Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2017 7:53:37 PM EDT
So, I'm sending my Ryder 9 in to have the deformed front baffle fixed.  The RFI response that I have to submit before getting the RMA requires that my shipping address and Form 4 address match.  That's a problem, since I bought the can under my trust at my old address.  Obviously, the ATF will not reissue a stamp just because my trust address changed.  Any thoughts?

Quote from Surefire e-mail:

Thank you for contacting SureFire. Please reply with the following information:
•Full name
•shipping address (must match the address on your Form 4 tax stamp
•phone number
•suppressor model number including the color
•serial number
•adapter model number
•weapon type
•ammo type
•Problem you are experiencing

Thank you,

NAME REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
Technical Support
SUREFIRE, LLC
17680 Newhope St., Suite B, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
T 800-828-8809 F 714-545-9537

Pics of baffle:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You could file a 5320.20 for a permanent move and attach that as well - but I'd call them up first, explain the situation to them and see if they can still accommodate you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have to imagine this comes up from time to time. I don't live in the same house as when I bought half my NFA stuff.

Let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha. My first double tap ever.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Form .20 is a good idea. You might also attach a notarized amendment to your trust of an address change.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Has Surefire STILL not learned? FFS.

@Kudu22 is the only person who can help you now. God knows what'll happen to that company when he retires.

Fun reading: https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/469117_.html
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Kudu22 is the only person who can help you now. God knows what'll happen to that company when he retires.

View Quote
Fuck I forgot about that debacle. For a company that sells silencers to the civilian market they sure don't seem to know shit about said market.

As an owner of two of their cans I'm interested to see this resolved for the OP and as a policy going forward.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting thread.  This is ridiculous.  AAC has shipped their cans back to me at several addresses.

Help me @Kudu22, you're my only hope.  

Seriously though, if they're going to make me jump through hoops to get this taken care of, I'm done with Surefire.

I couldn't even get the CS rep SELL me another takedown tool.  I offered to pay up to $120 for the tool and was told that they do not sell them without the can.  So, Ryder owners, don't lose your takedown tool.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting thread.  This is ridiculous.  AAC has shipped their cans back to me at several addresses.

Help me @Kudu22, you're my only hope.  

Seriously though, if they're going to make me jump through hoops to get this taken care of, I'm done with Surefire.

I couldn't even get the CS rep SELL me another takedown tool.  I offered to pay up to $120 for the tool and was told that they do not sell them without the can.  So, Ryder owners, don't lose your takedown tool.
View Quote
Lol
I be trying Howard can make you one
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#9]
my experience with surefire when I got several baffle strikes due to an improperly installed (by a armorer) muzzle brake was great. yes they charged me for a repair but made up for it in other ways.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
You do not need to have the form 4 and your current address match. That is incorrect and I have taken the matter up with the head of customer service.

Garin Lee

Surefire Director of Sales
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You do not need to have the form 4 and your current address match. That is incorrect and I have taken the matter up with the head of customer service.

Garin Lee

Surefire Director of Sales
View Quote
Awesome!  Thank you, Kudu.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Awesome!  Thank you, Kudu.
View Quote
Bet he could get you a spare tool ;)
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is incorrect and I have taken the matter up with the head of customer service.
Garin Lee
View Quote
You might want to update their warranty e-mail template!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top