the same piston for both. Again, just remember to use the included spring for the Glock; exchange the spring with a fixed barrel spacer (purchased separately) for the MPX.

For the MPX I went with the unnecessarily expensive route of an ILWT 4.5" tri-lug & threaded barrel and a Rugged tri-lug mount. It locks up real tight and functions as expected. The barrel is terrific but expensive.

For the Glock I went with a SilencerCo threaded barrel (1/2x28 threads) and bought a SilencerCo piston to go with it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The factory MPX barrel has an M13.5 thread pitch. You basically have three ways to mount the Omega 9K to your MPX:

1. Tri-lug: you have three options here, all of them requiring that you purchase a tri-lug adapter from SilencerCo, Griffin, or Rugged.
    A. Buy an M13.5 tri-lug mount from Griffin.B. Buy a tri-lug barrel from In Lead We Trust.C. Turn your barrel down to 1/2x28 and get one of the readily available tri-lug mounts.

2. Direct thread mount with an Octane M13.5 direct thread mount which you will have to purchase separately.

3. Piston mount using an M13.5 piston and a fixed barrel spacer. DO NOT use the spring when on the MPX as doing so may damage your suppressor.

I think the most cost-effective solution for you to suppress both the MPX and your Glock is Option 3. You'll have to get a piston for your Glock anyway. If you get a Glock threaded barrel with M13.5 threads, you can use the same piston for both. Again, just remember to use the included spring for the Glock; exchange the spring with a fixed barrel spacer (purchased separately) for the MPX.

For the MPX I went with the unnecessarily expensive route of an ILWT 4.5" tri-lug & threaded barrel and a Rugged tri-lug mount. It locks up real tight and functions as expected. The barrel is terrific but expensive.

For the Glock I went with a SilencerCo threaded barrel (1/2x28 threads) and bought a SilencerCo piston to go with it.
View Quote
Extremely helpful!  I have been looking at the ILWT 9" MPX barrels so I may go the same route you went. So you just swap out the mounts/pistons on the OMG9K when going from MPX to Glock?
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Extremely helpful!  I have been looking at the ILWT 9" MPX barrels so I may go the same route you went. So you just swap out the mounts/pistons on the OMG9K when going from MPX to Glock?
View Quote
No worries; happy to help.

Yes, you would swap out the piston assembly with the tri-lug assembly. Each assembly has its individual parts that aren't useable in the other assembly. For me, however, I have multiple pistol suppressors so I don't necessarily do that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't have any experience with the omega 9k, but my Tirant 9 with the three lug adapter is pretty slick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top